The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee Electronics Quartet

4.4 4.4 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

12 in X 8 out audio interface.

26th January 2016

Apogee Electronics Quartet by Cislunar

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75

I've owned this interface for about 6 months and have used it on a variety of projects. Overall it's OK, but I would look hard at an Apollo before buying another one.

Positive:
-Compact and sleek design
-4 high quality pre amps
-Low latency
-Works with Ipad
-expandable with ADAT
-Once setup fairly easy to use
-Quick dim switch
-96Khz
-Good customer support
-meters

Con's:
-Maestro software for low latency monitoring adds additional steps to setup and is clunky.
-Noisy!... appears to be a common problem related to power supply. Expect to spend $70 on Hum eliminator. PITA!
-Gltchy... I've experienced numerous freezing and bugs upon unit startup
-NO MIDI connection only usb midi.
-Phantom/routing etc all handled in Maestro software.

13th April 2016

Apogee Electronics Quartet by boydell200

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

I feel that this is such a fantastic product. Yes, it can have occasional moments but they are occasional and when you think that for 1000 or less (better than their counterparts) you get 4 incredible mic pres that stand up against 1073s/610s, converters you can depend on being world class and it looks wicked. and you can set it up so everything is accessible through the touch screen so don't know why the other reviewer said that. You almost never have to use their software (which isn't perfect but again, I hardly need to use it). I wished there had been a 5 pin midi but this is the 21st century after all!

16th January 2017

Apogee Electronics Quartet by nikkifixx

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

Over all I love working with the quartet. Its laid out nicely and easy to navigate through the features. So if you need to troubleshoot you can pin point everything with ease. I do a lot of field recording and the quartet works great.

It would be nice if it was a bit cheaper, $2000 plus can be a lot for only 4 channels. However, the adat connection is nice if do need to expand my inputs and outputs.

I'm really happy with the quartet.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Apogee Electronics Quartet
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search