The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 435 views: 246,840
soundguyrecltd 1 week ago

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 314 views: 240,263
JaMProductionsNM 15th August 2020

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 16,529
huub 17th May 2020

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 20,120
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 116,191
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 20,054
Remoteness 6th May 2006

For those of you who record and/or play piano: Tragedy has struck Angela Hewitt as her trusted moving company destroyed her...

Bruce Watson
replies: 43 views: 2,151
dseetoo 12 minutes ago

Hi guys, I've been given an opportunity to shoot the video of a solo cello performance in a concert hall. I would like to...

rueyloon
replies: 13 views: 193
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

I just moved to LA and I'm helping a friend record a jazz sextet this Wednesday at an art gallery. I'm curious how some of you...

over-man
replies: 68 views: 3,507
over-man 1 hour ago

This sounds really beautiful, sweet, rich, full. Exceptional. With a bit unusual mics position ? (below the violin). Are these...

ISedlacek
replies: 24 views: 562
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

I work for a local symphony orchestra and am a recording hobbyist on the side. We recently got a COVID-related grant to upgrade...

ChrisAC95
replies: 9 views: 597
voltronic 2 hours ago

anyone knows this? ribbon ? I've seen it somewhere but can't remember ?? R

RayS
replies: 19 views: 298
studer58 2 hours ago

For an upcoming string quartet recording session (with video, non-concert) what factors might steer you towards either Jecklin...

studer58
replies: 36 views: 1,186
studer58 2 hours ago

Inevitably-- inevitably-- there will be the mashup of my dreams on Youtube. It's hard to say what the copyright state of things...

joelpatterson
replies: 1 views: 85
studer58 3 hours ago

I purchased both and sampled both yesterday during an orchestral recording session. Sound Devices MixPre 10’s preamps are...

supoUSA
replies: 58 views: 6,699
over-man 6 hours ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 142 views: 9,298
studer58 17 hours ago

Hi, here is some quick and dirty 320kbits mp3 example for the noise level of the 4090 in comparison to the noise level of the...

leifislive
replies: 39 views: 17,495
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Hi, I recently was asked to put up a quick livestream on FB. I must admit that, given my all time lack of taste for whatever...

Ivanhoe
replies: 4 views: 266
didier.brest 1 day ago

So I'm recording solo pedal harp, classical repertoire. Here are some photos of my mic setup and I'd love opinions. You will...

maestro
replies: 12 views: 493
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Here's my timeline... 1975 -- Hobby 1976 -- Hobby turns into serious interest. 1977 -- Serious interest turns into starting...

Remoteness
replies: 31 views: 1,682
Remoteness 1 day ago

Hi! This is mid side with mid being Neumann km143 (wide cardiod) and fig 8 Neumann 120. Placement is utside the curve, app...

knuttta
replies: 2 views: 245
knuttta 1 day ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,189 views: 37,807
studer58 2 days ago

Hi! My first attempt at ms as main pair. Neumann 120/184. Also had omnis 67cm on same bar to add bass and weight to the...

knuttta
replies: 12 views: 562
brhoward 2 days ago

Had a rare opportunity to record simultaneously the same line output to both a Zoom f8n and a MixPre6. The input trim on the...

RobAnderson
replies: 11 views: 953
classicalguitari 2 days ago

Good morning. I want to ask if anyone has experience recording solo grand piano with Ehrlund, Pearl and Thuresson microphones. or...

stage12
replies: 11 views: 546
elegentdrum 3 days ago

We discuss mics all the time, but don’t often go into the details of the rest of our signal chain to record and post process...

jnorman
replies: 29 views: 3,821
Tommy-boy 4 days ago

Hello,. I am considering buying vst connect pro however I don't know if it's possible to record multiple musicians in there...

David 123
replies: 2 views: 576
Tommy-boy 4 days ago

In these strange times Im exploring the latest GarageBand iteration after a colleague mentioned it as useful. Its basically...

Rolo 46
replies: 1 views: 250
Rolo 46 5 days ago

I got a gig mixing several performances of a summer festival rendition Damn Yankees and I'm a little nervous going in, mostly...

kweinberg
replies: 43 views: 16,118
hughshouse 5 days ago

I’ve had the unfortunate reality of having not one but two motherboard failures in my PC running windows 10. The board and...

gee the bass
replies: 10 views: 380
westom 5 days ago

So I won about $1000 CAD gambling last week (gambling winnings aren't generally taxed in Canada unless you're...

