The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 308 views: 193,319
Remoteness 4 weeks ago

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 5,983
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 424 views: 199,856
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 9,752
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 91,831
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 9,636
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Hi, I need some advice, I need to hang microphones from the catwalk in a very nice concert hall in the Netherlands and I am in...

Gaston69
replies: 8 views: 321
Earcatcher 4 hours ago

I'm intrigued. See 0:14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpXhlo0jK0

robert82
replies: 39 views: 1,067
David Spearritt 4 hours ago

This weekend I watched a concert from 2008 at the german channel Alpha - most of the times fantastic audio in surround. I was...

DirkP
replies: 5 views: 399
njrsound 5 hours ago

I’ve been using a borrowed pair of mkh80 for a few weeks now and I am astounded at how good they sound everywhere I use them. ...

NathanBarley
replies: 201 views: 12,951
Rolo 46 5 hours ago

I saw the new Gefell m102 (similar to the m221, but with a 1" capsule) this past fall at AES and I have since been wondering...

lukedamrosch
replies: 2 views: 255
lukedamrosch 8 hours ago

Hi! Anyone had a chance to compare the new schoeps cmc1 preamp with a cmc6 preamp on classical recordings? Do the new cmc1 sound...

Eirik
replies: 1 views: 253
ThousandMics 9 hours ago

Does anyone here use the Schoeps RC active stands? There are certain live performance video situations where I would love having...

jnorman
replies: 39 views: 1,619
John Willett 9 hours ago

not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it seems like you guys might deal with this, so i'm giving it a shot. here's...

eor
replies: 45 views: 3,812
hughshouse 16 hours ago

New release for NAMM .....probably aimed at ambient recordings, this recorder features 19 channels ( because 17 is just never...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 336
WiFiJeff 1 day ago

Anybody else having problems with the Sound Devices MixPre-10T? Got ours about ten days ago and it has not been a universal...

TonyF
replies: 110 views: 15,025
TVPostSound 1 day ago

Simple question - why did the Neumann KM83 have slots in it? My km183s, like other true pressure omnis, have no slots or...

jnorman
replies: 1 views: 218
dseetoo 1 day ago

Hey, is it a good idea to record the bass for two microphones, for two cabs of different brands, one microphone for one cab,...

Foretaste
replies: 5 views: 222
Remoteness 1 day ago

Since I've noticed several folks here are fans of Rens Heijnis and his Sonodore mics, I went looking around on his site and came...

voltronic
replies: 122 views: 13,074
Plush 1 day ago

For those interested, a quick overview of Studer mixer history, plus a fast-forward to Chandos and their use of the Vista today:...

studer58
replies: 14 views: 1,217
zamproject 1 day ago

I learned about the SX-M2D2 here (@Plush). While it looks like a cool unit and the price seems right, I was wondering if it would...

johannburkard
replies: 17 views: 918
AdamAsnan 1 day ago

Hey, I frequently do live sound and also recordings in a smallish basement jazz club. there is a pair of Haun Cardoids in ORTF...

PeerSoe
replies: 8 views: 339
elpillo 2 days ago

I'm experimenting with techniques for mic'ing a double bass. Aside from standards such as a large diaphragm condenser 1-2' in...

Ukiah Bass
replies: 30 views: 929
Ukiah Bass 2 days ago

Hello, I am a senior in high school who graduates in may. After exploring the many possibilities of college, I decided that...

Kyng_the_poet
replies: 26 views: 800
Kyng_the_poet 2 days ago

Remote recording is all about capturing a moment. If the moment is glorious and euphoric, that's a testament to the musicians and...

joelpatterson
replies: 21 views: 822
joelpatterson 2 days ago

Now that almost all of us are using DAW's of one type or another, I thought it would be interesting to see how many are now...

Roland
replies: 84 views: 5,921
Geoff Poulton 3 days ago

I am a proud owner of a SCHOEPS MSTC 64 UG and that is a very fine microphone however I just discovered a similar mic for 99,-...

Gaston69
replies: 394 views: 154,215
DAH 3 days ago

Here's my timeline... 1975 -- Hobby 1976 -- Hobby turns into serious interest. 1977 -- Serious interest turns into starting...

Remoteness
replies: 20 views: 786
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Transparent sound and preamps are nice , but sometimes a kind of "thick" sweetness can be welcome too (like for some...

