The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 426 views: 243,766
Remoteness 31st May 2020

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 15,129
huub 17th May 2020

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 313 views: 237,648
tourtelot 28th April 2020

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 18,705
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 114,415
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 18,607
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Hey, all. Not an actual remote question as this will take place in my studio, but I've got a clarinetist coming in to record a...

seanmccoy
replies: 48 views: 706
kludgeaudio 5 minutes ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 339 views: 11,530
2manyrocks 55 minutes ago

I thought it would be nice to have a post where we might discuss what types of setups were used at the classical sessions of...

king2070lplaya
replies: 33 views: 5,742
dtf 1 hour ago

Hi - not sure if this is the best place to post...I am trying to purchase an electric piano in San Fran, and the seller wants it...

once a roadie
replies: 2 views: 162
tourtelot 3 hours ago

the quartet simply sets a new standard! what's amazing in technical terms is that, other than say the emerson quartet's...

deedeeyeah
replies: 18 views: 533
dtf 3 hours ago

Good morning. I am an organist (and also a little audiophile...) and I want to buy equipment to properly record pipe organ in...

Organist
replies: 82 views: 1,642
norfolksoundman9 6 hours ago

At long last, I’ve finally gotten to do a bit of recording. I had two ladies in the studio tracking some duets, and Saturday...

jnorman
replies: 5 views: 217
studer58 1 day ago

Hi all, I've appreciated the "rectangular capsule users, unite!" and other threads here on the forums, but hope to get...

lukedamrosch
replies: 31 views: 1,554
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Hi, I have been asked to record a classical music event and I thought I would ask for advice on how I might mic this. The...

lanmonkey
replies: 2 views: 184
JCBigler 2 days ago

Why doesn't the Microtech Gefell M930 get more love around here? I've been mixing some string tracks recorded with this mic, and...

matyas
replies: 63 views: 28,001
seanmccoy 3 days ago

Hello everybody, I was listening to the audio recordings from Miles Davis 1969 Newport Jazz festival and wondering about what...

PACHAMAMA
replies: 1 views: 180
elegentdrum 3 days ago

I love, love, love the feature set of the Zoom L-20 for DAW recording @ 44.1K, but I also love good audio. To that end, I wonder...

Confusionator
replies: 13 views: 2,910
jukeboxjoe 4 days ago

I'm starting a thread about this seriously ambitious project I have been working on for quite some time now. Since we can't...

Remoteness
replies: 18 views: 591
Remoteness 4 days ago

hello, i've read a few threads here about stands for recording sitdown documentaries in the studio, with some great advice. ...

clusterchord
replies: 12 views: 845
James Lehmann 4 days ago

Hello all, I just saw that violinist Ray Chen released (on Decca) a CD of solo violin music recorded in his living room during...

VlaVlnPlayer
replies: 7 views: 367
David Spearritt 4 days ago

Hello, Last weekend I recorded an organ in concert in a church with a pair of Schoeps MK 2H . It was a very big organ,...

Eric D
replies: 50 views: 1,551
panatrope 4 days ago

Watching Hillary Hahn play is always fun. Seeing her play into a pair of Schoeps CCM is even more fun for me, a Schoeps CCM...

RayHeath
replies: 13 views: 706
Geoff Poulton 5 days ago

I bought the Acon Deverberate plugin to assist in minimizing the “small room” sound I have to deal with on so many recordings...

jnorman
replies: 34 views: 2,608
jnorman 5 days ago

I'm running an MKH 8040 + MKH 30 p48 in MS config on a rode blimp (I needed the flexibility of using multiple configs so I went...

Schubird
replies: 0 views: 146
Schubird 5 days ago

Transparent sound and preamps are nice , but sometimes a kind of "thick" sweetness can be welcome too (like for some...

ISedlacek
replies: 69 views: 6,867
markblockjzz 5 days ago

Here's a blind test featuring Rode's latest (and greatest?) shotgun mic. Just for fun see if you can determine which mic is...

JamesClark1991
replies: 24 views: 1,113
TVPostSound 5 days ago

Hello everyone, As you know, when recording an acoustic ensemble on location (also in studios), it can be sometimes difficult to...

hklworld
replies: 20 views: 2,530
Evert 6 days ago

I'm starting to dive into virtual orchestral instruments (specifically, East/West's Hollywood Orchestra collection) for film...

simplecarnival
replies: 212 views: 15,161
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

As someone with little recording experience, I have been mulling over recording approaches for a Jazz-formation to be recorded...

MaHei
replies: 40 views: 1,818
alexvdbroek 1 week ago

I greatly enjoyed spending an hour with a great interview of one of the principal members of the legendary "Wrecking...

