The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 12,833
huub 1 week ago

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 313 views: 228,565
tourtelot 3 weeks ago

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 424 views: 234,459
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 16,460
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 109,696
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 16,352
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Typical magazine tantalizing promo headline: "AT interviews multi-Grammy winning classical engineer Tony Faulkner backstage...

studer58
replies: 244 views: 26,424
dseetoo 2 hours ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 16 views: 469
tourtelot 5 hours ago

For open mic nights, once they resume. My goal would be to set up a rig that has the smallest possible, least obtrusive...

deargear
replies: 5 views: 329
fred2bern 20 hours ago

Hello, I am a naturecordist and I would like to know if I can use in my mixer/preamp sonosax sx-pr four chanel mixed in stereo,...

FREITOJOS
replies: 5 views: 247
ithinknot 1 day ago

Hi all, At some point later this year, I have been thinking of purchasing a couple of the new CMC1 amplifiers for situations...

lukedamrosch
replies: 10 views: 338
mpdonahue 1 day ago

I have an organ CD-recording this evening in a church. Nearby there are trams passing and a bus station is located just at the...

monitor
replies: 17 views: 485
tourtelot 1 day ago

Wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for mics they have had good results with at a distance. Voice (talking) and or Vocal...

inkymarx
replies: 2 views: 206
hbphotoav 1 day ago

Sorry for the pun, but it was too obvious not to use. Situation: Recording of small stage live performance theater and...

MilSF
replies: 3 views: 225
niversen 2 days ago

Hello all, I'm really new in recording and do it mostly for me to listen to later to analyse and fix errors in my organ...

Falcon1
replies: 152 views: 5,998
Falcon1 2 days ago

I figured we should have a 'show & tell style' drum kit mic'ing thread where we can share our techniques and ideas with the...

Remoteness
replies: 45 views: 2,577
Remoteness 2 days ago

Anyone have any experience recording solo Forte Piano in concert. 500 seat, pretty good sounding room. Considering a Schoeps MS...

tourtelot
replies: 46 views: 3,798
Yannick 2 days ago

As someone with little recording experience, I have been mulling over recording approaches for a Jazz-formation to be recorded...

MaHei
replies: 33 views: 790
hughshouse 2 days ago

Hello Fellows. I have been experiencing remote recordings in the mountain. After hiking a few hours, I am looking for a pretty...

flober1970
replies: 2 views: 356
flober1970 2 days ago

Hello! Been doing some run'n'gun, low-key outdoor recording. Nothing documentarian, basically just to harvest sounds for later...

K.Lastima
replies: 3 views: 518
Timbone 3 days ago

Hello everyone, this morning I found this new page on thomann's website : https://www.thomann.de/fr/superlux_s502mkii.htm Has...

Momboisse
replies: 27 views: 2,257
superwack 3 days ago

Could you help me identifying the piano mics used in this recent Sakamoto live-stream? I really like the...

achabloop5080
replies: 4 views: 311
fred2bern 3 days ago

Hi! Today I was remembering of a day in 2014, when I recorded a drum kit inside a Volkswagen Kombi (Type 2 or Bus) from the...

KeithRichards
replies: 10 views: 456
jerry123 3 days ago

During lockdown I’ve been listening to these recordings a lot. Putting the playing aside which is amazing, the recordings also...

AlexK
replies: 20 views: 960
studer58 4 days ago

Does anyone have any insight into the technical details of this production? I’ve been listening to it on my long walks and it...

bwanajim
replies: 3 views: 490
bwanajim 4 days ago

I often see live classical voice recordings with famous vocalists that are mic'd wth a very close-spaced pair of SDC's (i think)....

tessitura
replies: 14 views: 549
studer58 4 days ago

Hi all, I have to make an orchestral recording in a wide, but not so deep room. The dimensions are: 20m/66ft wide, 8m/26ft...

HangArt
replies: 29 views: 1,234
jimjazzdad 4 days ago

I’ve tried to search but haven’t had success. For those recording remote on location, are there good options for...

MayorAdamWest
replies: 44 views: 1,942
MayorAdamWest 5 days ago

I'm trying to select a Great DAW for Editing classical music... and would love some advice. I've been using ProTools, but...

bove
replies: 161 views: 16,663
studer58 5 days ago

Does anyone know if there has been hardware improvements to the Tascam DR-100mkIII compared to the Tascam DR-100mkII? Like the...

SoundGuyJohn
replies: 7 views: 1,365
dogmusic 6 days ago

After I got my Neumann KM-183 which I love btw. my mic budget is empty at the moment so I need to start to save for next buy...

