The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This is a matter of personal preference...I am just wondering what the consensus is. Normally I record piano mono and pan it...

Corran
replies: 57 views: 16,397
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I do love my HD600, but I'd like to get a good pair of in-ears for Ipod listening and critical listening in noisy...

huub
replies: 27 views: 4,220
bwanajim 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, this is my first post on Gearslutz. I mainly record "classical" music, using a Nagra IV-S tape recorder...

Momboisse
replies: 22 views: 1,546
bwanajim 3 weeks ago

Getting a new location recording set up for the occasional bits I do for my sound design work. Have been recommended the Senn...

mahoobley
replies: 19 views: 1,242
Folkie 3 weeks ago

Hello, fellow slutz. Happy new year! We are building a scoring stage in São Paulo (12x7m or 40'x23'), Brazil. We have some...

Julian J. Ludwig
replies: 0 views: 370
Julian J. Ludwig 3 weeks ago

Allright, it's pretty much 2020. What are the tippy top Lavalier and Boom mics out there? By that I mean which are your...

cashewcupcake
replies: 8 views: 841
RayHeath 3 weeks ago

Hi Friends, Just looking for some feedback on the recent recording I did with a local amateur orchestra. The soloist is a 15...

chaaster
replies: 5 views: 740
chaaster 3 weeks ago

Hi! I was wondering what are you guys using for picking up crowds for a live recording. I use a lot of Shotgun microphone...

laperlestudio
replies: 8 views: 1,377
hbphotoav 3 weeks ago

Happy new year, everyone! On Jan 8, 2020 I will be recording a cello accompanied by piano. It will be a classical piece with...

stevems
replies: 13 views: 726
hbphotoav 3 weeks ago

I realize they are different animals but I have the MLA8 and I like it. So, I'm wondering if I should add another one or go for...

neve1064
replies: 30 views: 4,826
AP Productions 3 weeks ago

There might be more to the story of the mic and the (flawed) tube....and there's more than a tinge of sadness and fatefulness...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 523
studer58 3 weeks ago

An illustrated history of a famous AKG microphone: https://www.historyofrecording.com/AKG-C414.html

studer58
replies: 0 views: 422
studer58 3 weeks ago

Is anyone here using this specific model? I've seen some clearly well-deserved praise and heard some nice samples from...

lukedamrosch
replies: 15 views: 1,018
emrr 4 weeks ago

Operatic sopranos can distort in recordings and even in playback on some systems, yet there's very little written in English...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 65 views: 7,880
Lurcher_lover 4 weeks ago

Hi, just wanted to make a post to thank all the gearlutzers I got info from by lurking on this web site, and give back some info...

gomifromparis
replies: 0 views: 601
gomifromparis 4 weeks ago

I bought the Acon Deverberate plugin to assist in minimizing the “small room” sound I have to deal with on so many recordings...

jnorman
replies: 31 views: 1,739
Muser 4 weeks ago

This enquiry is not to do with which microphones to use for recording violin and piano, but about the positioning of the players,...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 157 views: 9,315
studer58 24th December 2019

Greetings every one Here's the situation i've got and I need some advice ; For my project I find out that I should record...

Iman kajcool
replies: 5 views: 676
Rolo 46 23rd December 2019

Hi I am looking for suggestions for mic's for tenor voices. Needs to be SDC for the visual aspect. I am currently using...

THE_NIK
replies: 16 views: 1,470
THE_NIK 23rd December 2019

Happy Holidays (For those who must know: A spectral display of Ave Maria in Izotope RX.)

Folkie
replies: 0 views: 457
Folkie 23rd December 2019

For the last few years, I've been capturing location choral gigs with an Apogee Ensemble + Element 88 rig for 16 channels. This...

dizziness
replies: 11 views: 1,031
king2070lplaya 22nd December 2019

Well by jimminy I was so proud that from my cramped little corner of the chapel, I managed to get photos of all the different...

joelpatterson
replies: 24 views: 1,614
Jim Williams 21st December 2019

Do you have some good experience with some recording techniques, mics placement etc. resulting in full, sweet, resonating sound...

ISedlacek
replies: 66 views: 3,895
robert82 21st December 2019

Hi all, I have a Sennheiser M&S rig, MKH30/40, I got these based on a friends recommendation, and they've been fine, they do...

wallyburger
replies: 73 views: 6,447
David Spearritt 21st December 2019

I’m a bit out of my depths here and I thought I’d ask for some advice. I’ve been asked to provide audio for a series of...

albinotuba
replies: 24 views: 1,582
huub 20th December 2019

Hello, I'm about to record live a vibraphone ( 3 octave ) in a trio context. Vibraphone on the left side , viole de gambe in...

