The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Klanghelm MJUC

Klanghelm MJUC

4.9 4.9 out of 5, based on 8 Reviews

A no-brainer, 3-in-1 compressor plugin for PC/MAC.

1st August 2015

Klanghelm MJUC by strayboom

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Klanghelm MJUC

Klanghelm's plugins are great. Period. The MJUC is the latest addition to the arsenal that has 3 compressor modules, each with different characteristic.
Tried it, bought it. This plugin is a great value for the money (24 Euros intro offer), easy to use, great sound, nice interface. MJUC will be my new go-to compressor.
Highly recommended to use, I would even give it 6-7-8 stars, not only 5.

2nd September 2015

Klanghelm MJUC by PB+J

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
Klanghelm MJUC

Klanghelm is a one man shop that makes a few excellent plugins. The plugins are inexpensive and extremely well regarded. The saturation plugin, SDRR, is extremely effective and flxible. Klanghlem makes another compressor, DC8C, which is extremely flexible and has a variety of compression modes. Both are under $50 US

MJUC is the latest. It's a compressor roughly based on the Vari-Mu model, and it's great strength is a sound with a strong feel of density or solidity wth a GUI that hits the sweet spot between controls/features and complexity.

It has three modes, which offer different controls. MK I is the most colored: it has a fat and thick sound that's not fuzzy or muddy. It's basically threshold and output gain, with limited attack and release controls. It has a "hidden panel" with more controls for saturation, timbre, and sidechain hipass filter. The other two modes seem, to me, progressively less "colored."

I'm not going to go on here: it's cheap, it sounds great, the controls are straightforward. it's replaced a whole bunch of other comps for me. You can't go wrong with it

16th December 2015

Klanghelm MJUC by ionone

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
Klanghelm MJUC

i just tried the free version, but boy is it really incredibly sounding. The price of the paid unit is $24 which is a steal for 3 compressors and a tube simulation unit. The tube sim is amazing, never heard something that good, specially on vocals

the free version is okay but i think i will buy the full version very soon!

26th January 2016

Klanghelm MJUC by Chikidrummer

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
Klanghelm MJUC

Great compressor with 3 different styles.
It gives some weight and thickness to the sound.
The MkII on snare and kick gives them a really nice sound, and playing with timbre and drive, you can give them some edge and saturation, that just sounds delicious!

27th January 2016

Klanghelm MJUC by noremorze

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
Klanghelm MJUC

This is an amazing plugin, it features 3 different compressors for a very cheap price. There's also a free slimmed down version for you to try out, but I would get the paid version. It has replaced more expensive compressors for me, absolutely stunning quality.

Highly recommended, and for that price it's a steal.

27th January 2016

Klanghelm MJUC by Toadfish

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
Klanghelm MJUC

Before I say anything, I've got to note that this plugin is among the best bargains you'll ever find as a producer. If you don't have it, buy it now. I can't remember the price, off the top of my head, but I'm sure it's in the $50 and below category. Unreal. I'd have paid many times more for this plugin than what I actually did. Many thanks to Tony @ Klanghelm for making such incredible plugins at especially incredible prices. I own them all, and they're all 5-star quality.

There's not a lot more I can to add to the already excellent reviews of MJUC. It sounds incredible. Having a choice of three different compressors - MK1/MK2/MK3 - in a single plugin allows for a wide range of compression duties to be achieved quickly and easily. It's now my go-to compressor plugin alongside The Glue by Cytomic.

I have MJUC on the MK2 setting living permanently on the drum bus on my standard DAW templates. Occasionally I'll flip it over to mk3 mode and add some punch. The mk2 model normally wins the shootout, though.

With regards to automatic gain compensation, this plugin has the best AGC algorithm that I've personally heard, ever. I always turn AGC off on every plugin, with the exception of MJUC. It's damn near perfect.

While on the subject of MJUC, everyone should check out MJUC Jr - it's a free taster, shall we say, for it's senior relative. Well worth a visit to Klanghelm's website to grab a copy of that (again, can't remember the website address but if you Google Klanghelm you won;t go far wrong).

29th January 2016

Klanghelm MJUC by justinheronmusic

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
Klanghelm MJUC

This is easily one of the best compressors in my collection, and I've got everything from UA to Slate, to IK, to Waves. I use this on vocals, I use it on bass; it sounds gorgeous on strings and synth. Sometimes I find myself wishing I had more tracks I could put this on because it sounds so good. Each compressor has it's own sonic signature and i find myself using at least one of them on every session, if not all 3.

Analog sounds great, we can all agree on that. It has a depth and weight to it that can't be matched. That being said, this compressor is the closest thing that I have found to analog compression. Its thick, it's weighty, it has mood. The fact that you get 3 compression models in one plugin is insane. There is really no reason NOT to have this in your arsenal. You'd be hard pressed to find a better compressor ITB regardless of price or manufacturer reputation. Waves and Universal Audio wishes they could make plugins this good.

29th January 2016

Klanghelm MJUC by PassionFlower

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Klanghelm MJUC

I read the raves about this compressor on GS and thought that it was so little money that I decided to pick it up right away.

And yes, in terms of bang for the buck this is certainly great. It offers three distinct variations in character and a lot of options. And it manages to get some of that low end beefiness and smoothness that a lot of analog modelling plugins are missing, and that is cool. But I'm not in love with it as an actual compressor. It rarely seems to behave in a way that I expect it to, and I really tried to get to learn and like it, but I just don't in most cases. This is why I rated the sound quality 3 even though it in theory is excellent.

Sometimes it does fit just right for me however. It has done some magic on drum busses and bass tracks that I just could not get with any of my other compressors. And it's those cases that makes it worth the little money I paid for it.
But my go-to compressors remain to be the UAD Manley Vari-Mu, LA-2A, Fairchild and 1176. They are reliable great sounding tools that always work for me and that's worth more to me than the mojo MJUC provides.

That said, I think it was well worth the money. Would I have paid $149 for it? No. But for the price it's a very nice addition to the toolset and can provide lots of colors and mojo.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Klanghelm MJUC
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search