The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 2,632
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 424 views: 182,447
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 6,461
Remoteness 5th October 2019

As of late, I noticed that I'm not the only person writing new posts to old threads... Thank you for taking the time to...

Remoteness
replies: 7 views: 54,907
Remoteness 4th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 82,947
Remoteness 28th August 2019

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 304 views: 175,251
deedeeyeah 22nd August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 6,342
Remoteness 6th May 2006

I’ve been using a borrowed pair of mkh80 for a few weeks now and I am astounded at how good they sound everywhere I use them. ...

NathanBarley
replies: 166 views: 8,489
David Rick 3 hours ago
replies: - views: -
JoeyCopenhaver 1 day ago

How would you approach this in general terms: a nice church acoustic, session (not concert) with soprano singer accompanied by...

studer58
replies: 22 views: 1,477
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

Just got MixPre3 and notice a quality drop using battery power (4xAA) vs. usb power. Anyone know if this gets better using the...

hebjam
replies: 2 views: 279
hebjam 1 day ago

Hey! I thought an album I made with my sister and friends entitled Waiting Rooms may interest the die-hard location recordists...

elswhrco
replies: 11 views: 676
jwh1192 1 day ago

Hi Folks, Long time lurker, and fairly new to the Remote Possibilities Forum. I’ve done vague searches on the topic and...

Gallagher1819
replies: 5 views: 472
brhoward 1 day ago
Mike Paul 2 days ago

Fun Fact: In the 1980s, Van Halen had a specific clause in their tour rider, which stated that there must not be any...

Remoteness
replies: 8 views: 445
Brent Hahn 2 days ago

This weekend, I am recording the Tulsa Symphony Orchestra for their final classics concert of the season as they...

JCBigler
replies: 32 views: 1,737
tuba_noise 2 days ago
majnu 2 days ago

I’m not sure what the problem was, but the sound was F’d –up. Especially the vocals. Sounded like the singers...

Cap'n Spanky
replies: 35 views: 8,546
Kimdu59 2 days ago

I have three or four differently configured small rigs I bring out, depending, from the same well of gear, so sadly I'm always...

rboy
replies: 11 views: 732
RobAnderson 2 days ago

I love, love, love the feature set of the Zoom L-20 for DAW recording @ 44.1K, but I also love good audio. To that end, I wonder...

Confusionator
replies: 4 views: 1,419
Peller 3 days ago

I just got the test lacquers for my 'Bill Burr: 50, Live from Madison Square Garden' double vinyl comedy record that I'm...

Remoteness
replies: 2 views: 312
Remoteness 4 days ago

It was a popular Decca technique to use a single spot microphone behind the horn section (yes behind) to capture some direct...

rumleymusic
replies: 84 views: 6,819
studer58 4 days ago

Just came across a rather interesting pair of recordings: http://www.2l.no/pages/album/139.html It's the same Bach released in...

ithinknot
replies: 2 views: 469
Orgeltonmeister 4 days ago

Recently I received a new master piece - a new generation among my "spherical violins" that brings a completely new...

ISedlacek
replies: 78 views: 4,133
Zuewi 4 days ago

Hi! I want to put a wheels on a few road-cases I own. These cases are not for touring. They are hardly ever used. Just...

jimj3114
replies: 6 views: 335
Thomas W. Bethe 4 days ago

I am a proud owner of a SCHOEPS MSTC 64 UG and that is a very fine microphone however I just discovered a similar mic for 99,-...

Gaston69
replies: 377 views: 150,730
didier.brest 4 days ago

Hi folks, I need a shock mount that will hold two SDC's in an ORTF clip. I'm trying to decide between the Rycote INV-7, or the...

swduncan
replies: 18 views: 625
John Willett 4 days ago

Well, last night... at a remarkably fluid performance of the Brahms Requiem, at the REDACTED FOR MY OWN SAFETY theater, the power...

joelpatterson
replies: 6 views: 464
joelpatterson 5 days ago

The July/August issue of "Resolution" magazine profiles my career and work at The Ravinia Festival. Check the goods...

Plush
replies: 169 views: 18,390
studer58 5 days ago

A lot of time and effort was put into making this live performance music video! I trust all my friends and associates will find...

Remoteness
replies: 30 views: 1,893
Remoteness 5 days ago

I was curious as to how many of you classical guys have tried any of Miktek's offerings, especially the C5 pencil. There seems...

rumleymusic
replies: 31 views: 5,420
Progger 5 days ago

Hey, I'm a drummer with too much gear who's slowly turning into a live and remote engineer... I've done quite a number of live...

