The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 426 views: 243,628
Remoteness 31st May 2020

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 15,058
huub 17th May 2020

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 313 views: 237,501
tourtelot 28th April 2020

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 18,631
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 114,328
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 18,534
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Good morning. I am an organist (and also a little audiophile...) and I want to buy equipment to properly record pipe organ in...

Organist
replies: 3 views: 128
Simmosonic 1 hour ago

Hi all, I've appreciated the "rectangular capsule users, unite!" and other threads here on the forums, but hope to get...

lukedamrosch
replies: 13 views: 843
Simmosonic 2 hours ago

Hi everyone. I posted a question recently regarding portable recorders and the mixpre seems the most favoured by a...

jjmmuir
replies: 53 views: 4,369
kevinQ 3 hours ago

I just had to cancel a recording session due to logistical reasons. The client originally wanted a recording of a quartet with...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 4 views: 313
deedeeyeah 5 hours ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 252 views: 9,364
Plush 6 hours ago

I'm starting a thread about this seriously ambitious project I have been working on for quite some time now. Since we can't...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 388
deedeeyeah 15 hours ago

As someone with little recording experience, I have been mulling over recording approaches for a Jazz-formation to be recorded...

MaHei
replies: 39 views: 1,634
Honkermann 1 day ago

Hi folks. I am the owner of a UHER Report Monitor reel to reel recorder. The unit was purchased in 1981 in Toronto and was used...

jacktadoussac
replies: 27 views: 13,160
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

Why doesn't the Microtech Gefell M930 get more love around here? I've been mixing some string tracks recorded with this mic, and...

matyas
replies: 56 views: 27,320
Earcatcher 2 days ago

Lady Gaga

Unusual mic technique for a U47 - it is pointing the wrong way

TonyF
replies: 37 views: 1,163
studer58 3 days ago

Anybody had hands on the new TASCAM DR-701D yet? I just saw it on Amazon. 4-XLR, Stereo MiniTRS inputs; HDMI passthrough, all the...

hbphotoav
replies: 14 views: 807
2manyrocks 4 days ago

Since years I own the KMS-105 I didn't use often, but I loved it. What I noticed is that the output audio level is very...

TORMY
replies: 5 views: 168
TORMY 4 days ago

I figured we should have a 'show & tell style' drum kit mic'ing thread where we can share our techniques and ideas with the...

Remoteness
replies: 62 views: 3,394
Remoteness 5 days ago

I purchased both and sampled both yesterday during an orchestral recording session. Sound Devices MixPre 10’s preamps are...

supoUSA
replies: 50 views: 5,225
over-man 6 days ago

Hello, Last weekend I recorded an organ in concert in a church with a pair of Schoeps MK 2H . It was a very big organ,...

Eric D
replies: 48 views: 1,210
Eric D 6 days ago

One mic, a pair or a 3506 kit. D.

tourtelot
replies: 3 views: 324
apotheosis 1 week ago

This is some neat stuff... some of it was "Yeah... I do that..." and some of it was "Whoa... cool." DIY...

hbphotoav
replies: 11 views: 552
garysjo 1 week ago

I'm currently on the lookout for a mkh 416 for a web series (drama) I need to buy one soon, and I've found a few on ebay that...

TheBlueOne
replies: 32 views: 7,959
JamesClark1991 1 week ago

Here's a blind test featuring Rode's latest (and greatest?) shotgun mic. Just for fun see if you can determine which mic is...

JamesClark1991
replies: 20 views: 916
MandoBastardo 1 week ago

I'm trying to select a Great DAW for Editing classical music... and would love some advice. I've been using ProTools, but...

bove
replies: 172 views: 19,381
cohler 1 week ago

Hi all Longtime lurker (ie. 12 years + !!), never bothered to make an account or post until now. About 9 years ago I put...

MangeLesDoux
replies: 40 views: 1,417
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

The latest Zoom handheld recorder looks like a piece of military...

studer58
replies: 13 views: 712
studer58 1 week ago

A young friend asked me today how long it takes, typically, to edit a classical CD. I've done a few but A) I'm usually the...

Richard Black
replies: 74 views: 4,718
Falcon1 1 week ago

Had a rare opportunity to record simultaneously the same line output to both a Zoom f8n and a MixPre6. The input trim on the...

