The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Isk HP-580

iSK Pro Audio HP-580

4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Inexpensive but great sound.

1st February 2016

iSK Pro Audio HP-580 by Mr Funk

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Isk HP-580

NOTE - I GAVE THE SOUND 4 OUT OF 5, BUT THIS WAS IN COMPARISON TO THE WAY MORE EXPENSIVE AKG'S. IN THEIR PRICE, THEY EASILY GET A 5.

Going to keep this short.

The look and feel cheap, as in they are not finished in a way that says class, but that is not to say I would expect them to fall apart, they are simply not pretty or built like a tank.

They are however very light and comfortable.

So, how do they sound? well compared to my AKG K7XX from Massdrop, which are essentially the K702AE, they sound pretty good!

The AKG's have better soundstage and more separation and air around instruments, but the actually even tonal balance of the iSK's is very close to the AKG's. So the sound is narrower and a little congested in comparison, but the bass on the iSK's is a little more punchy and it's possible may be more revealing than the low end on the K7XX, but it's too early for me to know which are more "accurate" and translate better?

It's possible there is a slight lift in the male vocal frequencies, as my voice seemed to stand out a little more than my female partner during harmonies, but again, I'm not sure if the AKG's have a dip or the iSK's have a rise causing this?

I am pretty confident that I could mix on either of these cans and the resulting mix would be not dis-similar. In other words for under £30, I am blown away by these and will definitely try other iSK phones in the future.

I actually bought these used, but they were as new with the protective film on etc, as they had only beed used twice. I paid only £16, so man oh man I'm well pleased!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Isk HP-580
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search