The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Novation Launchpad Mini

Novation Launchpad Mini

3 3 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Excellent for the studio, the worst purchase for live in terms of durability!

18th June 2015

Novation Launchpad Mini by stereobuddha

• Sound Quality N/A
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 1 out of 5
  • Overall: 2.25
Novation Launchpad Mini

So, I was quite excited when the Launchpad mini released, I ordered one, and here's what I think.
First Impressions :
I felt that the unit was well packaged & decently built, integration with Ableton and the launchpad app is flawless, the stickers provided with the unit for FL and Ableton users eventually fade off or start to wear off, can be a lot better! the unit looks pretty tacky once u put the stickers!
In Use :
I generally have a minimum of 5 gigs in a month where I am using the Launchpad mini as my main device along with a traktor Z1 , Initially the unit showed promise, it was a pain using a launch pad for some of my afternoon sets, coz I couldn't see anything, but I guess I can't blame the device for that, but it is definitely something to consider!
Using it as an instrument to even play beats is painful, I prefer the MPC style pads for that, I don't know how easily they do it in the demo videos!!!
After about 5-6 gigs, within the same month, the USB port on the unit started to get loose (this after placing the unit in its box and carrying it around and handling with a lot of care, and by the 7th gig, the port detached from the main circuit board, warranty is a joke with novation it seems and since then I have shifted to an AKAI LPD8 for triggering samples in Ableton.
Verdict :
F**k All unit, never buying another novation product again, the warranty is useless, so the unit is about to hit the trash can.
I recommend AKAI or Livid or even the KORG Nano controllers!
Highly disappointed to say the least.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Novation Launchpad Mini
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search