The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ZOOM UAC-2

ZOOM UAC-2

4.65 4.65 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

Compact, Affordable and AMAZING DAC AUDIO!

15th January 2016

ZOOM UAC-2 by WooferVampire

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
ZOOM UAC-2

First of all I would like to say I love this unit! I have owned many and this one has some power for ALL MY VST's!! My other cards were having trouble keeping up.
I haven't sampled yet so I will return when I do for that section

PROS:
Sound quality is amazing for the price.
Very simple mixer interface with input effects.
TONS of headroom.
Stereo imaging is 9 of 10

CONS:
You may have trouble with usb 3.0 drivers working perfect depending on your computers build.
2 ins, 2 outs if you need more routing.

My build:

VIA VL800 USB 3.0 PCI Express Card fully working in Windows 10 64 bit.
Standard usb 3.0 xhci driver worked but had poor audio quality and popped semi frequently.
Had to visit VIA website and update to new driver and now its AS PROMISED QUALITY!

I think its way worth it if you get the drivers loaded properly. I give it a 9 of 10 for a 2 in 2 out device because its build quality is top notch and so is the audio!

13th March 2016

ZOOM UAC-2 by undergrowth

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
ZOOM UAC-2

I have sort high and low for an interface that would handle my tracks at low latency without breaking the bank, never did I imagine that such performance would come to USB and yet here it is. An interface which is hyped as USB 3 but runs equally well on a USB 2 bus. Burr brown converters, crisp sound and some hugely helpful features such as the ability to add effects that are not recorded such as reverb. Yep you heard it right latency low enough to give RME a serious run for their money and yet for recording vocalists you have a native reverb effect that doesn't get recorded (there is an option to do so).
Best price performance point on the market this little beauty smashes everything else out of the park. Yes a couple more I/O would have been nice but then there is always the zoom uac 8 for that.

1 week ago

ZOOM UAC-2 by manfromplanetx

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
ZOOM UAC-2

After a Presonus Audiobox96 and a Focusrite Solo I landed on the UAC-2 from Zoom.
My requirement was low latency so I can record guitar parts into Sonar using TH3 and Revalver for later use into my full size studio. The UAC-2 was the only interface so far that has gotten the latency down low enough to provide a useful "pop-free" place to record.
The hardware build of the unit seems really good, I havent taken it apart yet to see whats inside, I would imagine a bunch of SMD stuff I can't do anything about anyway.
The drivers seem pretty stable, I have only been using it for about 4 days now, with 1 or 2 weird glitches where the audio engine in Sonar stopped for some reason. You can just load the driver and it is accessible through the ASIO menu in sonar and you can directly adjust the buffer there. There is also a MixEfx interface you can install that allows some other "tweaking " of the unit. I loaded this later, because being color blind the green/red clip light means nothing to me on the front of the unit, so I set my level inside this small program.
The latency is good enough to get done what I wanted to do, short of messing around with a bunch of other software to test it, the Sonar ASIO panel shows 6.1m of total in/out time. the other 2 interfaces were 2X that before I got to a REALLY clean "pop-free" place. I realize this is higher than other numbers out there.
Interesting things about this unit. The driver lets you select timing in very low steps, I am running the above at 96 samples, usually it goes 32, 64, 128 etc. and in my case the samples was perfect and may have made the difference between a 64 sample pop fest and a latency too big 128 sample setting. It is the only small USB3 interface on the market, and it seems to be a benefit in reducing latency. It has MIDI, which I may need, and other 2x2 USBs dont have this. It uses the same ADCs and etc as "high end" units do, of course this is affected by the circuitry in front and behind the ADCs and the overall implementation of them, but it seems to be well done. The impeadance of the instrument input is 1Meg which is ideal, some are 500k, which is good, but if you have ever heard the difference between a 1M and a 500k pot in a guitar... you will understand why this does make a small but important difference.
Overall the sound quality seems great, and the latency is low.

will update later
ManfromPlanetX

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search