The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! Anyone had a chance to compare the new schoeps cmc1 preamp with a cmc6 preamp on classical recordings? Do the new cmc1 sound...

Eirik
replies: 7 views: 1,467
fifthcircle 2 weeks ago

This was done at the National Cathedral in Washington DC on May 10th 1970....

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 5 views: 760
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Hey all, I've been doing a lot of live streaming for events, and am planning out a weekly singer songwriter night. I have a...

FoodProduct
replies: 0 views: 100
FoodProduct 3 weeks ago

Dear all, New here, hope this goes in the right place. After reading extensive threads, and online videos I came to the...

URZE
replies: 9 views: 724
MandoBastardo 3 weeks ago

harpist I have worked with for several years made a little video from one of the pieces I recorded for RoseWynde. This is Great...

jnorman
replies: 2 views: 316
jnorman 3 weeks ago

Hi! I was supposed to do this in Grieg´s villa, but due to the museum opening again for visitors, everything is locked down now...

knuttta
replies: 7 views: 423
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I'm going to be recording a lot of tracks of santoor and tabla in a live recording setting. The room is treated...

jahluwalia
replies: 9 views: 607
jahluwalia 3 weeks ago

Hi Steve. Thanks for sharing your memories about the "Age of quarrel" production. Indeed it's a classic and I'm sure...

joaquin
replies: 19 views: 10,458
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

I am helping an operatic soprano record demo songs for auditions. Auditions will be recorded in various places (auditoriums &...

tessitura
replies: 16 views: 2,305
tessitura 3 weeks ago

Rolling Stones Get Yer Ya-ya's Out? Sound company? Showco? Brit Row? Also just noticed the grammatical mistake in the...

tourtelot
replies: 8 views: 589
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

I feel like I’m going crazy overthinking this. I’ve spent quite a bit of time comparing microphones in small environments...

MayorAdamWest
replies: 35 views: 1,501
David Rick 3 weeks ago

..for y'all that own one: I just ordered a MixPre 3 and it looks like it needs a USB cable that is USB-A on both ends... is that...

szegedin
replies: 32 views: 3,727
bradh 3 weeks ago

Hi All Remoters, I hope your staying safe out there. These days, not much to do besides mix music, edit video and practice new...

Ten10MXR
replies: 8 views: 488
Ten10MXR 4 weeks ago

I will be recording a female classica/jazz singer and a pianist (midsize Yamaha grand) in a fairly square living room about 5m...

Petrus
replies: 14 views: 1,237
Crazy4Jazz 4 weeks ago

I remember when CD's were first a big deal and Billy Joel's Turnstiles was released and some very knowing folks played it at a...

boojum
replies: 57 views: 2,037
DAH 4 weeks ago

Hello community! Only need 2 channel converter for stereo classical recording (solo or small group/sonata or chamber). I have...

Bat Ears
replies: 55 views: 9,952
tourtelot 4 weeks ago

The project to which I referred came to be last week, as part of a larger "Hymns Sing and soloists" COVID event. Along...

hbphotoav
replies: 6 views: 477
hbphotoav 4 weeks ago

Hi all. I was wondering if i could take 10-15 minutes of your time to help with my final year university project? kfhkh The...

Ry_Heath
replies: 0 views: 277
Ry_Heath 4 weeks ago

Always loved that phrase, "the mind's eye." It boils down what, really, all creative efforts are after: creating an...

joelpatterson
replies: 1 views: 320
boojum 4 weeks ago

I have a really talented musician friend who isn't able to come to my (or any) studio to record vocals because of Covid-19...

KingOmni
replies: 4 views: 399
bradh 4 weeks ago

I was just thinking about all the reflections, bass response, transmission, low frequency problems. Just wondering if just...

redstudio
replies: 34 views: 8,771
Jim Williams 4 weeks ago

Anyone compared transformer SQN say IV-S i thru iii vs V and later? I really liked the smooth sound of SQN especially on voice,...

whippoorwill
replies: 24 views: 3,420
J0hanne5 4 weeks ago

Can anyone tell me if the USB-DAW output from the Soundcraft Ui24r can be recognized by my Protools 7 system running on Mac osx...

ONZ
replies: 2 views: 331
jheath 4 weeks ago

Transparent sound and preamps are nice , but sometimes a kind of "thick" sweetness can be welcome too (like for some...

