The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everyone, I am involved in a project and Im looking for a growler but cannot find any around here. Im thinking of doing...

Ostkin01
replies: 0 views: 631
Ostkin01 17th October 2015

Hi, has anyone heard one yet? New high quality closed headphones. 500 euros or so. Very interested if good enough for checking...

huub
replies: 1 views: 735
Rolo 46 16th October 2015

Hey hey, I'm setting up to do live solo one-man shows, where I loop different instruments and sing at the same time. Mostly...

Hitrate
replies: 15 views: 5,247
philper 14th October 2015

Hi, Just made a piano recording in a bit dry but quite neutral cultural center/cinema hall. Setup was two omni pairs - Line...

Polifonia
replies: 22 views: 4,807
hbphotoav 14th October 2015

Has anyone used either of these ? AMT M40 Piano Microphone System M40 B&H Photo Video...

studer58
replies: 3 views: 1,050
hbphotoav 14th October 2015

This clip is of a young Brazilian composer Vicente Alexim, with music for chamber orchestra. Recorded in a circular hall with an...

aracu
replies: 3 views: 705
aracu 14th October 2015

I'll be recording our community orchestra in a couple of weeks. I'm getting good results recording the orchestra itself with a...

jackelliott
replies: 3 views: 1,094
edva 13th October 2015

I just did my first session directly to SD card rather than hard drive and it worked perfectly. I tested recording 32 tracks...

grrrayson
replies: 10 views: 4,318
grrrayson 13th October 2015

When recording a big band, what would be the advantage of close miking each instrument vs. miking sections, i.e. one mic for...

chris319
replies: 39 views: 10,056
hbphotoav 11th October 2015

Hi there, I would like to get insight how much use high pass filters get in classical music recording / mixing ? Is it a...

Shaman
replies: 25 views: 4,426
[email protected] 9th October 2015

Hi there I wonder, wether there is another level of preamps, compared to my metric halo ULN8, which I use for live recording...

RFrommann
replies: 10 views: 2,915
edva 9th October 2015

Hi All, I'm a singer songwriter and have been recording with a small studio setup for some time. I'm considering getting a...

onecluster
replies: 11 views: 1,466
Andy Gone 8th October 2015

My first attempt at a Decca tree in quite a while, this was for a piano quintet. Tree had a pair of MKH8020 for left/right and...

studer58
replies: 8 views: 1,164
studer58 7th October 2015

I'm looking to record live rehearsals of a fairly loud rock band. I've been using a Zoom Q3 recorder but want to see if I can...

wolfereeno
replies: 9 views: 4,001
joelpatterson 5th October 2015

So I am doing some film work doing some sound and one of the scenes are in a warehouse. My main obstacle is obviously reverb....

mojofunkster
replies: 5 views: 1,381
mojofunkster 4th October 2015

Dear all, In one month, I have a CD recording with French baroque music (Rameau: Pièces de clavecin en Concerts) for 4...

apotheosis
replies: 35 views: 3,064
Polifonia 4th October 2015

Hi, has anyone tried the SPL Phonitor mini yet? Seems a great product, very portable. In Kürze: Sound Performance Lab

huub
replies: 4 views: 3,886
barryfell 4th October 2015

Clip from rehearsal of Mendelssohn Violin Concerto, recorded with 4060 main pair and Sonodore 65 spot:

aracu
replies: 15 views: 1,305
Wyllys 4th October 2015

so, I had my session with the opera singer and piano accompaniment. sadly, the bosendorfer developed a mechanical issue, and we...

jnorman
replies: 6 views: 1,021
jnorman 4th October 2015

Wouldn't it be great if this type of opportunity for mentorship and learning were more commonplace ?...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 974
Thomas W. Bethe 3rd October 2015

If you have been following my occasional posts, you might know that much of my recording is done in a room that is pretty lousy....

connloyalist
replies: 24 views: 3,166
hbphotoav 2nd October 2015

next Thursday, I will be recording an opera singer with piano (7'4" bosendorfer) accompaniment at the pianist's house...

jnorman
replies: 18 views: 1,772
jnorman 1st October 2015

They worked quickly back in those days...see lengthy article in centre of this page: jrm11.html

studer58
replies: 3 views: 1,296
studer58 1st October 2015

I knew something like this had to exist, but hadn't tracked down a manufacturer until now. If you ever get input into the design...

studer58
replies: 2 views: 740
DCtoDaylight 30th September 2015

Through something very stupid I did, my CM3s fell five feet from a mic stand to a hardwood floor. They still record and sound...

bkazez
replies: 8 views: 1,182
Rolo 46 30th September 2015

Hello, I need some help with the equipment needed for recording with contact microphones. Currently I'm using the...

marba
replies: 23 views: 6,600
Zeppelin Design 30th September 2015

Hello. I want the option not to be tethered to camera on set. My field recorder has an 1/8th inch unbalanced output. I'm looking...

