The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blue Microphones enCORE 100

4.45 4.45 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

Great studio mic for many applications.

18th October 2015

Blue Microphones enCORE 100 by manifestgtr

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

The sound of the Encore 100 is basically this: Take your standard issue live dynamic mic, toss it through an eq to smooth out the midrange, give it a little expensive sounding air and poof. That's the Encore 100. You can use it on snares, vocals, guitars...the typical dynamic application...I've even used it to record my voice for videos and tutorials and it sounds great. This thing is probably the most attractive mic in the encore line. It's breath taking to look at. Looks good in videos and will more than likely impress clientele. That coupled with its solid, heavy build and its confident sound...you have a great dynamic mic that'll probably work well for decades. That's why I own four of them.

28th December 2015

Blue Microphones enCORE 100 by Lenzo

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

I just picked up a 100i and a 200 during this current holiday sale. I've been impressed with other Blue mics and wondered what they could do for around $50.
Both the 100i and the 200 have a quality feel. They have weight and are quite attractive in my opinion. I think the 200 really looks classy. Soundwise they hold up against my 57's and 58's. Maybe a bit more high end than my 57's, which I liked. I do think the 100i has a issue with handling noise, so it probably won't be a great replacement for a 58 if you hand hold. The 200 was quieter with regards to handling noise. Both mics seemed to have good s/n. The 200 is active so it requires phantom. For the price they are pretty outstanding. If you are in a real cash crunch and need a good sounding mic for very little money, either of these would work for both vocals and acoustic/electric guitars. I prefer the 200, and if you have phantom on your interface, I'd go there.
L.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Blue Microphones enCORE 100
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search