The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sennheiser E935

Sennheiser E935

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

An impressive live mic especially for male vocals.

16th June 2015

Sennheiser E935 by AndyHowell

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Sennheiser E935

I've always thought the standard Sure 58s were not quite for me. I don't really like the proximity effect that has you swallowing the mic (often more a problem of the person running the sound desk). For a few years I have used the super cardioid 58 beta. This gives you more space from the mic but somehow I've never felt at home with the sound.

The E935 has been an excellent buy. It gives you a bit more space from the mic to play with which is far more pleasant and comfortable. The response from the mic seems reasonably flat and it just sounds better with male vocals, especially baritone types. Am not quite so sure on female vocals and so far most female singers I have worked with prefer the 58 beta.

For me this is the perfect live mic. A little more expensive than the 58 but equivalent to the beta — but a much better mic I feel.

It is built like a tank as you might expect for a live mic. It is straightforward with no special features or switches. I'm not quite sure what the difference is between this and the E945 although that seems to be recommended for bands. For acoustic sets and single performers the E935 is superb.

Virtually nothing to dislike. Worth checking out if you are not quite happy with your live sound.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Sennheiser E935
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search