The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland A90 EX

Roland A-90

4.65 4.65 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Weighted, piano-style, midi keyboard controller that serves as your studio's midi command center.

27th January 2016

Roland A-90 by Local Man

• Sound Quality N/A
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Roland A90 EX

The Roland A-90 is an 88 key weighted, piano-style action, midi controller keyboard. The A-90 EX is the exact same keyboard but with an expansion pack that adds some pretty usable internal sounds (without this expansion, the A-90 is a controller only). Though this keyboard is almost 20 years old, it is still the best weighted action keyboard controller I have ever used. The keys feel awesome and have a very even response across the keyboard. It is well built and still functions perfectly after many yeas of heavy use. The midi routing options are incredible. Nothing on the market today comes close. If you have a lot of outboard synths, drum machines, and sound modules, this will be the control center at the heart of your studio.The one downside is that it doesn't have the assignable knobs and sliders you get on machines now a days; but you get so much more. As soon as I come across a keyboard that has a better feel, more reliability, or better functionality I will sell my A-90 EX. But since that hasn't happened yet, I'm hanging on to my 20 year old keyboard.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Roland A90 EX
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search