Prism Sound Lyra 2 by alexvdbroek
Prism Sound Lyra 2
A high quality USB interface.
- 2 A/D Analogue input channels select from:
- 2 x Microphone XLR inputs with phantom power and 20dB pads
- 2 x High-impedance front panel instrument inputs
- 2 x Balanced line inputs on TRS jack
- 4 D/A Analogue Line Output channels
- Headphone output with independent mix and volume control
- S/PDIF Digital in and out on RCA/phono
- S/PDIF / ADAT Digital in and out on TOSLINK optical
- AES3 mode on RCA/Phono with supplied XLR adaptor
- Word-clock sync I/O on BNC connectors
- Sample rate conversion on digital inputs or outputs
- Ethernet port for future expansion
The Lyra 2 is an excellent interface. It is of top-notch quality. The pre-amps are excellent and extremely clean. They provide a tonne of gain. The conversion as you would expect from Prism is also great.
I purchased the prism as I used to have a firewire interface and wanted to have something that would work with future computer upgrades. The USB connection ensures this. I often record remotely and the Lyra 2 works well with its size and of course it has an ADAT input so I can plug my External Preamp unit in there, giving me up to 10 inputs.
The trend these days seems to be to have as less knobs as possible on the front of the unit. Its not my favourite thing as I'd prefer to turn a knob than to use the software mixer, but it works well enough. The Lyra also automatically picks up what sort of input I have inserted so that cuts down on clicks. The software mixer is very comprehensive so you do need to put some effort into it, and I enjoy being able to control the routing so thoroughly.
This interface is excellent.