Nomadrecording
replies: 14 views: 1,659
Nomadrecording 20th December 2019

Recently I received a new master piece - a new generation among my "spherical violins" that brings a completely new...

ISedlacek
replies: 106 views: 6,829
Plush 19th December 2019

Hi guys & gals! I have been tasked with an upcoming live Holiday concert for a local chorale in December and have a...

AVProducer
replies: 21 views: 1,302
tenorfran 18th December 2019

Hi all, I haven't seen much on here regarding the Warm Audio WA84, I got to demo them this past weekend and decided to post a...

lyrictenor1
replies: 4 views: 1,129
lyrictenor1 16th December 2019

So I recorded a woodwind quintet today. They were all quite good musicians who should be well aware of the intricacies of their...

jnorman
replies: 151 views: 6,979
Noisewagon 16th December 2019

Hi, an audience member made a Shure MV88 recording of a concert but was sitting quite far away, so the result is very boomy. Is...

bkazez
replies: 4 views: 897
deedeeyeah 14th December 2019
replies: 5 views: 869
deedeeyeah 14th December 2019

Why do cameras have such loud shutter noise? Shouldn't digital cameras be in silent mode when shooting in a classical music...

polytope
replies: 55 views: 5,470
2manyrocks 14th December 2019

Hi! Anybody has tried the Nevaton MC59 microphones? I was surprised by the ridiculously low self noise and the reasonable price.

gonzalo1004es
replies: 8 views: 1,021
AP Productions 14th December 2019

Hey, all I have a few recordings that defined my childhood and, later, my taste for classical recording. I want to learn about...

SG_OC
replies: 18 views: 902
king2070lplaya 14th December 2019

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm gonna dive right in. I've read a lot on bluegrass miking but I haven't found anything...

LoveBluegrass
replies: 18 views: 1,054
hughshouse 12th December 2019

Hi everyone, I have a TL;DR at the end with the core question, but for anyone who has time to read the backstory, I deeply...

kaszimir
replies: 21 views: 1,850
chris661 11th December 2019

*with inbuilt mics. I.e. handy recorders. There are a few threads about this but they are a few years old now. Purpose:...

Barncore
replies: 33 views: 8,069
Robocopchris 11th December 2019

I don’t recall a dissection of the techniques and gear used by the BBC to capture and broadcast Lessons and Carols. As most of...

dizziness
replies: 5 views: 676
DaveyJones 11th December 2019

This is of potentially greater utility to remotesters than the BlackBox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsLtc6KLVE

studer58
replies: 6 views: 1,679
jheath 9th December 2019

Basic question here: How many location AE's here know how to read a chart and follow along with the conductor? Do you find...

Jim Williams
replies: 47 views: 2,429
David Spearritt 9th December 2019

A rich and dramatic coloratura in a medium sizes hall with a good Steinway. Her voice is rich and harmonic. I wish perhaps I...

Rolo 46
replies: 19 views: 2,050
David Spearritt 8th December 2019

Hi, everyone. I have been reading Gearslutz assiduously for a long time, but this is my first post. I am a self-taught amateur...

WBS
replies: 8 views: 974
WBS 8th December 2019

As a semi-professional, a perennial struggle are mostly church or live recordings that are good, close to great, but certainly...

dizziness
replies: 6 views: 981
RayHeath 7th December 2019

Basic question here: How many location AE's here can read and follow an electronic schematic? Do you find it's helpful in...

Jim Williams
replies: 29 views: 1,236
Simmosonic 7th December 2019

Just got MixPre3 and notice a quality drop using battery power (4xAA) vs. usb power. Anyone know if this gets better using the...

hebjam
replies: 8 views: 1,103
RayHeath 6th December 2019

I want to share this interview I did recently with producer/engineer Tim Cole about the recording project he’s been working on...

Simmosonic
replies: 0 views: 362
Simmosonic 6th December 2019

Okay then, I have owned DPA 4011, 4006, 4091, 4061, Neumann km140, km184, Gefell M300, Sennheiser mkh40, mkh20, Schoeps cmc62,...

jnorman
replies: 48 views: 8,639
citrusonic 6th December 2019

Wondering if anyone has tried this mic: RODE Microphones - Stereo VideoMic X into the Sony PCM D100 or PCM M10 --level...

jayfield
replies: 3 views: 1,006
birdboy500 5th December 2019

I'm thinking of buying one of these recorders for board mixes. Have anyone here used this box and can give a review of it's...

Samc
replies: 37 views: 3,686
birdboy500 5th December 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search