The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 308 views: 214,592
Remoteness 18th December 2019

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 10,065
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 424 views: 220,910
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 13,820
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 102,737
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 13,692
Remoteness 6th May 2006

This was mentioned in another thread, but the backstory of the production is the epitome of "remote recording". Thanks...

hbphotoav
replies: 0 views: 44
hbphotoav 1 hour ago

Hi all, So, with many recordings already being cancelled due to this virus, I'm thinking about nerding up on the technical...

DaveyJones
replies: 38 views: 1,774
hbphotoav 1 hour ago

Anyone compared transformer SQN say IV-S i thru iii vs V and later? I really liked the smooth sound of SQN especially on voice,...

whippoorwill
replies: 22 views: 2,685
Oevad 2 hours ago

Im hoping this is the correct forum for this question, since many of you seem to have strong dante experience. I’m moving...

Rtroost
replies: 17 views: 473
tourtelot 8 hours ago

Hi! I just got a recording of a piano piece a friend did for me. It is a short work (3') and, due the lockdown, he could...

elacarcel
replies: 2 views: 194
elacarcel 11 hours ago

Hi Can you tell what are singer's mics ?...

willi1203
replies: 2 views: 187
willi1203 12 hours ago

I figured we should have a 'show & tell style' drum kit mic'ing thread where we can share our techniques and ideas with the...

Remoteness
replies: 28 views: 1,242
Remoteness 1 day ago

Hi there, Getting mics and audio interface/mixer for classical piano performance (using grand pianos 6'-9') in small concert...

pianisticchef
replies: 43 views: 1,621
shosty 1 day ago

All publicity is good publicity some may say! Took a snap shot of this yesterday cause i thought it was funny! The Schoeps CMIT5U...

ChuckyGold
replies: 105 views: 8,427
limbo 1 day ago

Hi all, I am hoping to get some input from various users here to inform my decision-making process. For the past couple of...

lukedamrosch
replies: 76 views: 5,871
tourtelot 1 day ago

Hi. I am moving my video show outdoors and I'd like some recommendations for best boom mic for outdoor recording. We get a lot of...

Chris_G
replies: 5 views: 321
Chris_G 1 day ago

Hi all, I recently came across posts from Mark Donahue and David Spearritt on another forum (hello to both of you, if you happen...

lukedamrosch
replies: 5 views: 517
bradh 1 day ago

I have access to these mics (in matched pairs): Neumann M49, Neumann M149, Neumann M250, Neumann M269, Coles 4038 and RCA MI...

iapromo
replies: 5 views: 293
9sbean 1 day ago

I thought it might be worth devoting a thread to videos (or archived live streams) made in this time of social distancing. Please...

studer58
replies: 13 views: 577
studer58 1 day ago

It's with great sadness that I have to announce the passing of Mike Skeet. I don't know the specific date, but it was reported...

Roland
replies: 28 views: 3,780
John Willett 1 day ago

Looking for opinions on what the artists in-home recording setups/mics/resources used for their performances. If you were...

Talpa
replies: 2 views: 316
Talpa 1 day ago

I just came across a documentary of how Robert Friedrich (5/4 productions) recorded probably my favorite ever classical...

tessitura
replies: 13 views: 723
dseetoo 1 day ago

Specific to my typical gig recording in churches, I usually can control heating/AC noises, minimize exterior noises, and apply...

dizziness
replies: 4 views: 283
2manyrocks 2 days ago

Hey! I have a need for mobile recording setup on a 750 euro budget. I have weighted my options for a while now, but thought...

Kalo
replies: 5 views: 296
bradh 2 days ago

So I did a set of mixes on my kh80s, and checked them with Sony 7506s and a set of old Roland ma-12s - sounded fine on...

jnorman
replies: 20 views: 1,024
Ulrich 2 days ago

Anybody knows the diferent between the mic preamplifiers of this two rme. I can't find any information about that. Evisto

evisto
replies: 10 views: 7,460
rumleymusic 2 days ago

Thanks to excellent help on this forum, I have ordered some new microphones - 2x Schoeps CMC6 + 2x MK4 (Cardioid) + 2x MK 2...

MayorAdamWest
replies: 4 views: 210
MayorAdamWest 3 days ago

I learned about the SX-M2D2 here (@Plush). While it looks like a cool unit and the price seems right, I was wondering if it would...

johannburkard
replies: 25 views: 2,716
bradh 3 days ago

Hi gang - any recommendations for apps (JamKazam?) for a few remote friend musicians and I can use during this shelter in place...

