The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm recording very loud sounds and my inputs hit red (both XLR in 1-2 and inputs from the direct outs of the 442 3-4 ) even with...

Dumb-Ask
replies: 24 views: 3,108
Rolo 46 1st February 2015

Lately I've been tracking/mixing more and more live recordings. Was just wondering if anyone has any tips during this process....

auralart
replies: 15 views: 3,247
edva 30th January 2015

I know you typically shouldn't use a shotgun indoors unless you have the right non reflective location. Now on a budget, a...

Sludge_Roach
replies: 93 views: 20,443
pkautzsch 30th January 2015
replies: 3 views: 665
emonteirobr 29th January 2015

I record live, acoustic-only bands. I have had a lot of problems with the singer's guitar getting into the vocal mic; a problem...

Mr Special
replies: 16 views: 1,857
Brent Hahn 28th January 2015
replies: 0 views: 369
nkf 28th January 2015

Howdy folks, I'm investigating some alternate approaches to recording our next animated series. We did the last one in a...

vocalnick
replies: 24 views: 1,405
philper 27th January 2015

Hi, I would like to get some help selecting a portable digital recorder. I play several musical instruments and sing, and I...

cunparis
replies: 20 views: 2,354
Tommy-boy 27th January 2015

Just thinking out loud here. What would happen if you were to put four cardioid mics back to back in either a DIN or NOS...

connloyalist
replies: 9 views: 805
king2070lplaya 26th January 2015

Get your feet wet with Pro Tools for free: The music industry's best-known production app will soon be free

boojum
replies: 10 views: 983
apple-q 26th January 2015

What have you done to the display layout for the forum? Just single lines, no last poster, no views? Has there been a website...

panatrope
replies: 2 views: 498
panatrope 26th January 2015

I have been doing some tests running my RME UCX through spdif into my DR-680. With some help from GS I have figured out how to...

connloyalist
replies: 6 views: 859
connloyalist 25th January 2015

Hi, Recently I used Schoeps CMC 62 Colette set for recording a Baroque lute. My choice was based on an idea that the mentioned...

Jaroslaw
replies: 82 views: 9,706
Adorno 25th January 2015

Hello folks, I posted this in the Low End Theory board and a couple people advised me to post my question here to get the...

saxplaya
replies: 28 views: 3,583
Vesta 24th January 2015
replies: 19 views: 1,130
bwanajim 24th January 2015

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 33,457
Remoteness 23rd January 2015

Anybody knows the diferent between the mic preamplifiers of this two rme. I can't find any information about that. Evisto

evisto
replies: 8 views: 7,005
Mats H 22nd January 2015

Perhaps this is an exercise in futility, but I have been thinking about the following mic'ing puzzle. Imagine a space 12x15...

connloyalist
replies: 2 views: 353
connloyalist 22nd January 2015

I am actually looking for your experiences here. I frequently need to record live "classical" ensembles where one or...

rumleymusic
replies: 27 views: 2,391
Given To Fly 22nd January 2015

I just recorded a mid winter flute recital in a decent space with ORTF KM184s>focusrite 18i6>thinkpad t410 i7>reaper,...

jnorman
replies: 10 views: 967
jnorman 21st January 2015
replies: 1 views: 458
hbphotoav 21st January 2015

A while back, I asked a few questions about mic placement for recording choir. Trying to make the most portable rig I could, I...

JohnRichard
replies: 20 views: 5,026
monitor 20th January 2015

Last week the conductor of the community band I play in asked me to record a piece of music at our next rehearsal (which was...

connloyalist
replies: 11 views: 1,184
connloyalist 20th January 2015

PlushMusic

Some nice stuff here. Plushmusic - Watching "Chopin: Etudes Op.10 No.3" Plushie, any relation? heh

David Spearritt
replies: 35 views: 6,279
mljung 19th January 2015

I'm having little luck latching hold of even one MKH30, let alone a pair. I want them for a Blumlein main pair for orchestra,...

Bruce Watson
replies: 85 views: 5,353
monitor 19th January 2015

Hi, as music nut and complete outsider, I was wondering about this: There seems to be a growing trend that recordings of live...

tkr
replies: 6 views: 2,344
Ozpeter 18th January 2015

Hi all, I have recently been recording concerts with a piano trio, using an OM1 on violin and cello and two more omnis to spot...

apotheosis
replies: 12 views: 1,166
2manyrocks 17th January 2015

Hey everyone, I am from N.AL, USA. I'm a solo musician, and I've slowly been developing a duo with my wife, but I've been trying...

