The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundcraft UI12

Soundcraft Ui12

2.25 2.25 out of 5, based on 1 Review

12-input Remote-Controlled Digital Mixer

26th January 2016

Soundcraft Ui12 by 2manyrocks

• Sound Quality 1 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 1 out of 5
  • Overall: 2.25
Soundcraft UI12

I have owned and used my Soundcraft UI12 for over six months.

The user interface is the best feature of this mixer. The GUI is the same on windows and android tablets and very well laid out. Faders are large enough on a 8" tablet to be used easily. The integrated music player works on normal wav files without changing them to 44k and is very functional. However-----

NUMBER ONE NEGATIVE-I have experienced an annoying level of hiss when using phantom powered condenser mics on this mixer. The hiss really stands out when trying to mic an acapella group or a public speaker. I have found this hiss worse than any other mixer I have owned or used. The level of hiss is plainly unacceptable for a mixer that cost me $399 when first released, IMO. This is why I rated the sound quality and bang for buck at a 1.

I experienced so many disconnects with the built in router than I have since begun using an external router.

Over the six months I have used the UI12, I have grown to dislike the case. It is not rack mountable. Coupled with the external PSU and need to use an external router, it makes for a mess of wires that could have been avoided had the manufacturer included a more powerful internal router, an internal power supply, and put the components in a more standard rack mount case design.

My experience with Soundcraft support for this mixer has also been disappointing to say the least. I called Soundcraft tech support in the US to discuss my concerns with the hiss I have experienced when using phantom power. I was asked to send an email for a return authorization. I sent the email and never received any response.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Soundcraft UI12
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search