Richard Crowley
replies: 12 views: 1,343
stixstudios 1 week ago

Hi everyone. I posted a question recently regarding portable recorders and the mixpre seems the most favoured by a...

jjmmuir
replies: 57 views: 4,665
norfolksoundman9 1 week ago

I just had to cancel a recording session due to logistical reasons. The client originally wanted a recording of a quartet with...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 5 views: 538
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Lady Gaga

Unusual mic technique for a U47 - it is pointing the wrong way

TonyF
replies: 37 views: 1,286
studer58 1 week ago

Anybody had hands on the new TASCAM DR-701D yet? I just saw it on Amazon. 4-XLR, Stereo MiniTRS inputs; HDMI passthrough, all the...

hbphotoav
replies: 14 views: 902
2manyrocks 2 weeks ago

Since years I own the KMS-105 I didn't use often, but I loved it. What I noticed is that the output audio level is very...

TORMY
replies: 5 views: 248
TORMY 2 weeks ago

I figured we should have a 'show & tell style' drum kit mic'ing thread where we can share our techniques and ideas with the...

Remoteness
replies: 62 views: 3,506
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

I purchased both and sampled both yesterday during an orchestral recording session. Sound Devices MixPre 10’s preamps are...

supoUSA
replies: 50 views: 5,321
over-man 2 weeks ago

One mic, a pair or a 3506 kit. D.

tourtelot
replies: 3 views: 413
apotheosis 2 weeks ago

This is some neat stuff... some of it was "Yeah... I do that..." and some of it was "Whoa... cool." DIY...

hbphotoav
replies: 11 views: 635
garysjo 2 weeks ago

I'm currently on the lookout for a mkh 416 for a web series (drama) I need to buy one soon, and I've found a few on ebay that...

TheBlueOne
replies: 32 views: 8,046
JamesClark1991 2 weeks ago

I'm trying to select a Great DAW for Editing classical music... and would love some advice. I've been using ProTools, but...

bove
replies: 172 views: 19,610
cohler 3 weeks ago

Hi all Longtime lurker (ie. 12 years + !!), never bothered to make an account or post until now. About 9 years ago I put...

MangeLesDoux
replies: 40 views: 1,499
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

The latest Zoom handheld recorder looks like a piece of military...

studer58
replies: 13 views: 806
studer58 3 weeks ago

A young friend asked me today how long it takes, typically, to edit a classical CD. I've done a few but A) I'm usually the...

Richard Black
replies: 74 views: 4,846
Falcon1 3 weeks ago

Had a rare opportunity to record simultaneously the same line output to both a Zoom f8n and a MixPre6. The input trim on the...

RobAnderson
replies: 10 views: 561
IronFilm 3 weeks ago

Hello, I'm trying to replace the original Fujitsu drive of my Edirol R-4 Pro with a solid state drive with no luck so far. I was...

lamacchiacosta
replies: 13 views: 3,791
Pepo 3 weeks ago

See MixPre-10M Sounds like a musician-oriented version of the MixPre-10; they'll also offer a "musician plugin" for...

bradh
replies: 366 views: 30,422
Rolo 46 3 weeks ago

I am checking out Neumann's latest additions to their KM series small-diaphragm series. Wanted to know if anyone out there...

king2070lplaya
replies: 14 views: 2,538
lukedamrosch 3 weeks ago

Hello Remote folks, Here’s my situation: I’m looking to add a versatile pair to my mic kit. Though I like vibey gear and...

alexevans917
replies: 95 views: 2,724
hbphotoav 3 weeks ago

Hello, all! As the Fall season begins to loom large over many of our schedules, I know that I am not alone in beginning to...

tuba_noise
replies: 16 views: 756
Honkermann 3 weeks ago

Hi all, so I'll be making some videos soon of vocalists performing arias with very small chamber accompaniment (thing...

DaveyJones
replies: 4 views: 352
studer58 3 weeks ago

I'm intrigued. See 0:14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpXhlo0jK0

robert82
replies: 73 views: 4,705
David Spearritt 4 weeks ago

Do you guys offer digital downloads of your shows or events that you record? My daughter's dance teacher approached me about...

JCBigler
replies: 2 views: 376
DrReid 4 weeks ago

Recently I received a new master piece - a new generation among my "spherical violins" that brings a completely new...

ISedlacek
replies: 129 views: 11,494
ISedlacek 4 weeks ago

Hi! I need a wide cardiod pair and a diffuse field omni pair for recording classical music in a church where a high frequency...

knuttta
replies: 36 views: 2,670
lukedamrosch 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search