ISedlacek
replies: 48 views: 2,355
ISedlacek 4 days ago

This ribbon mic has been around for about 7 years or more, but in this forum at least doesn't get much mention at all. It has a...

studer58
replies: 28 views: 2,969
Geoff Poulton 4 days ago

Hi! Im recording an orchestra and I will rent some microphones. I can chose between: Large diaphragm AKG C414 XLS Neumann...

elacarcel
replies: 76 views: 3,229
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

Hi! I am thinking of buying a couple of Rode NTR´s for recording chamber music, choir, choir with chamber orchestra, and...

knuttta
replies: 56 views: 5,348
studer58 5 days ago

Hi all! Im about to record an orchestra and Im reading a lot about different possible arrays for the mics and just discover...

elacarcel
replies: 21 views: 818
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

This may be a long shot, but I’m wondering if anyone has insight into the specifics of how Fred Plaut approached these...

king2070lplaya
replies: 91 views: 3,845
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

I have a pair of mk21’s that I want to use for room mics; was wondering what mic technique?

emenelton
replies: 9 views: 350
emenelton 1 week ago

Can you help identify the small cylindrical vocal mic used here on a 60's Dylan session, presumably CBS studios New York...

studer58
replies: 22 views: 1,200
studer58 1 week ago

Those of you who utilize the Faulkner four-mic-array (and its variants): What mic bars do you use? Let's see them all (including...

lyrictenor1
replies: 60 views: 6,102
Don S 1 week ago

Anyone compared transformer SQN say IV-S i thru iii vs V and later? I really liked the smooth sound of SQN especially on voice,...

whippoorwill
replies: 10 views: 1,335
Geoff Poulton 1 week ago

After years of trying out a ridiculous number of plugins, I have what I think is a fairly nice group of plugs that I use...

jnorman
replies: 11 views: 746
Plush 1 week ago

So we know that by creating impulse response wave files in a given space, we can use convolution algorithms to generate a reverb...

jnorman
replies: 54 views: 2,409
emrr 1 week ago

I've had a pair of CM3s for a couple of years and I'm really pleased with them as a main stereo pair (into a Zoom H6 for...

paulfromcamden
replies: 13 views: 1,023
cheu78 1 week ago

This is a matter of personal preference...I am just wondering what the consensus is. Normally I record piano mono and pan it...

Corran
replies: 57 views: 16,287
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi all, I do love my HD600, but I'd like to get a good pair of in-ears for Ipod listening and critical listening in noisy...

huub
replies: 27 views: 4,154
bwanajim 1 week ago

Hi guys, this is my first post on Gearslutz. I mainly record "classical" music, using a Nagra IV-S tape recorder...

Momboisse
replies: 22 views: 1,424
bwanajim 1 week ago

Getting a new location recording set up for the occasional bits I do for my sound design work. Have been recommended the Senn...

mahoobley
replies: 19 views: 1,161
Folkie 1 week ago

Hello, fellow slutz. Happy new year! We are building a scoring stage in São Paulo (12x7m or 40'x23'), Brazil. We have some...

Julian J. Ludwig
replies: 0 views: 325
Julian J. Ludwig 1 week ago

Allright, it's pretty much 2020. What are the tippy top Lavalier and Boom mics out there? By that I mean which are your...

cashewcupcake
replies: 8 views: 789
RayHeath 2 weeks ago

Hi Friends, Just looking for some feedback on the recent recording I did with a local amateur orchestra. The soloist is a 15...

chaaster
replies: 5 views: 693
chaaster 2 weeks ago

Hi! I was wondering what are you guys using for picking up crowds for a live recording. I use a lot of Shotgun microphone...

laperlestudio
replies: 8 views: 1,327
hbphotoav 2 weeks ago

Happy new year, everyone! On Jan 8, 2020 I will be recording a cello accompanied by piano. It will be a classical piece with...

stevems
replies: 13 views: 674
hbphotoav 2 weeks ago

I realize they are different animals but I have the MLA8 and I like it. So, I'm wondering if I should add another one or go for...

neve1064
replies: 30 views: 4,762
AP Productions 2 weeks ago

There might be more to the story of the mic and the (flawed) tube....and there's more than a tinge of sadness and fatefulness...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 482
studer58 2 weeks ago

An illustrated history of a famous AKG microphone: https://www.historyofrecording.com/AKG-C414.html

studer58
replies: 0 views: 395
studer58 2 weeks ago

Is anyone here using this specific model? I've seen some clearly well-deserved praise and heard some nice samples from...

lukedamrosch
replies: 15 views: 977
emrr 2 weeks ago

I've been tracking a grand piano in a church -- good piano, good room sound -- but I've been having issues with reflections in...

jsbeeth
replies: 84 views: 12,908
Geoff Poulton 2 weeks ago

Operatic sopranos can distort in recordings and even in playback on some systems, yet there's very little written in English...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 65 views: 7,851
Lurcher_lover 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search