The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 314 views: 238,395
JaMProductionsNM 15th August 2020

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 426 views: 244,347
Remoteness 31st May 2020

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 15,475
huub 17th May 2020

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 19,044
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 114,834
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 18,962
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Anybody knows the diferent between the mic preamplifiers of this two rme. I can't find any information about that. Evisto

evisto
replies: 11 views: 8,191
Mats H 2 hours ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 598 views: 19,365
David Rick 8 hours ago

Hey, I mainly do live recordings of bands that are somehow related to "Jazz". Channel count has not been above 24...

PeerSoe
replies: 63 views: 2,364
kludgeaudio 9 hours ago

COVID19. No choirs, no orchestras, not even many quartets. What works? One organ, one organist and one...

tourtelot
replies: 17 views: 993
metalsquirrel 11 hours ago

Hello, I am orchestra conductor and I'd like to record my concerts and rehearsals. Not excellent like studio recording but for...

skripka
replies: 12 views: 615
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Mkh 8030

So any news on this mic existing?...

JamesClark1991
replies: 366 views: 27,151
dgpretzel 1 day ago

Hello fellow GearSlutz, I am the inventor of the world's first collaborative live looping audio workstation called CloudLoop....

cloudloop
replies: 0 views: 70
cloudloop 1 day ago

There's been some interest here in the Rode NTR and I thought I'd share this brief comparison video between that mic (in Faulkner...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 2,722
hbphotoav 1 day ago

I had used MKH 800 on two occasions and I am very impressed with the sound captured on acoustic instruments with this mic. I...

nOiz
replies: 79 views: 30,057
chris661 1 day ago

I'm starting a thread about this seriously ambitious project I have been working on for quite some time now. Since we can't...

Remoteness
replies: 22 views: 1,293
Remoteness 2 days ago

Well, quite a number of you guys were interested in those mics recently. So here we go: 3 short new music heh samples from a...

brle
replies: 98 views: 22,729
chris661 3 days ago

I am thinking about recording a solo piano using a Faulkner 2-mic array. (Note: Faulkner 2-mic Array is Two figure-of-eight...

wildplum
replies: 5 views: 488
studer58 3 days ago

Mics in the Air... photos of microphone deployments, just for fun. Here's mine for today... looking back through some archive...

hbphotoav
replies: 15 views: 971
tailspn 3 days ago

Recently, I've been fascinated by albums that were recorded outside of conventional studio settings. What are some of your...

AnonDeScript
replies: 73 views: 4,415
axisdreamer 4 days ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 7 views: 883
Tommy-boy 4 days ago

So, you people using mics with rectangular capsules (Pearl & Milab et al), would you care to share your experiences with...

JonesH
replies: 113 views: 18,495
gonzalo1004es 5 days ago

Anybody here had to deal with recording groups that are unusually spread out for proper COVID-19 social distancing? I've done...

seanmccoy
replies: 7 views: 369
tourtelot 5 days ago

for one and a half days, i got to rehearse with an orchestra in a building which once was a church but got converted into a...

deedeeyeah
replies: 0 views: 267
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

The plan is to record some video presentations, and I have to choose the mics. Here is the situation: The video-maker is not a...

JEK3
replies: 43 views: 1,089
DistortingJack 1 week ago

Hi everyone! I'm a (young professional) classical cellist based in London, and I'm looking to get a basic recording setup to make...

Cello94
replies: 62 views: 2,333
Cello94 1 week ago

Hi everyone, Hoping I can get some opinions on purchasing a portable recorder. I have been looking for some time. My...

jjmmuir
replies: 49 views: 3,085
nobtwiddler 1 week ago

Hello, I've just purchase a Tascam DR-60MKII, I got a live-concert recording to do next week and I'm confused about the gain...

_barnee
replies: 20 views: 2,737
_barnee 1 week ago

Hi Everyone, I will be making some piano recordings this fall using a pair of MBHO 603/KA200 along with a MixPre6, probably in...

MattG1987
replies: 1 views: 322
Bruce Watson 1 week ago

For fans of the Millennia sound, this might be an interesting new release for you:...

studer58
replies: 9 views: 622
lukedamrosch 1 week ago

I recently recorded a couple of contemporary chamber pieces for a rather unorthodox (but very nice) duo of violin and vibraphone....

lukedamrosch
replies: 2 views: 402
lukedamrosch 1 week ago

As a player my main concern is my performance, so I can't see myself setting a laptop, interface, cables, stands etc.; that's why...

carpa
replies: 22 views: 807
carpa 1 week ago

Hello everyone, this morning I found this new page on thomann's website : https://www.thomann.de/fr/superlux_s502mkii.htm Has...