Dohreetoh
replies: 6 views: 545
dasbin 5 days ago

Why doesn't the Microtech Gefell M930 get more love around here? I've been mixing some string tracks recorded with this mic, and...

matyas
replies: 134 views: 34,635
lukedamrosch 6 days ago

Recommendations for headphones for classical editing/location recording? I'm mainly recording myself (cello) or my own small...

Cello94
replies: 115 views: 4,939
JGebauer 6 days ago

I'm going to be recording an iso timpani track for a "virtual ensemble" type project. In the Decca book's treatment...

Neil Bliss
replies: 9 views: 511
studer58 1 week ago

I currently have pairs of Schoeps cmc6/mk21 and Neumann km a/kk184 in the studio, but no real way to do any testing of setups...

jnorman
replies: 9 views: 556
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Granted this is the best acoustic space in the West but i think its a very fair argument that Shawn Murphy is an undeniable...

Pickett
replies: 132 views: 5,899
RayS 1 week ago

Hello Fellow Recording enthusiasts, We recently moved to another house where I use Bay Window / Sun lounge (2m x 4m) for...

Gaston69
replies: 14 views: 438
flextone 1 week ago

One of my wife’s flute students, who is now in Princeton, was featured on Amy Faust’s “On Deck” young artist segment on...

jnorman
replies: 3 views: 531
adomaimamelneach 1 week ago

Hi everyone, Has anyone here tried using the XVIVE P1 with a SONY PCM D100 for location recording with a condenser mic that...

khyamallami
replies: 1 views: 412
adomaimamelneach 1 week ago

In times of Covid collaboration is not really possible... I really think about getting myself into remote recording and the...

Mat Deimann
replies: 5 views: 549
JGebauer 1 week ago

Starting a thread for a dear friend of mine on here, so that we all might have a space to discuss Philip Siney’s piano...

king2070lplaya
replies: 31 views: 1,484
carpa 1 week ago

My Father's Place, Roslyn, NY. The Waitresses. Just heard this show. Was this Steve Remote's work? Tell us all about it. ...

tourtelot
replies: 9 views: 464
nobtwiddler 1 week ago

Select MKH Series Microphones are being Discontinued. In an effort to further streamline its portfolio, Sennheiser has...

Remoteness
replies: 9 views: 548
David Rick 1 week ago

Why not M149 for a main? Another 'how would you do it?' thread Because i like to read those threads a lot, here is my ‘How...

seedee701
replies: 7 views: 416
apotheosis 1 week ago

I was looking at the schoeps schematics for the OCT arrays was wondering, due to the extreme closeness of the strings to the...

RayS
replies: 10 views: 398
RayS 1 week ago

Inspirata is a convolution-based reverb control platform similar to altiverb offering advanced locational adjustments. Has...

jnorman
replies: 12 views: 869
gregh 1 week ago

Hello all, PLEASE HELP! LOL. I am new to this whole thing (and admittedly pretty dumb when it comes to electronics) I am building...

Artista_CO
replies: 0 views: 24
Artista_CO 1 week ago

Hey audio pros, I haven't posted in a long while mostly because of boring corporate gigs but this December has been quite busy...

Mats H
replies: 25 views: 1,130
knuttta 1 week ago

Hi! Sorry if this have been covered earlier, but couldn't find it. I have a possible deal on a Pearl DS 70, a mic that I...

knuttta
replies: 5 views: 317
Rolo 46 1 week ago

Nice to see a new range of useful arms join the marketplace:...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 265
studer58 1 week ago

As many if you good folks know, I specialize in on location live performance recording, production and broadcasting. Whether it's...

Remoteness
replies: 5 views: 394
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi all I just stumbled across this concert recording of the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra at Elbphilharmonie here in...

RFrommann
replies: 4 views: 407
GIACOMO-_ 1 week ago

Hiya, I have the SD722 and the rode NT5As, and now I'm looking for a few more cheap, used mics to try out on my random hiking...

smoke_thief
replies: 9 views: 432
metalsquirrel 2 weeks ago

I ran across this nice resource this morning and wanted to share. I have seen many visual representations of how various...

jnorman
replies: 3 views: 402
over-man 2 weeks ago

Before the pandemic the amount of remote recordings we were doing dropped off considerably. This was due to a lot of factors....

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 18 views: 859
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

I was interested in trying out some new options for a Kick Out mic (not in the sub kick/moon mic realm). Thoughts on the...

BarefootDrummer
replies: 0 views: 230
BarefootDrummer 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search