Falcon1
replies: 6 views: 634
hbphotoav 6 days ago

I thought it might be worth devoting a thread to videos (or archived live streams) made in this time of social distancing. Please...

studer58
replies: 43 views: 2,840
NathanBarley 1 week ago

Just been hired to record a singer songwriter in his home. New record, 12 tracks. Basically we'll be doing the sessions in the...

nobtwiddler
replies: 102 views: 8,208
nobtwiddler 1 week ago

Hi, I was using my MKH40 yesterday and it seems to be suffering from random bouts of audio dropout and making a popping...

TSM
replies: 4 views: 429
dseetoo 1 week ago

I am to record the new solo CD of a world-class pianist who sent me a live recording in a small church of one of the pieces to be...

apotheosis
replies: 47 views: 3,796
wildplum 1 week ago

Hi! Anyone had a chance to compare the new schoeps cmc1 preamp with a cmc6 preamp on classical recordings? Do the new cmc1 sound...

Eirik
replies: 7 views: 1,381
fifthcircle 1 week ago

This was done at the National Cathedral in Washington DC on May 10th 1970....

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 5 views: 688
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hey all, I've been doing a lot of live streaming for events, and am planning out a weekly singer songwriter night. I have a...

FoodProduct
replies: 0 views: 37
FoodProduct 1 week ago

Dear all, New here, hope this goes in the right place. After reading extensive threads, and online videos I came to the...

URZE
replies: 9 views: 656
MandoBastardo 1 week ago

harpist I have worked with for several years made a little video from one of the pieces I recorded for RoseWynde. This is Great...

jnorman
replies: 2 views: 267
jnorman 1 week ago

Hi! I was supposed to do this in Grieg´s villa, but due to the museum opening again for visitors, everything is locked down now...

knuttta
replies: 7 views: 369
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I'm going to be recording a lot of tracks of santoor and tabla in a live recording setting. The room is treated...

jahluwalia
replies: 9 views: 548
jahluwalia 1 week ago

Hi Steve. Thanks for sharing your memories about the "Age of quarrel" production. Indeed it's a classic and I'm sure...

joaquin
replies: 19 views: 10,391
Remoteness 1 week ago

I am helping an operatic soprano record demo songs for auditions. Auditions will be recorded in various places (auditoriums &...

tessitura
replies: 16 views: 2,225
tessitura 1 week ago

Rolling Stones Get Yer Ya-ya's Out? Sound company? Showco? Brit Row? Also just noticed the grammatical mistake in the...

tourtelot
replies: 8 views: 536
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I feel like I’m going crazy overthinking this. I’ve spent quite a bit of time comparing microphones in small environments...

MayorAdamWest
replies: 35 views: 1,407
David Rick 2 weeks ago

..for y'all that own one: I just ordered a MixPre 3 and it looks like it needs a USB cable that is USB-A on both ends... is that...

szegedin
replies: 32 views: 3,619
bradh 2 weeks ago

Hi All Remoters, I hope your staying safe out there. These days, not much to do besides mix music, edit video and practice new...

Ten10MXR
replies: 8 views: 443
Ten10MXR 2 weeks ago

I will be recording a female classica/jazz singer and a pianist (midsize Yamaha grand) in a fairly square living room about 5m...

Petrus
replies: 14 views: 1,202
Crazy4Jazz 2 weeks ago

I remember when CD's were first a big deal and Billy Joel's Turnstiles was released and some very knowing folks played it at a...

boojum
replies: 57 views: 1,973
DAH 2 weeks ago

Hello community! Only need 2 channel converter for stereo classical recording (solo or small group/sonata or chamber). I have...

Bat Ears
replies: 55 views: 9,854
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

The project to which I referred came to be last week, as part of a larger "Hymns Sing and soloists" COVID event. Along...

hbphotoav
replies: 6 views: 457
hbphotoav 2 weeks ago

Hi all. I was wondering if i could take 10-15 minutes of your time to help with my final year university project? kfhkh The...

Ry_Heath
replies: 0 views: 262
Ry_Heath 2 weeks ago

Always loved that phrase, "the mind's eye." It boils down what, really, all creative efforts are after: creating an...

joelpatterson
replies: 1 views: 305
boojum 3 weeks ago

I have a really talented musician friend who isn't able to come to my (or any) studio to record vocals because of Covid-19...

KingOmni
replies: 4 views: 388
bradh 3 weeks ago

I was just thinking about all the reflections, bass response, transmission, low frequency problems. Just wondering if just...

redstudio
replies: 34 views: 8,715
Jim Williams 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search