The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 308 views: 195,500
Remoteness 18th December 2019

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 6,416
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 424 views: 202,008
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 10,184
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 92,962
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 10,069
Remoteness 6th May 2006

A friend of mine sent me this video asking for my thoughts on how they recorded the...

[email protected]
replies: 13 views: 967
studer58 33 minutes ago

So I got some new speakers for my home system (Spendor A1) and they are supplemented with a sub. Over the last few months I have...

springer
replies: 12 views: 1,115
Rolo 46 36 minutes ago

I am a proud owner of a SCHOEPS MSTC 64 UG and that is a very fine microphone however I just discovered a similar mic for 99,-...

Gaston69
replies: 399 views: 154,846
studer58 40 minutes ago

Tonight, while packing up at Cadogan Hall here in London, I was unscrewing my MK4 capsule off of the RC700 tube I use on some of...

DaveyJones
replies: 16 views: 825
RobAnderson 2 hours ago

A bunch of short videos showing the scoring sessions from various movies, the Hans Zimmer ones are pretty engaging I wonder...

studer58
replies: 2 views: 398
pentagon 15 hours ago

I learned about the SX-M2D2 here (@Plush). While it looks like a cool unit and the price seems right, I was wondering if it would...

johannburkard
replies: 21 views: 1,350
SL1Ke 1 day ago

Transparent sound and preamps are nice , but sometimes a kind of "thick" sweetness can be welcome too (like for some...

ISedlacek
replies: 57 views: 3,040
studer58 1 day ago

Interesting discussion about the likelihood of consecutively numbered mics having matched performance

studer58
replies: 0 views: 796
studer58 1 day ago

Here's a new set of DPA binaural mics, using a pair of 4060 capsules:...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 535
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

A lot of time and effort was put into making this live performance music video! I trust all my friends and associates will find...

Remoteness
replies: 47 views: 3,671
studer58 1 day ago

So, you people using mics with rectangular capsules (Pearl & Milab et al), would you care to share your experiences with...

JonesH
replies: 98 views: 15,892
Plush 2 days ago

Dear all, Posting here instead of the Mastering forum, as this is really a Remote Classical project in its final stage....

apotheosis
replies: 2 views: 409
Riccardo 2 days ago

I've been tracking a grand piano in a church -- good piano, good room sound -- but I've been having issues with reflections in...

jsbeeth
replies: 91 views: 13,455
David Spearritt 3 days ago

Hey, I'm looking for some suggestions on how to record a concert chamber concert consisting of a string quartet or quintet plus...

Govier966
replies: 6 views: 560
Govier966 3 days ago

I'm experimenting with techniques for mic'ing a double bass. Aside from standards such as a large diaphragm condenser 1-2' in...

Ukiah Bass
replies: 32 views: 1,205
king2070lplaya 4 days ago

Hey, I frequently do live sound and also recordings in a smallish basement jazz club. there is a pair of Haun Cardoids in ORTF...

PeerSoe
replies: 32 views: 1,117
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

Here's my timeline... 1975 -- Hobby 1976 -- Hobby turns into serious interest. 1977 -- Serious interest turns into starting...

Remoteness
replies: 29 views: 1,185
joelpatterson 5 days ago

I'm intrigued. See 0:14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpXhlo0jK0

robert82
replies: 50 views: 1,854
David Spearritt 5 days ago

Been listening to the new Yuja Wang and Gautier Capucon Franck/Chopin CD and found an interview with the producer Michael Fine....

David Spearritt
replies: 6 views: 425
David Spearritt 6 days ago

This weekend I watched a concert from 2008 at the german channel Alpha - most of the times fantastic audio in surround. I was...

DirkP
replies: 8 views: 707
Remoteness 1 week ago

Does anyone here use the Schoeps RC active stands? There are certain live performance video situations where I would love having...

jnorman
replies: 40 views: 1,878
Remoteness 1 week ago

I’ve been using a borrowed pair of mkh80 for a few weeks now and I am astounded at how good they sound everywhere I use them. ...

NathanBarley
replies: 201 views: 13,331
Rolo 46 1 week ago

I saw the new Gefell m102 (similar to the m221, but with a 1" capsule) this past fall at AES and I have since been wondering...

lukedamrosch
replies: 2 views: 413
lukedamrosch 1 week ago

Hi! Anyone had a chance to compare the new schoeps cmc1 preamp with a cmc6 preamp on classical recordings? Do the new cmc1 sound...

