The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Some excellent audio on the Grand Ol' Opry live stream tonight. Marty Stewart, Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, all on mic'd acoustic...

hbphotoav
replies: 0 views: 395
hbphotoav 2 weeks ago

Hi fellow colleagues, As some of you might know I use a Merging Horus (Ravenna/AES67) and Magix Samplitude for my remote...

Gaston69
replies: 8 views: 969
roonsbane 2 weeks ago

I now have a ticket to the Berlin Philharmonic and am REALLY enjoying it! Well, a virtual ticket for Digital Concert Hall. There...

sonare
replies: 40 views: 3,935
Lurcher_lover 2 weeks ago

As an early adopter of the Sound Devices 970 recorder, I thought I'd post a few points that may not be immediately obvious from...

njrsound
replies: 14 views: 4,252
lukedamrosch 2 weeks ago

Hello. About 5 years ago I remember digitalmusician.net - it was a plugin that you could send the output from your DAW and...

dcanutam
replies: 1 views: 416
doom64 2 weeks ago

Hello, all! Watched a video on "The Youtube" last night that rekindled my interest in these units. Is the Sony...

K.Lastima
replies: 5 views: 547
springer 2 weeks ago

When/if you produce CDs for clients (assuming that that still happens, occasionally), do you separate tracks by digital silence,...

dgpretzel
replies: 14 views: 832
shosty 2 weeks ago

Hi all Safest recording situation these days: solo baroque violin in a large, empty church. Quick setup for a demo recording:...

apotheosis
replies: 24 views: 824
dtf 2 weeks ago

Hi all. I have had a Tascam DR-680 for about 5 years and really love it. I often video community theater and orchestra...

martspzm
replies: 4 views: 397
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

I'm fairly new to acoustics.... but theoretically speaking, wouldn't a wide open, flat field (nothing but grass for miles) on...

caseyallensmith
replies: 7 views: 556
Moose22 2 weeks ago

I have got some proposal (from very serious) company. They have their headquarter in the same country as me. But they want the...

bace
replies: 4 views: 575
2manyrocks 2 weeks ago

I record high school concert bands using an ORTF setup, and have done so successfully for many years. Recently I came across a...

TheMoops
replies: 10 views: 748
lukedamrosch 2 weeks ago

I record high school concert bands using an ORTF setup, and have done so successfully for many years. Recently I came across a...

TheMoops
replies: 4 views: 562
John Willett 3 weeks ago

Hi, my friend is wanting to record outdoors for an event. Just acoustic guitar and vocal. I have no experience with recording...

Stevedresser83
replies: 4 views: 478
norfolksoundman9 3 weeks ago

This isn't really about remote recording, but it's about string players so I figured the folks here would know the most about it....

Brent Hahn
replies: 22 views: 1,356
Petimar 3 weeks ago

Here's a clip from a concert last week before all the gigs dried up. NTRs AB 20cm about 1m up and 2m back. Old Foof

Old Foof
replies: 3 views: 547
Honkermann 3 weeks ago

I'd like to try MS recording. I have some 8040s. I also have some ribbon figure 8s, but no SDC figure 8. What is the current...

dgpretzel
replies: 7 views: 568
tourtelot 3 weeks ago

We discuss mics all the time, but don’t often go into the details of the rest of our signal chain to record and post process...

jnorman
replies: 20 views: 2,020
tourtelot 3 weeks ago

Hi, I'm new at this forum, and new at recording music. I want to start recording chamber ensemble (around 7 to 10 people) or...

Jszt1
replies: 35 views: 2,216
James Lehmann 3 weeks ago

A friend of mine sent me this video asking for my thoughts on how they recorded the...

[email protected]
replies: 25 views: 2,264
9sbean 3 weeks ago

For those living in Arkansas this new venue might present additional recording opportunity for you. Nice that there's...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 908
Jim Williams 3 weeks ago

Is the cardioid DPA 4021 good for recording upright bass in small jazz ensembles? I imagine the boominess can be rolled off, and...

rwhitney
replies: 13 views: 4,590
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

There are ribbon Blumlein and large condenser Blumlein. But I didn't see any single piece 1/2" condenser Blumlein stereo....

9sbean
replies: 138 views: 11,128
9sbean 4 weeks ago

I have been entrusted by a retiring friend to market some of the gear from his dismantled post production room. Looking for a...

tourtelot
replies: 5 views: 648
studer58 4 weeks ago

...curtail that curtal ! Or not, if you're a fan of early reed instruments. I think you'd want to be far enough away from...

studer58
replies: 2 views: 542
DrReid 4 weeks ago

Dear folks, please post details on your spaced omnis setup, like the mics you use, the distance between them when doing small...

