The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Views: 1,001
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

After I got my Neumann KM-183 which I love btw. my mic budget is empty at the moment so I need to start to save for next buy...

Falcon1
replies: 6 views: 747
hbphotoav 18th May 2020

Just been hired to record a singer songwriter in his home. New record, 12 tracks. Basically we'll be doing the sessions in the...

nobtwiddler
replies: 102 views: 8,554
nobtwiddler 16th May 2020

I am to record the new solo CD of a world-class pianist who sent me a live recording in a small church of one of the pieces to be...

apotheosis
replies: 47 views: 3,984
wildplum 15th May 2020

Hi! Anyone had a chance to compare the new schoeps cmc1 preamp with a cmc6 preamp on classical recordings? Do the new cmc1 sound...

Eirik
replies: 7 views: 1,579
fifthcircle 15th May 2020

This was done at the National Cathedral in Washington DC on May 10th 1970....

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 5 views: 789
Thomas W. Bethe 14th May 2020

Hey all, I've been doing a lot of live streaming for events, and am planning out a weekly singer songwriter night. I have a...

FoodProduct
replies: 0 views: 110
FoodProduct 14th May 2020

Dear all, New here, hope this goes in the right place. After reading extensive threads, and online videos I came to the...

URZE
replies: 9 views: 780
MandoBastardo 14th May 2020

harpist I have worked with for several years made a little video from one of the pieces I recorded for RoseWynde. This is Great...

jnorman
replies: 2 views: 334
jnorman 13th May 2020

Hi! I was supposed to do this in Grieg´s villa, but due to the museum opening again for visitors, everything is locked down now...

knuttta
replies: 7 views: 465
deedeeyeah 13th May 2020

Hi everyone, I'm going to be recording a lot of tracks of santoor and tabla in a live recording setting. The room is treated...

jahluwalia
replies: 9 views: 628
jahluwalia 11th May 2020

Hi Steve. Thanks for sharing your memories about the "Age of quarrel" production. Indeed it's a classic and I'm sure...

joaquin
replies: 19 views: 10,540
Remoteness 11th May 2020

I am helping an operatic soprano record demo songs for auditions. Auditions will be recorded in various places (auditoriums &...

tessitura
replies: 16 views: 2,414
tessitura 11th May 2020

Rolling Stones Get Yer Ya-ya's Out? Sound company? Showco? Brit Row? Also just noticed the grammatical mistake in the...

tourtelot
replies: 8 views: 618
deedeeyeah 10th May 2020

I feel like I’m going crazy overthinking this. I’ve spent quite a bit of time comparing microphones in small environments...

MayorAdamWest
replies: 35 views: 1,566
David Rick 9th May 2020

..for y'all that own one: I just ordered a MixPre 3 and it looks like it needs a USB cable that is USB-A on both ends... is that...

szegedin
replies: 32 views: 3,849
bradh 9th May 2020

Hi All Remoters, I hope your staying safe out there. These days, not much to do besides mix music, edit video and practice new...

Ten10MXR
replies: 8 views: 507
Ten10MXR 7th May 2020

I will be recording a female classica/jazz singer and a pianist (midsize Yamaha grand) in a fairly square living room about 5m...

Petrus
replies: 14 views: 1,268
Crazy4Jazz 6th May 2020

I remember when CD's were first a big deal and Billy Joel's Turnstiles was released and some very knowing folks played it at a...

boojum
replies: 57 views: 2,142
DAH 5th May 2020

The project to which I referred came to be last week, as part of a larger "Hymns Sing and soloists" COVID event. Along...

hbphotoav
replies: 6 views: 545
hbphotoav 5th May 2020

Hi all. I was wondering if i could take 10-15 minutes of your time to help with my final year university project? kfhkh The...

Ry_Heath
replies: 0 views: 286
Ry_Heath 4th May 2020

Always loved that phrase, "the mind's eye." It boils down what, really, all creative efforts are after: creating an...

joelpatterson
replies: 1 views: 330
boojum 4th May 2020

I have a really talented musician friend who isn't able to come to my (or any) studio to record vocals because of Covid-19...

KingOmni
replies: 4 views: 450
bradh 3rd May 2020

I was just thinking about all the reflections, bass response, transmission, low frequency problems. Just wondering if just...

redstudio
replies: 34 views: 8,913
Jim Williams 3rd May 2020

Can anyone tell me if the USB-DAW output from the Soundcraft Ui24r can be recognized by my Protools 7 system running on Mac osx...

ONZ
replies: 2 views: 410
jheath 3rd May 2020

Transparent sound and preamps are nice , but sometimes a kind of "thick" sweetness can be welcome too (like for some...