SuspectK
replies: 1 views: 745
Remoteness 17th January 2015

As many of you already know, I have spent an insane amount of time creating and building on the Popular Tag search list for this...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 1,720
Remoteness 17th January 2015

dear Slutz did any of you had the chance to play with these rectangular mikes? i am particulary interested in knowimg how the...

monitor
replies: 4 views: 774
Fridberg 17th January 2015

UPDATE - Turns out we were misinformed, it's still in production after all. Maybe it's a conspiracy... Old post: For the past...

[email protected]
replies: 9 views: 1,139
[email protected] 17th January 2015

Hey Guys! I am an Opera Singer and I want to start recording myself. Because of that I got Zoom H5 but seriously no idea about...

tenori
replies: 4 views: 2,452
KEL 16th January 2015

I just ran across info on the Allen & Heath ICE-16D, and of course the first place I looked for background info was here on...

connloyalist
replies: 0 views: 1,265
connloyalist 15th January 2015

Most of you will be familiar with Eberhard Sengpiel's SRA visualization page: Visualization AB stereo microphone system Tony...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 630
studer58 15th January 2015

On short notice, looking for a skilled/experienced pro in the Boston area who would be available to record a community choir on...

analogjeff
replies: 1 views: 430
bruceegre 14th January 2015

Hello, I'm looking for 2 track recorder to record live music. I don't need it to have mic preamps, niether onboard mics. I...

bezdelnik
replies: 11 views: 2,384
GLouie 14th January 2015

I need to make a recording with my zoom h6 but am afraid to get handling noise from it when holding it in my hand. Any diy tips...

Krusty4president
replies: 2 views: 760
bwanajim 13th January 2015

I have a zoom h5, a sm57, and sennheiser mk4. I have been capturing lots of mid-highs but im finding im lacking in the lower mids...

Dhji
replies: 9 views: 942
Peller 12th January 2015

listening to side 1 of LP1 of this great album....wondering what is going on with that 12 string acoustic mic/mix ( ie: on sugar...

becks bolero
replies: 6 views: 1,732
edva 11th January 2015

I was (s)trolling around the internets today and happened upon an incredible article from 1976, about the redesign of Avery...

king2070lplaya
replies: 7 views: 981
jimjazzdad 10th January 2015

I'm deciding whether to get a pair of MKH 8040s ORTF or a 8040 + 30 M/S setup for my sound effects work. I do primarily films and...

kaotic
replies: 0 views: 464
kaotic 10th January 2015

Hello folks, I apologize for invading with a non remote thread, but I'm a big fan of this section of Gearslutz, and there are a...

satellitedog
replies: 7 views: 883
satellitedog 7th January 2015

what do the fellow Slutz think about a recording I made a couple of years ago? Johann Sebastian Bach - it was made with a...

monitor
replies: 1 views: 540
boojum 6th January 2015

In about a week we are going to do a concert recording of a piano recital. We are doing both the audio and the video. The artist...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 102 views: 8,620
monitor 6th January 2015

Dear all, I am considering upgrading my mic locker with two decent multipattern mics, because I have no good fig8 at the...

apotheosis
replies: 39 views: 3,704
tourtelot 4th January 2015

Stumbled across one of these videos on a mandolin message board. They put a band in the gondola that goes from the town of...

mandodon
replies: 1 views: 440
jwh1192 4th January 2015
replies: 1 views: 1,184
Phoenix9 4th January 2015

Click on the link below to see an 18 minute factory tour led by Peter Freedman, CEO of RODE microphones. He briefly touches on...

studer58
replies: 60 views: 9,124
KarmaShaman 4th January 2015

Happy 2015 you big bunch of cranks! I'm looking forward to another year of good info (and bad), good advice (and snark) and...

philper
replies: 4 views: 452
panatrope 2nd January 2015

Hello all, Context: band plays indie/rock and we have pretty good drums, guitars, basses and amps; the room is small but well...

Andrea
replies: 5 views: 783
recordinghopkins 2nd January 2015

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search