Lucas_G
replies: 35 views: 4,402
deedeeyeah 4 weeks ago

Rather than crash in to voltronic's 406x thread I thought I'd start a new one pertaining to constructing a slightly beefier stand...

studer58
replies: 31 views: 4,371
Eirik 4 weeks ago

I am very new to this forum. Have read quite a bit though and now after weeks of debating if i should or schouldn't, i decided to...

fiedler
replies: 8 views: 736
fiedler 4 weeks ago

Hi All, I’m slowly trying to get a new biz going of doing reading for audio books. I want to set up using my iPhone. These...

Moonbeam076
replies: 17 views: 1,150
panatrope 4 weeks ago

Anybody else having problems with the Sound Devices MixPre-10T? Got ours about ten days ago and it has not been a universal...

TonyF
replies: 119 views: 17,575
tourtelot 4 weeks ago

I have a need to add 3 more mic pres to my 633 for some all- battery small music recording gigs. I saw that Kortwich makes the...

philper
replies: 2 views: 594
philper 4 weeks ago

Im trying for secure MS mount for my 800s The raised trims on the mic body make my clips ,Senny and Rycote unsuitable and Im...

Rolo 46
replies: 9 views: 687
John Willett 3rd March 2020

I've had a pair of CM3s for a couple of years and I'm really pleased with them as a main stereo pair (into a Zoom H6 for...

paulfromcamden
replies: 26 views: 2,335
hbphotoav 2nd March 2020

I am finding that I play in a lot of situations where the acoustic piano is not loud enough to cut through the band, even though...

esiegel
replies: 16 views: 1,263
Issadore 1st March 2020

Any hints where best to put room mics in a small nightclub for a raucous event? Woody environment and not symmetrical.

Osumosan
replies: 4 views: 568
Jim Williams 1st March 2020

Hi Folks, Here is my largest production last year. Certainly not perfect, but I think it is still good enough for...

9sbean
replies: 0 views: 494
9sbean 1st March 2020

Hello community! Only need 2 channel converter for stereo classical recording (solo or small group/sonata or chamber). I have...

Bat Ears
replies: 53 views: 9,165
Chuck_S 28th February 2020

Hi, I've been doing some chamber ensemble recordings, mainly quartets/quintets, trios, etc., and usually strings. I've started...

Erichx
replies: 97 views: 19,062
deedeeyeah 27th February 2020
replies: 3 views: 1,222
deedeeyeah 26th February 2020

Is anyone here using this specific model? I've seen some clearly well-deserved praise and heard some nice samples from...

lukedamrosch
replies: 17 views: 1,595
Mattias_Milab 26th February 2020

I'm doing a remote session where the run is pretty short, but it passes by a doorway. I could bring a heavy snake, but the one I...

Osumosan
replies: 16 views: 997
Osumosan 25th February 2020

I am recording a Steinway grand in a fairly small living room, about 20x15 with 8 ft ceiling. There is carpeting, couches, etc......

[email protected]
replies: 33 views: 7,587
jimjazzdad 24th February 2020

Zoom have an updated version of the H4N, the H4N Pro. Specs here on the Zoom web...

Johnmack
replies: 3 views: 3,958
Krollman 24th February 2020

Hi, y'all, I've learned over time how increasing height has a really strong influence over the timbre of certain instruments....

SG_OC
replies: 11 views: 1,131
NorseHorse 23rd February 2020

Hi! I was wondering if anybody around here has any info on the microphones used for this set of...

gonzalo1004es
replies: 2 views: 621
gonzalo1004es 23rd February 2020

Hi everyone, I am looking for people's thoughts on the Shure VP88. I have not been able to find much on this microphone, which...

Thetal0n
replies: 6 views: 1,252
Thomas W. Bethe 23rd February 2020

So I did a Decca Tree Recording Jan 23rd 2019. Implemented techniques, criticism, advice and insults I was offered here and am...

emenelton
replies: 31 views: 2,043
emenelton 22nd February 2020

Hi all, I have read a few other things elsewhere online on this topic, but wanted to quickly get a sense of the collective...

lukedamrosch
replies: 12 views: 1,268
bremusound 22nd February 2020

I'm very curious to hear some other forum members’ insights about this. What are the techniques that people are using these...

BrianHanke
replies: 240 views: 47,811
Fridberg 21st February 2020

Recently in Paris used the 'Floorcatcher 2.0 array' to record a massive pipe organ. Seems to work nice to capture a performance...

heva
replies: 7 views: 1,027
heva 19th February 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search