The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nektar Panorama P6

Nektar Panorama P6

4.65 4.65 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

How can a midi controller be interesting enough to write a Gearslutz review? I wouldn't have thought this possible... but the Nektar Panorama is worth a minute. The integration alone will improve your DAW workflow... and that's critical for me.

21st January 2016

Nektar Panorama P6 by spiderman

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Nektar Panorama P6

First... the keybed for this controller isn't the best I've ever played, but it's good enough for the majority of users.

The rest of the controller, especially the software integration and control design, is amazing. At first I purchased a NI Komplete Kontrol S61 to replace my Akai MPK88. While I liked that keybed slightly better, the NI integration method (using a plugin wrapper) was nasty. This would never work for me.

The Nektar seems to be hand-coded. The keyboard automatically adapts to a large number of programs, and when a function or plugin isn't prebuilt into the integration software... it's rather simple to create your own mapping for almost anything.

It took a few weeks of setup, but that this point I've moved a large number of my Cubase key commands over to the Panorama and I'm really enjoying the workflow improvements. It moves the controller into the center of my workflow with ease... I'm using less mouse and qwerty commands, and doing more with the buttons, faders, and encoders on the controllers.

It's fun. It works. If you're considering this for these reasons... you should give it a go.

1st February 2016

Nektar Panorama P6 by Taprecords

• Sound Quality N/A
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.25
Nektar Panorama P6

I bought the controller to use with Reason and it has been a godsend. I am able to use Reason without touching the mouse on my computer much. It has a large display and Nektar keeps the maps updated for the Rack Extensions. It has vastly improved my workflow.

The request that I would have for the controller is 16 drum pads instead of 12.

10th September 2016

Nektar Panorama P6 by TJT

• Sound Quality N/A
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Nektar Panorama P6

The thing I love about the Panorama is that they are not tied to one software company, so you get integration with a huge variety of manufacturers. I use a dedicated laptop with my P6 and it works as both a Cubase "workstation" with all of my vsts AND as a midi controller for all the hardware in my studio at the same time. It's amazing thinking of vsts as separate hardware synths instantly integrated with your controller.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Nektar Panorama P6
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search