ISedlacek
replies: 66 views: 6,282
markblockjzz 3rd May 2020

Hello, I'm also open to your suggestions for other products but... My friend is a vocalist but not very technical minded and Im...

yooo
replies: 4 views: 848
yooo 3rd May 2020

Dummy head recording ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZnWMJmoD_Y

didier.brest
replies: 3 views: 327
didier.brest 2nd May 2020

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum. I am looking for a few answers with regards to how to record gongs. I know it's among the...

dxwolf
replies: 22 views: 1,420
Honkermann 2nd May 2020

Here's a review of the new Extinct audio passive ribbon mics (complete with ears !), made in the UK and inspired by the revered...

studer58
replies: 60 views: 7,133
Karloff70 2nd May 2020

I’m diving into the world of MS recording. But I’m slowly piecing together my kit. I plan on first buying the MKH-30 and...

Ohnobro
replies: 11 views: 546
studer58 2nd May 2020

I'm preparing to do remote recording of oral history interviews -- my old recorder died, so I'm about to buy a new one + mic and...

snowy511
replies: 13 views: 1,026
IronFilm 1st May 2020

Hey all, I’ve been content with my puny NTG-2 for awhile now. But I want to step it up and get a professional grade shotgun....

Ohnobro
replies: 30 views: 1,871
IronFilm 1st May 2020

American Idol has pulled off a remarkable feat I’m wondering if the band, in isolation, is actually hearing the singer....

emenelton
replies: 11 views: 633
Remoteness 30th April 2020

Hello everyone, Over the past year or so, I have been working regularly with some New England-area musicians who specialize in...

lukedamrosch
replies: 24 views: 2,178
Issadore 29th April 2020

Hi! Thanks to deedeeyeah for replys to questions about recording technique. Here is a sample from the recording. I think it...

knuttta
replies: 6 views: 484
Lurcher_lover 29th April 2020

I was just on the Sound Devices website, seeing if there was anything new or noteworthy, and I found that they have turned their...

jheath
replies: 1 views: 420
studer58 28th April 2020

Maybe a silly question here - With the number of stage box digital mixers since around 2015 (xr18, mr18, ui24r, etc...), has...

springer
replies: 1 views: 259
brhoward 28th April 2020

So to my memory I don't believe I've ever used a KM184. I've used KM84's a lot but only on drums and vibraphone. I own 2 pair...

NathanBarley
replies: 44 views: 2,578
emenelton 27th April 2020

I am putting together a binauralish setup together for someones home setup. I am recommending a Schneider disc as opposed to a...

bushwick
replies: 12 views: 862
studer58 27th April 2020

Greetings... I may have the opportunity (COVID restrictions notwithstanding) to record a Schantz organ in a fairly large...

hbphotoav
replies: 5 views: 454
hbphotoav 27th April 2020

When I was apprenticing at Deep South back in the early 70s, we had maybe 20 pairs of Sennheiser hd414 headphones, and I remember...

jnorman
replies: 27 views: 3,029
Djembe 26th April 2020
replies: 7 views: 581
boojum 26th April 2020

I got to set up a recording / streaming rig for a church. There are only 2-3 priests and a choir (15-20 persons). Of course no...

Arseny
replies: 50 views: 2,118
studer58 25th April 2020

The chorale director I used to record for is trying to rehearse three voices with her playing the piano and the voices on Zoom. ...

boojum
replies: 4 views: 592
boojum 24th April 2020

Hi there, hope all of you are safe and healthy! I got the opportunity of recording a nice hpschd duo lately. What do you think?...

apotheosis
replies: 10 views: 874
apotheosis 23rd April 2020

Hello everyone, When i do field recording i usually use INA-5 array. I really like how it sounds and the spazialization between...

Fabri.Alviti
replies: 1 views: 379
deedeeyeah 22nd April 2020

First of all, i had the following set up; mac OS Sierra on a Mac Pro 3,1 i was routing audio through an aggregate device,...

Hans Island
replies: 0 views: 392
Hans Island 21st April 2020

Hey folks, I'm currently working on a "semi-binaural" setup for some field recordings and would like to share my...

Pepi Roesler
replies: 28 views: 2,827
sax512 21st April 2020

Hi! I am recording (also filming) Schuberts forellen quintet this week and would be very glad for some advice on how to do it....

knuttta
replies: 4 views: 508
deedeeyeah 21st April 2020

The Josh Groban - Bridges Live: Madison Square Garden project we worked on was shown in movie theaters across the globe, appeared...

Remoteness
replies: 28 views: 1,076
Remoteness 20th April 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search