ISedlacek
replies: 66 views: 5,990
markblockjzz 4 weeks ago

Hello, I'm also open to your suggestions for other products but... My friend is a vocalist but not very technical minded and Im...

yooo
replies: 4 views: 831
yooo 4 weeks ago

Dummy head recording ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZnWMJmoD_Y

didier.brest
replies: 3 views: 317
didier.brest 4 weeks ago

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum. I am looking for a few answers with regards to how to record gongs. I know it's among the...

dxwolf
replies: 22 views: 1,306
Honkermann 4 weeks ago

Here's a review of the new Extinct audio passive ribbon mics (complete with ears !), made in the UK and inspired by the revered...

studer58
replies: 60 views: 6,913
Karloff70 4 weeks ago

I’m diving into the world of MS recording. But I’m slowly piecing together my kit. I plan on first buying the MKH-30 and...

Ohnobro
replies: 11 views: 518
studer58 4 weeks ago

Any reason not to do this? I have one figure 8 ribbon pointed at the guitar and a pair of cardioids (stereo mic) in xy slightly...

choros
replies: 27 views: 1,451
bradh 4 weeks ago

I'm preparing to do remote recording of oral history interviews -- my old recorder died, so I'm about to buy a new one + mic and...

snowy511
replies: 13 views: 929
IronFilm 4 weeks ago

Hey all, I’ve been content with my puny NTG-2 for awhile now. But I want to step it up and get a professional grade shotgun....

Ohnobro
replies: 30 views: 1,814
IronFilm 4 weeks ago

American Idol has pulled off a remarkable feat I’m wondering if the band, in isolation, is actually hearing the singer....

emenelton
replies: 11 views: 616
Remoteness 30th April 2020

Hello everyone, Over the past year or so, I have been working regularly with some New England-area musicians who specialize in...

lukedamrosch
replies: 24 views: 2,094
Issadore 29th April 2020

Hi! For Norways national day, I will be doing a recording of some Grieg songs with piano and baryton in Grieg´s villa. I have...

knuttta
replies: 4 views: 429
Issadore 29th April 2020

Hi! Thanks to deedeeyeah for replys to questions about recording technique. Here is a sample from the recording. I think it...

knuttta
replies: 6 views: 461
Lurcher_lover 29th April 2020

I was just on the Sound Devices website, seeing if there was anything new or noteworthy, and I found that they have turned their...

jheath
replies: 1 views: 405
studer58 28th April 2020

Maybe a silly question here - With the number of stage box digital mixers since around 2015 (xr18, mr18, ui24r, etc...), has...

springer
replies: 1 views: 248
brhoward 28th April 2020

So to my memory I don't believe I've ever used a KM184. I've used KM84's a lot but only on drums and vibraphone. I own 2 pair...

NathanBarley
replies: 44 views: 2,477
emenelton 27th April 2020

I am putting together a binauralish setup together for someones home setup. I am recommending a Schneider disc as opposed to a...

bushwick
replies: 12 views: 780
studer58 27th April 2020

Greetings... I may have the opportunity (COVID restrictions notwithstanding) to record a Schantz organ in a fairly large...

hbphotoav
replies: 5 views: 441
hbphotoav 27th April 2020

When I was apprenticing at Deep South back in the early 70s, we had maybe 20 pairs of Sennheiser hd414 headphones, and I remember...

jnorman
replies: 27 views: 2,913
Djembe 26th April 2020
replies: 7 views: 570
boojum 26th April 2020

I got to set up a recording / streaming rig for a church. There are only 2-3 priests and a choir (15-20 persons). Of course no...

Arseny
replies: 50 views: 2,052
studer58 25th April 2020

The chorale director I used to record for is trying to rehearse three voices with her playing the piano and the voices on Zoom. ...

boojum
replies: 4 views: 561
boojum 24th April 2020

Hi there, hope all of you are safe and healthy! I got the opportunity of recording a nice hpschd duo lately. What do you think?...

apotheosis
replies: 10 views: 842
apotheosis 23rd April 2020

Hello, all! Watched a video on "The Youtube" last night that rekindled my interest in these units. Is the Sony...

K.Lastima
replies: 6 views: 918
Jgut 23rd April 2020

Hello everyone, When i do field recording i usually use INA-5 array. I really like how it sounds and the spazialization between...

Fabri.Alviti
replies: 1 views: 367
deedeeyeah 22nd April 2020

First of all, i had the following set up; mac OS Sierra on a Mac Pro 3,1 i was routing audio through an aggregate device,...

Hans Island
replies: 0 views: 362
Hans Island 21st April 2020

Hey folks, I'm currently working on a "semi-binaural" setup for some field recordings and would like to share my...

Pepi Roesler
replies: 28 views: 2,781
sax512 21st April 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search