The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 435 views: 246,764
soundguyrecltd 6 days ago

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 314 views: 240,225
JaMProductionsNM 15th August 2020

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 16,504
huub 17th May 2020

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 20,091
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 116,164
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 20,026
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,185 views: 37,624
UnderTow 19 minutes ago

I just moved to LA and I'm helping a friend record a jazz sextet this Wednesday at an art gallery. I'm curious how some of you...

over-man
replies: 58 views: 3,196
shimoyjk 4 hours ago

I purchased both and sampled both yesterday during an orchestral recording session. Sound Devices MixPre 10’s preamps are...

supoUSA
replies: 57 views: 6,558
AB3 7 hours ago

So I'm recording solo pedal harp, classical repertoire. Here are some photos of my mic setup and I'd love opinions. You will...

maestro
replies: 11 views: 401
maestro 15 hours ago

For those of you who record and/or play piano: Tragedy has struck Angela Hewitt as her trusted moving company destroyed her...

Bruce Watson
replies: 28 views: 1,747
Bruce Watson 18 hours ago

For an upcoming string quartet recording session (with video, non-concert) what factors might steer you towards either Jecklin...

studer58
replies: 26 views: 766
Rolo 46 18 hours ago

Hi, I recently was asked to put up a quick livestream on FB. I must admit that, given my all time lack of taste for whatever...

Ivanhoe
replies: 2 views: 138
Ivanhoe 19 hours ago

Good morning. I want to ask if anyone has experience recording solo grand piano with Ehrlund, Pearl and Thuresson microphones. or...

stage12
replies: 11 views: 503
elegentdrum 1 day ago

We discuss mics all the time, but don’t often go into the details of the rest of our signal chain to record and post process...

jnorman
replies: 29 views: 3,774
Tommy-boy 2 days ago

Hello,. I am considering buying vst connect pro however I don't know if it's possible to record multiple musicians in there...

David 123
replies: 2 views: 546
Tommy-boy 2 days ago

I work for a local symphony orchestra and am a recording hobbyist on the side. We recently got a COVID-related grant to upgrade...

ChrisAC95
replies: 8 views: 542
ChrisAC95 2 days ago

In these strange times Im exploring the latest GarageBand iteration after a colleague mentioned it as useful. Its basically...

Rolo 46
replies: 1 views: 217
Rolo 46 2 days ago

I got a gig mixing several performances of a summer festival rendition Damn Yankees and I'm a little nervous going in, mostly...

kweinberg
replies: 43 views: 16,080
hughshouse 2 days ago

I’ve had the unfortunate reality of having not one but two motherboard failures in my PC running windows 10. The board and...

gee the bass
replies: 10 views: 336
westom 3 days ago

So I won about $1000 CAD gambling last week (gambling winnings aren't generally taxed in Canada unless you're...

Dohreetoh
replies: 6 views: 501
dasbin 3 days ago

Why doesn't the Microtech Gefell M930 get more love around here? I've been mixing some string tracks recorded with this mic, and...

matyas
replies: 134 views: 34,532
lukedamrosch 3 days ago

Recommendations for headphones for classical editing/location recording? I'm mainly recording myself (cello) or my own small...

Cello94
replies: 115 views: 4,883
JGebauer 4 days ago

I'm going to be recording an iso timpani track for a "virtual ensemble" type project. In the Decca book's treatment...

Neil Bliss
replies: 9 views: 485
studer58 4 days ago

Hi! My first attempt at ms as main pair. Neumann 120/184. Also had omnis 67cm on same bar to add bass and weight to the...

knuttta
replies: 11 views: 454
knuttta 5 days ago

I currently have pairs of Schoeps cmc6/mk21 and Neumann km a/kk184 in the studio, but no real way to do any testing of setups...

jnorman
replies: 9 views: 515
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 140 views: 9,093
emrr 6 days ago

Granted this is the best acoustic space in the West but i think its a very fair argument that Shawn Murphy is an undeniable...

Pickett
replies: 132 views: 5,832
RayS 6 days ago

Hello Fellow Recording enthusiasts, We recently moved to another house where I use Bay Window / Sun lounge (2m x 4m) for...

Gaston69
replies: 14 views: 411
flextone 6 days ago

One of my wife’s flute students, who is now in Princeton, was featured on Amy Faust’s “On Deck” young artist segment on...

jnorman
replies: 3 views: 509
adomaimamelneach 1 week ago

Hi everyone, Has anyone here tried using the XVIVE P1 with a SONY PCM D100 for location recording with a condenser mic that...

khyamallami
replies: 1 views: 389
adomaimamelneach 1 week ago

In times of Covid collaboration is not really possible... I really think about getting myself into remote recording and the...

