The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Music and More (MaM) MB33 Retro

4 4 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Small format clone of TB303

17th November 2015

Music and More (MaM) MB33 Retro by Zajebca

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

"Limited edition" of MB33 synth in small desktop format.
Comes in cardboard box with small sticker on it saying it's a synth.
Chasis is made from metal so despite small size it gives you a good feeling on the table.
Knobs move smoothly and without any additional resistance.
There is also a audio input to use the filter of MB33 Retro with outboard sounds.
Nice feature is a knob instead switch to select wave of VCO.

If you dont have TB303 or cannot afford it this is nice piece of gear that clone its, not perfectly but you can do acid with it.

For as low as 140€ its a great bang for a buck.

2 weeks ago

Music and More (MaM) MB33 Retro by synthcoyote

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75

This is an interesting little bass synth: a clone of the TB-303 circuit design, but done with modern surface mount components and without the sequencer. The metal chassis and construction are solid, but I don't love having to power it with an external transformer. It has a 1/4" VCF input jack, an output jack, a MIDI in (full-sized DIN!) and the aforementioned wall wart's power input. No power switch.

No presets, all knobs

Sound is great. I haven't owned a real TB-303, but I love that this thing can make a huge range of 303-type sounds, including really dirty overdriven stuff. In fact, you can dial in more overdrive if that's the kind of sound you like, though I keep mine dialed down so I can do a mix of sounds.

I was able to purchase mine new for €139 on eBay. All in all a great value in a very specialized little synth.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Music and More (MaM) MB33 Retro
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search