Eirik
replies: 1 views: 426
ThousandMics 1 week ago

not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it seems like you guys might deal with this, so i'm giving it a shot. here's...

eor
replies: 45 views: 4,002
hughshouse 1 week ago

New release for NAMM .....probably aimed at ambient recordings, this recorder features 19 channels ( because 17 is just never...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 491
WiFiJeff 1 week ago

Anybody else having problems with the Sound Devices MixPre-10T? Got ours about ten days ago and it has not been a universal...

TonyF
replies: 110 views: 15,309
TVPostSound 1 week ago

Simple question - why did the Neumann KM83 have slots in it? My km183s, like other true pressure omnis, have no slots or...

jnorman
replies: 1 views: 361
dseetoo 1 week ago

Hey, is it a good idea to record the bass for two microphones, for two cabs of different brands, one microphone for one cab,...

Foretaste
replies: 5 views: 333
Remoteness 1 week ago

Since I've noticed several folks here are fans of Rens Heijnis and his Sonodore mics, I went looking around on his site and came...

voltronic
replies: 122 views: 13,282
Plush 1 week ago

For those interested, a quick overview of Studer mixer history, plus a fast-forward to Chandos and their use of the Vista today:...

studer58
replies: 14 views: 1,339
zamproject 1 week ago

Hello, I am a senior in high school who graduates in may. After exploring the many possibilities of college, I decided that...

Kyng_the_poet
replies: 26 views: 905
Kyng_the_poet 1 week ago

Remote recording is all about capturing a moment. If the moment is glorious and euphoric, that's a testament to the musicians and...

joelpatterson
replies: 21 views: 932
joelpatterson 1 week ago

Now that almost all of us are using DAW's of one type or another, I thought it would be interesting to see how many are now...

Roland
replies: 84 views: 6,078
Geoff Poulton 1 week ago

This ribbon mic has been around for about 7 years or more, but in this forum at least doesn't get much mention at all. It has a...

studer58
replies: 28 views: 3,082
Geoff Poulton 1 week ago

Hi! Im recording an orchestra and I will rent some microphones. I can chose between: Large diaphragm AKG C414 XLS Neumann...

elacarcel
replies: 76 views: 3,374
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi! I am thinking of buying a couple of Rode NTR´s for recording chamber music, choir, choir with chamber orchestra, and...

knuttta
replies: 56 views: 5,463
studer58 1 week ago

Hi all! Im about to record an orchestra and Im reading a lot about different possible arrays for the mics and just discover...

elacarcel
replies: 21 views: 889
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

This may be a long shot, but I’m wondering if anyone has insight into the specifics of how Fred Plaut approached these...

king2070lplaya
replies: 91 views: 3,968
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I have a pair of mk21’s that I want to use for room mics; was wondering what mic technique?

emenelton
replies: 9 views: 406
emenelton 2 weeks ago

Can you help identify the small cylindrical vocal mic used here on a 60's Dylan session, presumably CBS studios New York...

studer58
replies: 22 views: 1,264
studer58 2 weeks ago

Those of you who utilize the Faulkner four-mic-array (and its variants): What mic bars do you use? Let's see them all (including...

lyrictenor1
replies: 60 views: 6,239
Don S 2 weeks ago

Anyone compared transformer SQN say IV-S i thru iii vs V and later? I really liked the smooth sound of SQN especially on voice,...

whippoorwill
replies: 10 views: 1,394
Geoff Poulton 2 weeks ago

After years of trying out a ridiculous number of plugins, I have what I think is a fairly nice group of plugs that I use...

jnorman
replies: 11 views: 821
Plush 2 weeks ago

So we know that by creating impulse response wave files in a given space, we can use convolution algorithms to generate a reverb...

jnorman
replies: 54 views: 2,492
emrr 2 weeks ago

I've had a pair of CM3s for a couple of years and I'm really pleased with them as a main stereo pair (into a Zoom H6 for...

paulfromcamden
replies: 13 views: 1,104
cheu78 2 weeks ago

This is a matter of personal preference...I am just wondering what the consensus is. Normally I record piano mono and pan it...

Corran
replies: 57 views: 16,381
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I do love my HD600, but I'd like to get a good pair of in-ears for Ipod listening and critical listening in noisy...

huub
replies: 27 views: 4,216
bwanajim 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, this is my first post on Gearslutz. I mainly record "classical" music, using a Nagra IV-S tape recorder...

Momboisse
replies: 22 views: 1,536
bwanajim 2 weeks ago

Getting a new location recording set up for the occasional bits I do for my sound design work. Have been recommended the Senn...

mahoobley
replies: 19 views: 1,239
Folkie 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search