Momboisse
replies: 38 views: 4,260
ruby06 1 week ago

A rich and dramatic coloratura in a medium sizes hall with a good Steinway. Her voice is rich and harmonic. I wish perhaps I...

Rolo 46
replies: 20 views: 2,386
dfghdhr 1 week ago

Hey all, I'm a pianist looking for some advice from any of you who are well versed in grand piano recording - specifically for...

maximumteatime
replies: 13 views: 648
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I figured we should have a 'show & tell style' drum kit mic'ing thread where we can share our techniques and ideas with the...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 4,653
andychamp 1 week ago

Much intense woke discussion regarding lyrics of Edwardian favourites has marred the opening of the venerable Proms season. No...

Rolo 46
replies: 7 views: 712
Rolo 46 1 week ago

Looking for mics to record mainly Classical music and some jazz at my music college and at home. I have a Zoom H4n which is...

J.S.Erich
replies: 39 views: 1,431
J.S.Erich 1 week ago

Hi Gearslutz community! I wanted to reach out to your collective wisdom! Is it possible/recommended to record classical...

Snake220
replies: 16 views: 521
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I just moved to LA and I'm helping a friend record a jazz sextet this Wednesday at an art gallery. I'm curious how some of you...

over-man
replies: 50 views: 2,531
over-man 2 weeks ago

Hi, In the absence of live gigs, I've recently recorded 'as live' videos for web streaming at the studio, where we have a...

hywyn
replies: 7 views: 415
hywyn 2 weeks ago

Hey, all. I've been doing a fair amount of orchestral and choir recording the past couple years. I've been getting decent results...

seanmccoy
replies: 72 views: 4,068
king2070lplaya 2 weeks ago

Anybody had hands on the new TASCAM DR-701D yet? I just saw it on Amazon. 4-XLR, Stereo MiniTRS inputs; HDMI passthrough, all the...

hbphotoav
replies: 24 views: 1,606
2manyrocks 2 weeks ago

I am not sure if this has been discussed but I did a search and nothing came up. This has been released from Tascam and is...

pdastoor
replies: 59 views: 24,423
heva 2 weeks ago

I have high hopes for this.

TMetzinger
replies: 9 views: 2,099
emrr 2 weeks ago

If you had the feasibility to design, build and outfit your dream space for recording large classical music ensembles...

JCBigler
replies: 12 views: 739
NathanBarley 2 weeks ago

Hi folks - Just curious to hear your thoughts on the idea of encoding a virtual mid/side from a Blumlein pair +...

Freddo
replies: 7 views: 389
emrr 3 weeks ago

I am coming into these courtesy of a recently passed best friend. He used them on 100's of public pipe organ concerts and even...

Peter Allison
replies: 9 views: 667
Peter Allison 3 weeks ago

Transparent sound and preamps are nice , but sometimes a kind of "thick" sweetness can be welcome too (like for some...

ISedlacek
replies: 76 views: 7,769
studer58 3 weeks ago

Hey, all. I've recorded bass flute as part of an ensemble, and solo alto and contrabass flute, but will shortly be recording solo...

seanmccoy
replies: 6 views: 374
derco 3 weeks ago

My apologies if this speaker has already been raised here in discussion, but it strikes me as one which could have the neutrality...

studer58
replies: 17 views: 4,995
Orgeltonmeister 3 weeks ago

Is anyone out there doing remote broadcast of live performances for your local arts groups? I mean full concerts/shows in a real...

JCBigler
replies: 5 views: 588
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

We had a very interesting discussion of sonata micing technique a while back. Since then I have tried most of the ideas we...

jnorman
replies: 11 views: 628
studer58 3 weeks ago

I wonder if somebody has experience with buying a second hand QUAD ESL 57 or 63 to use instead of normal nearfield monitors e.g....

monitor
replies: 79 views: 3,157
Klimermonk 4 weeks ago

At long last, I’ve finally gotten to do a bit of recording. I had two ladies in the studio tracking some duets, and Saturday...

jnorman
replies: 27 views: 1,166
king2070lplaya 4 weeks ago

Hello everybody, happy to be here again. :-) 1) After many years I am about to upgrade my electronic devices including my old...

Mr.Metronome
replies: 5 views: 1,197
norfolksoundman9 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search