Mat Deimann
replies: 5 views: 528
JGebauer 1 week ago

Starting a thread for a dear friend of mine on here, so that we all might have a space to discuss Philip Siney’s piano...

king2070lplaya
replies: 31 views: 1,456
carpa 1 week ago

My Father's Place, Roslyn, NY. The Waitresses. Just heard this show. Was this Steve Remote's work? Tell us all about it. ...

tourtelot
replies: 9 views: 441
nobtwiddler 1 week ago

Select MKH Series Microphones are being Discontinued. In an effort to further streamline its portfolio, Sennheiser has...

Remoteness
replies: 9 views: 517
David Rick 1 week ago

Why not M149 for a main? Another 'how would you do it?' thread Because i like to read those threads a lot, here is my ‘How...

seedee701
replies: 7 views: 391
apotheosis 1 week ago

I was looking at the schoeps schematics for the OCT arrays was wondering, due to the extreme closeness of the strings to the...

RayS
replies: 10 views: 375
RayS 1 week ago

Inspirata is a convolution-based reverb control platform similar to altiverb offering advanced locational adjustments. Has...

jnorman
replies: 12 views: 839
gregh 1 week ago

Hey audio pros, I haven't posted in a long while mostly because of boring corporate gigs but this December has been quite busy...

Mats H
replies: 25 views: 1,104
knuttta 1 week ago

Hi! Sorry if this have been covered earlier, but couldn't find it. I have a possible deal on a Pearl DS 70, a mic that I...

knuttta
replies: 5 views: 299
Rolo 46 1 week ago

Nice to see a new range of useful arms join the marketplace:...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 242
studer58 1 week ago

As many if you good folks know, I specialize in on location live performance recording, production and broadcasting. Whether it's...

Remoteness
replies: 5 views: 364
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi all I just stumbled across this concert recording of the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra at Elbphilharmonie here in...

RFrommann
replies: 4 views: 388
GIACOMO-_ 1 week ago

Hiya, I have the SD722 and the rode NT5As, and now I'm looking for a few more cheap, used mics to try out on my random hiking...

smoke_thief
replies: 9 views: 407
metalsquirrel 1 week ago

I ran across this nice resource this morning and wanted to share. I have seen many visual representations of how various...

jnorman
replies: 3 views: 381
over-man 1 week ago

Before the pandemic the amount of remote recordings we were doing dropped off considerably. This was due to a lot of factors....

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 18 views: 833
Jim Williams 1 week ago

I was interested in trying out some new options for a Kick Out mic (not in the sub kick/moon mic realm). Thoughts on the...

BarefootDrummer
replies: 0 views: 208
BarefootDrummer 1 week ago

Hi there! This is my first post on the boards and please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong thread! I'm a high school...

NewbieinLA
replies: 7 views: 335
Mat Deimann 1 week ago

Is there a way to add space to ORTF recordings? (I know this is not the ideal way to do it, this should have been done...

JGebauer
replies: 19 views: 701
NorseHorse 1 week ago

I learned about the SX-M2D2 here (@Plush). While it looks like a cool unit and the price seems right, I was wondering if it would...

johannburkard
replies: 41 views: 6,245
moeze1 1 week ago

All. Are there any outboard EQs that are recommended specifically for acoustic guitar? I'd need two channels (stereo or twin...

DrShann
replies: 17 views: 5,258
GIACOMO-_ 2 weeks ago

Hello i'm new this, but would like to get to starting point... I've recorded several live performances for archival purposes and...

YSO
replies: 4 views: 462
studer58 2 weeks ago

Lady Gaga

Unusual mic technique for a U47 - it is pointing the wrong way

TonyF
replies: 48 views: 2,504
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

Looks like PMX might be 30% off for Black Friday, but it's very difficult to find a dealer open that...

Don S
replies: 19 views: 1,413
GIACOMO-_ 2 weeks ago

After reading a recent thread here, I took a whack at recording a chamber concert with two pairs of mics on the same bar - a DIN...

DCtoDaylight
replies: 104 views: 14,239
RayS 2 weeks ago

I need to up my game on video lighting. Currently just using a single led panel which is too small, too concentrated and too...

jnorman
replies: 20 views: 665
smslavin 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search