AquamanSF
replies: 0 views: 159
AquamanSF 3 days ago
replies: 0 views: 124
MayorAdamWest 3 days ago

There might be more to the story of the mic and the (flawed) tube....and there's more than a tinge of sadness and fatefulness...

studer58
replies: 11 views: 867
kludgeaudio 3 days ago

My MZW60 windshield started to break apart, it seems like the plastic it is made of just deteriorated. I mean, what the actual f...

matucha
replies: 2 views: 273
matucha 4 days ago

When I was apprenticing at Deep South back in the early 70s, we had maybe 20 pairs of Sennheiser hd414 headphones, and I remember...

jnorman
replies: 23 views: 2,130
John Willett 4 days ago

Can anyone recognise this mic please? https://twitter.com/i/status/1240413672314454016 The perils of the live mic.

Geoff Poulton
replies: 6 views: 334
Bushman 4 days ago

Curious what you guys are doing with live album production. I have been running 4 shotguns aimed at specific seating areas....

Heartfelt
replies: 3 views: 259
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

Now that we're all in social distancing, and all concerts are cancelled, the local professional orchestra that I record has...

Early21
replies: 2 views: 294
Plush 4 days ago

I just had a thought and wondered if anyone here has ever outfitted a pianist or solo artist with binaurals. It would certainly...

springer
replies: 9 views: 488
cabraldemello 4 days ago

Hi, i'd like to record outside ambient but i'm not be sure which kind of microphone buy (MS or a stereo pair). With a...

fab1
replies: 6 views: 929
loujudson 5 days ago

Recently I received a new master piece - a new generation among my "spherical violins" that brings a completely new...

ISedlacek
replies: 116 views: 8,612
ISedlacek 1 week ago

Let's get a thread going with some Zoom H5 clips from the field! kfhkh To kick things off here's an excerpt from a field...

James Lehmann
replies: 5 views: 1,614
bradh 1 week ago

Hi Guys, It has been a while since I posted a recording for various reasons however not so long ago I was lucky to record a very...

Gaston69
replies: 35 views: 1,139
studer58 1 week ago

Hey all, I’ve been content with my puny NTG-2 for awhile now. But I want to step it up and get a professional grade shotgun....

Ohnobro
replies: 29 views: 1,354
Folkie 1 week ago

Hello everyone, this morning I found this new page on thomann's website : https://www.thomann.de/fr/superlux_s502mkii.htm Has...

Momboisse
replies: 23 views: 1,310
gregor z 1 week ago

Hi guys, I wanna be able to mix in real time with the guy whose producing one of my band's records during lock down. We've...

LHulme
replies: 2 views: 302
JCBigler 1 week ago

Tried a new approach hoping for feedback

emenelton
replies: 10 views: 2,075
emenelton 1 week ago

just wondering...... which mic(s) have the flattest frequency response? Of course, whether that's a good or bad thing is another...

melonmachine
replies: 95 views: 26,343
niversen 1 week ago

Today I realized how little traffic I can hear in the city. Also the planes are few and far between. So this is just a...

matucha
replies: 21 views: 785
JLast 1 week ago

Hi all, I have no music to record. I may end up trying to record some ambience outside or some random stuff indoors. For...

DaveyJones
replies: 4 views: 410
TonyF 1 week ago

I bought the Acon Deverberate plugin to assist in minimizing the “small room” sound I have to deal with on so many recordings...

jnorman
replies: 33 views: 2,213
Issadore 1 week ago

Hi Everybody, I’ve been asked to record an audition submission of a piano and cello duet. This type of recording is new to...

Tommy-boy
replies: 17 views: 1,044
Tommy-boy 1 week ago

I know this is a bit unusual... I got a call yesterday to do some live streaming from a cemetery for a funeral and they...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 21 views: 996
John Willett 1 week ago

many folks (for obious reasons) are currently trying to do some of their music-related work via internet - i don't... ...and...

deedeeyeah
replies: 35 views: 1,448
hughshouse 1 week ago

So I finally converted over to dante. I’m using 3 Grace m108’s and a focusrite pcier card in a thunderbolt chassis connected...

miketeachesclass
replies: 22 views: 1,508
RobAnderson 1 week ago

Some excellent audio on the Grand Ol' Opry live stream tonight. Marty Stewart, Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, all on mic'd acoustic...

hbphotoav
replies: 0 views: 380
hbphotoav 1 week ago

Hi fellow colleagues, As some of you might know I use a Merging Horus (Ravenna/AES67) and Magix Samplitude for my remote...

Gaston69
replies: 8 views: 960
roonsbane 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search