PeerSoe
replies: 0 views: 261
PeerSoe 6 days ago

Hi everybody, I'm just starting to get into recording radio drama in binaural stereo and I had a few questions. I've done a...

kingtut38
replies: 10 views: 2,498
jerry123 6 days ago

For those who'd like an insight into Steve the man: his history, his recording approach and philosophy and a peek into his truck...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 634
Remoteness 1 week ago

Today, we held our first Remotester conference here in Salem, Oregon, hosted by jnorman34 at the Busick Court Cafe. We had a...

jnorman
replies: 19 views: 1,364
seanmccoy 1 week ago

Hi everyone! What are some of your favorite and affordable (or even free) places to record in New York City (or a bit outside of...

faremis
replies: 1 views: 362
Remoteness 1 week ago

I am checking out Neumann's latest additions to their KM series small-diaphragm series. Wanted to know if anyone out there...

king2070lplaya
replies: 6 views: 1,564
sanjari 1 week ago

Hello folks, This topic is for making a Live Jazz Recording (not Live sound). In some situations (especially louder small...

ricola
replies: 30 views: 1,839
over-man 1 week ago

Hi all, It's not so remote, but I thought you might be interested to see, or that I might show off, this last livestream we did...

king2070lplaya
replies: 14 views: 1,281
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

This thread is suposed to be a fair Tribute to engineer Jan Erik Kongshaug . It's itended to share comments about his ECM...

fossaree
replies: 26 views: 6,408
lukehatpadl 1 week ago

We recorded and shot an awesome video completely on Elroy, my dual expanding wall mobile studio! We used Elroy as the studio...

Remoteness
replies: 73 views: 10,362
Remoteness 1 week ago

These were announced with much fanfare last year. And they looked like an exciting new venture by Rode. Retailers have had them...

John Pk
replies: 60 views: 6,653
studer58 1 week ago

Hey All, I'm going to record a band tonight at a small venue I mix at frequently. I'll be in charge of FOH, and also...

sirjuxtable
replies: 19 views: 913
surflounge 1 week ago

Hi all, I’ve been seeing and hearing a lot in the last ysR about immersive audio recording techniques, and wanted to start a...

king2070lplaya
replies: 65 views: 4,660
over-man 2 weeks ago

Steinway D recorded from the flank ,with a string section, in a delicate Georgian Assembly Hall. Sum and difference MKH 30s...

Rolo 46
replies: 3 views: 410
Rolo 46 2 weeks ago

:) Trying to take long distance classical voice lessons and not getting good enough sound quality. I understand this is not...

ClassicalTenor
replies: 6 views: 422
chessparov2.0 2 weeks ago

I have a session coming up with a 12-piece band doing acoustic folk dance music. I have most of my mics picked out but need some...

corworld
replies: 14 views: 3,062
Plush 2 weeks ago

Young gifted pianist Yamaha Grand Piano Large church Close ish Decca miking (tail) MKH 800 in omni/MKH 30 side Witty Haydn...

Rolo 46
replies: 28 views: 1,560
Rolo 46 2 weeks ago

These samples might illuminate the differences obtainable when miking a piano in a large concert hall.... using both overhead (ie...

studer58
replies: 8 views: 1,045
brhoward 2 weeks ago

A rich and dramatic coloratura in a medium sizes hall with a good Steinway. Her voice is rich and harmonic. I wish perhaps I...

Rolo 46
replies: 13 views: 1,261
David Spearritt 2 weeks ago

Those of you who utilize the Faulkner four-mic-array (and its variants): What mic bars do you use? Let's see them all (including...

lyrictenor1
replies: 55 views: 5,118
area8 2 weeks ago

I have been asked to record a 9 member adult male choir at a location that they have chosen, a school gymnasium with an elevated...

Griz55
replies: 28 views: 987
Griz55 2 weeks ago

Hi, I actually know what I would do for this recording, but I'm not doing this recording, but I am kind of acting as...

stevieotomy
replies: 10 views: 916
hbphotoav 3 weeks ago

I've just received new Line Audio CM4's from Jean-Pol from NoHype Audio and had the opportunity to test the all. Love those mics,...

Stradivariusz
replies: 3 views: 1,052
Stradivariusz 3 weeks ago

I am to record the new solo CD of a world-class pianist who sent me a live recording in a small church of one of the pieces to be...

apotheosis
replies: 38 views: 2,489
Haigbabe 3 weeks ago

Attended the 2019 NYC AES show and have the following selective report for Classical Freaks. Theme of this show was Immersive...

Plush
replies: 12 views: 1,375
Tommy-boy 3 weeks ago

Typical magazine tantalizing promo headline: "AT interviews multi-Grammy winning classical engineer Tony Faulkner backstage...

studer58
replies: 226 views: 23,326
WilfredoFernando 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search