The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eventide H8000FW

Eventide H8000FW

3.25 3.25 out of 5, based on 1 Review

The definitive multi-channel multi-fx unit and more. It is sound sex. But it has some issues. It also has some awesomeness. OSX users (every pro I know is), Apple pissed off the vsig guy. Eventide decided we don't need a graphical editor like VSIGX for mac. Eventide is wrong / arrogant

13th January 2016

Eventide H8000FW by Analogue rocks

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 1 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.25
Eventide H8000FW

The unit connects with just about any I/O you can name. The sound quality is great. To use the presets, the front panel is fine and it is easy enough to jump on using the front screen and adjust parameters.
It is on the whole a fabulous thing.

Bypass, for a 5k plus fabulous thing the bypass is an absolute dogs dinner. Even after jumping into the bypass menu.

The audio I/O is fab, analogue digital word clock fw etc.

So within a day I discover my new " pro" box will not talk to my studio heart my OSX 10.8.5 mac for sound sculpting, and then I found the truth about Apple, Vsig, and that Eventide seem to have shrugged it off. They should never have been depending on a 3rd party graphical editor for a machine of this caliber any way BAD EVENTIDE

I would use very very bad words but moderators will just change them so (*£%@>/"%$&* is exactly how I feel about having to dig out an old windows laptop with a serial port, &^%$ you Eventide, not happy.

The box is great but Corporate America has compromised it

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search