RobAnderson
replies: 10 views: 476
IronFilm 1 week ago

Hello, I'm trying to replace the original Fujitsu drive of my Edirol R-4 Pro with a solid state drive with no luck so far. I was...

lamacchiacosta
replies: 13 views: 3,729
Pepo 1 week ago

See MixPre-10M Sounds like a musician-oriented version of the MixPre-10; they'll also offer a "musician plugin" for...

bradh
replies: 366 views: 30,294
Rolo 46 1 week ago

Watching Hillary Hahn play is always fun. Seeing her play into a pair of Schoeps CCM is even more fun for me, a Schoeps CCM...

RayHeath
replies: 12 views: 571
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I am checking out Neumann's latest additions to their KM series small-diaphragm series. Wanted to know if anyone out there...

king2070lplaya
replies: 14 views: 2,447
lukedamrosch 2 weeks ago

Hello Remote folks, Here’s my situation: I’m looking to add a versatile pair to my mic kit. Though I like vibey gear and...

alexevans917
replies: 95 views: 2,588
hbphotoav 2 weeks ago

Hello, all! As the Fall season begins to loom large over many of our schedules, I know that I am not alone in beginning to...

tuba_noise
replies: 16 views: 689
Honkermann 2 weeks ago

Hi all, so I'll be making some videos soon of vocalists performing arias with very small chamber accompaniment (thing...

DaveyJones
replies: 4 views: 293
studer58 2 weeks ago

I'm intrigued. See 0:14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpXhlo0jK0

robert82
replies: 73 views: 4,618
David Spearritt 2 weeks ago

Do you guys offer digital downloads of your shows or events that you record? My daughter's dance teacher approached me about...

JCBigler
replies: 2 views: 314
DrReid 2 weeks ago

Recently I received a new master piece - a new generation among my "spherical violins" that brings a completely new...

ISedlacek
replies: 129 views: 11,377
ISedlacek 2 weeks ago

Hi! I need a wide cardiod pair and a diffuse field omni pair for recording classical music in a church where a high frequency...

knuttta
replies: 36 views: 2,575
lukedamrosch 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, Can you recommend a neutral-sounding microphone for a young female vocal student? My daughters, while young, both...

P.F. and co
replies: 8 views: 452
chris661 2 weeks ago

I thought it might be worth devoting a thread to videos (or archived live streams) made in this time of social distancing. Please...

studer58
replies: 55 views: 4,319
studer58 3 weeks ago

Can you help identify the small cylindrical vocal mic used here on a 60's Dylan session, presumably CBS studios New York...

studer58
replies: 29 views: 2,032
pentagon 3 weeks ago

6.5 foot grand piano in a smallish room with some realtraps treatment. A last minute recording request so not huge time to...

maestro
replies: 3 views: 544
hbphotoav 3 weeks ago

Hello, all! Watched a video on "The Youtube" last night that rekindled my interest in these units. Is the Sony...

K.Lastima
replies: 13 views: 1,451
bonzo75 3 weeks ago

Hello everybody, happy to be here again. :-) 1) After many years I am about to upgrade my electronic devices including my old...

Mr.Metronome
replies: 3 views: 594
IronFilm 3 weeks ago

I greatly enjoyed spending an hour with a great interview of one of the principal members of the legendary "Wrecking...

Richard Crowley
replies: 7 views: 1,181
studer58 3 weeks ago

6.5 foot grand piano in a smallish room with some realtraps treatment. A last minute recording request so not huge time to...

maestro
replies: 9 views: 888
maestro 3 weeks ago

I will be recording a live-streamed piano series and will need a mixer with a minimum of 4 xlr inputs to connect the mics (stereo...

MattG1987
replies: 23 views: 1,077
NathanBarley 4 weeks ago

I’m in a situation where I will be touring and will spending a lot of time in hotels. I would like to be able to record vocals...

ag75
replies: 9 views: 501
Folkie 4 weeks ago

Hi! For Norways national day, I will be doing a recording of some Grieg songs with piano and baryton in Grieg´s villa. I have...

knuttta
replies: 5 views: 745
Issadore 4 weeks ago

Mkh 8030

So any news on this mic existing?...

JamesClark1991
replies: 365 views: 26,626
studer58 4 weeks ago

Hello everybody, I will record a string quartet this Wednesday and Friday. It's for a pop-classical project with a singer,...

Adagietto
replies: 30 views: 1,207
Honkermann 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone! Direct-powered microphones (such as DPA4003, 4041S, and similar) are known for its top-notch sound performance,...

Dan Reso
replies: 30 views: 1,560
Dan Reso 4 weeks ago

Hey, all. I've been doing a fair amount of orchestral and choir recording the past couple years. I've been getting decent results...

seanmccoy
replies: 70 views: 3,487
Klimermonk 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search