Monty_Python
replies: 13 views: 1,432
Monty_Python 30th September 2015

I've always had difficulty setting mics to ORTF. There's a seller named SRSrecordings at Shapeways.com that offers some 3d...

2manyrocks
replies: 47 views: 9,962
rcartwright 29th September 2015

Does anyone here have any knowledge to what Richard King's setup was for 'Herrmann: The Film Scores' with Salonen and the LA...

u47u67u87
replies: 3 views: 1,054
u47u67u87 28th September 2015

Here a recording I did in August from Sander Baan Quartet using a Merging Horus (8...

Gaston69
replies: 8 views: 1,533
Melgueil 28th September 2015

Recorded a music festival on the weekend. I've done it for the last 5 years. For perspective the finished content ends up...

heycadet
replies: 0 views: 619
heycadet 28th September 2015

Some years ago I've done a recording where I used for the first time spot microphones. Didn't care for 3:1 rule neither for...

Polifonia
replies: 39 views: 3,779
maladie 26th September 2015

Hello fellow Gearslutz. I would value your input on choosing 3 new omnis for use with a Nagra VI and Metric Halo ULN-8 as...

bwanajim
replies: 31 views: 2,809
DaveyJones 26th September 2015

Not directly applicable to recording itself, but I thought it was a really handy suggestion, so I thought I would pass it along...

connloyalist
replies: 4 views: 801
connloyalist 26th September 2015

tLk2BcsS9gQ Fans of the series are 'bound to raise some eyebrows, because this entire report is only 3 1/2 minutes long and...

joelpatterson
replies: 2 views: 688
joelpatterson 26th September 2015

Hi All, I record occasionally for students and their parents to submit audition/competition materials, and they often want to...

Masaaki
replies: 14 views: 5,518
just.sounds 25th September 2015

As some of you might know, I am in a community band. This evening we were the band to accompany a theater production being done...

connloyalist
replies: 6 views: 1,168
studer58 25th September 2015

I just purchased a new Sennheiser MKH30 figure-of-eight. Which side of the mic is positive pressure equals positive voltage? ...

tourtelot
replies: 6 views: 936
bwanajim 25th September 2015

Or does one's thumb have any special insight, in a broad way, given that all rooms are hopefully alive in some way and their...

joelpatterson
replies: 3 views: 938
RPC 23rd September 2015

Untreated room with moving blankets hung behind me and in perpendicular to the Side mic. The setup for the files are: 1....

shanetsh
replies: 12 views: 1,096
bgood 23rd September 2015

I've read through as many threads as possible on this stuff, and I see so many different opinions, and I'm still confused on the...

nst7
replies: 6 views: 3,140
PatrickFaith 22nd September 2015

The current issue of TapeOp features an interview with Michael Bishop, in which he discusses (among other things) mic placement,...

matyas
replies: 2 views: 1,111
Thomas W. Bethe 22nd September 2015

Hi there, I'm after a bit of advice. How would you approach recording a concert with several (13 to be exact) different...

Flukes
replies: 3 views: 761
rez 21st September 2015

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. Sorry if I tend to be a bit long winded :facepalm: It is my...

connloyalist
replies: 50 views: 5,855
aracu 21st September 2015

Hey Everyone!! Long story short.. I want to move my home studio into a Ram Promaster cargo...

iwannabeFREE
replies: 9 views: 2,841
Jaybird 20th September 2015

Untreated room with moving blankets hung behind me and in perpendicular to the Side mic. The setup for the files are: 1....

shanetsh
replies: 0 views: 672
shanetsh 19th September 2015

Any experience with these microphones? I read raving reviews, but cannot find a lot of music samples. Cannot seem to find them...

apotheosis
replies: 7 views: 2,338
jnorman 18th September 2015

I need to get a hard flight case for my gear I'm thinking about SKB 3i 3614-6 case. it's total dimension is 62.69 inch that is...

bjorn
replies: 8 views: 1,909
bjorn 18th September 2015

Hello! heppy I'm really new to recording much of anything with microphones, but have been trying to step up my game and learn...

spacelordmother
replies: 13 views: 1,364
jwh1192 17th September 2015

Any experience with this mic? It looks like the best budget bineural mic set but the website is written in googlese. Is the...

randomguy
replies: 3 views: 1,161
bwanajim 15th September 2015

Moderators