The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 3,569
Remoteness 4 weeks ago

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 424 views: 187,131
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 7,344
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 85,366
Remoteness 28th August 2019

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 304 views: 180,014
deedeeyeah 22nd August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 7,234
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Hey! I thought an album I made with my sister and friends entitled Waiting Rooms may interest the die-hard location recordists...

elswhrco
replies: 13 views: 869
Darkwing2 57 minutes ago

For those interested, a quick overview of Studer mixer history, plus a fast-forward to Chandos and their use of the Vista today:...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 428
Darkwing2 1 hour ago

Hi! Anybody has tried the Nevaton MC59 microphones? I was surprised by the ridiculously low self noise and the reasonable price.

gonzalo1004es
replies: 7 views: 429
studer58 6 hours ago

Do you have some good experience with some recording techniques, mics placement etc. resulting in full, sweet, resonating sound...

ISedlacek
replies: 36 views: 1,318
studer58 6 hours ago

I’ve been using a borrowed pair of mkh80 for a few weeks now and I am astounded at how good they sound everywhere I use them. ...

NathanBarley
replies: 181 views: 10,654
dseetoo 10 hours ago

Hey, I'm a drummer with too much gear who's slowly turning into a live and remote engineer... I've done quite a number of live...

PeerSoe
replies: 6 views: 765
PeerSoe 15 hours ago

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm gonna dive right in. I've read a lot on bluegrass miking but I haven't found anything...

LoveBluegrass
replies: 9 views: 389
Bushman 21 hours ago

Hello, I'm about to record live a vibraphone ( 3 octave ) in a trio context. Vibraphone on the left side , viole de gambe in...

Nomadrecording
replies: 13 views: 1,195
konstantine 1 day ago

I came across an eBay listing for the now-discontinued AKG CBL99 boundary layer mic, and was surprised to see proudly labeled on...

studer58
replies: 67 views: 6,332
studer58 1 day ago

So I recorded a woodwind quintet today. They were all quite good musicians who should be well aware of the intricacies of their...

jnorman
replies: 101 views: 3,154
Noisewagon 1 day ago

Hi guys & gals! I have been tasked with an upcoming live Holiday concert for a local chorale in December and have a...

AVProducer
replies: 20 views: 843
Papanate 1 day ago

Hi, everyone. I have been reading Gearslutz assiduously for a long time, but this is my first post. I am a self-taught...

WBS
replies: 7 views: 581
DrReid 1 day ago

Hi! A long time reader here on Gearslutz, and I have learnt a lot from it. So thanks to everyone who is contributing! I have a...

whirl
replies: 37 views: 5,753
dseetoo 1 day ago

I bought the Acon Deverberate plugin to assist in minimizing the “small room” sound I have to deal with on so many recordings...

jnorman
replies: 16 views: 636
didier.brest 2 days ago

Basic question here: How many location AE's here can read and follow an electronic schematic? Do you find it's helpful in...

Jim Williams
replies: 26 views: 764
Given To Fly 2 days ago

Hi, I love to shot movies and now I want to upgrade my equiptment. I have a quite good Sony Camcoder ( HXR-NX30E ) but the...

Lalusch
replies: 20 views: 1,017
birdboy500 2 days ago

*with inbuilt mics. I.e. handy recorders. There are a few threads about this but they are a few years old now. Purpose:...

Barncore
replies: 32 views: 6,742
birdboy500 2 days ago

Basic question here: How many location AE's here know how to read a chart and follow along with the conductor? Do you find...

Jim Williams
replies: 45 views: 1,889
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Here's a review of the new Extinct audio passive ribbon mics (complete with ears !), made in the UK and inspired by the revered...

studer58
replies: 58 views: 5,522
Kumbari 3 days ago

Hi I am looking for suggestions for mic's for tenor voices. Needs to be SDC for the visual aspect. I am currently using...

THE_NIK
replies: 12 views: 841
AP Productions 4 days ago

Was wondering if those environmentally unfriendly dish cleaning sponges (with the scouring layer) could be used to make a DIY...

Mr Funk
replies: 6 views: 264
studer58 5 days ago

Hello all! I just purchased a pair of Lewitt LCT 640 TS microphones. These are the ones that will put out the rear capsule audio...

RPC
replies: 9 views: 1,215
Slow Learner 5 days ago

As a semi-professional, a perennial struggle are mostly church or live recordings that are good, close to great, but certainly...

dizziness
replies: 3 views: 538
philper 5 days ago

I believe these should be shipping about now, wondered if anyone had chance to try it out yet? They say it has same quality...

TSM
replies: 2 views: 343
Plush 5 days ago

A lot of time and effort was put into making this live performance music video! I trust all my friends and associates will find...

Remoteness
replies: 33 views: 2,402
Remoteness 6 days ago

Hey all, I do a limited but steady amount of remote work, most of it for a local high school. For years I've been using a pair...

nightchef
replies: 16 views: 781
Sounds Great 6 days ago

Hello fellow Slutz, Recently I found this wonderful website of Mr. Kazuya Nagae (The Research on Classical Music...

Julian J. Ludwig
replies: 12 views: 649
DaveyJones 6 days ago

A sincere thank you to the entire Folk family and beyond! Sending much love and kindness to each and everyone of you... 60...

Remoteness
replies: 2 views: 275
Remoteness 1 week ago

Tabula Rasa frag, on a Pearl DS mid/side 60 and a SD 702 via a Sonosax SX6 and a 3 ch matrix. 10' up. 10 ' away from centre...

Rolo 46
replies: 4 views: 508
Rolo 46 1 week ago

I just got the test lacquers for my 'Bill Burr: 50, Live from Madison Square Garden' double vinyl comedy record that I'm...

Remoteness
replies: 7 views: 668
Remoteness 1 week ago

How would you approach this in general terms: a nice church acoustic, session (not concert) with soprano singer accompanied by...

studer58
replies: 41 views: 2,151
Ulrich 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I have a TL;DR at the end with the core question, but for anyone who has time to read the backstory, I deeply...

kaszimir
replies: 19 views: 1,486
Remoteness 1 week ago

solo lute recital soon, baroque repertoire...anyone here have recommendations regarding mic type, spacing, distance etc ? I...

studer58
replies: 73 views: 3,287
Stradivariusz 1 week ago

Well, there are a lot of threads about mic lockers, but I don't believe I've seen one dedicated to the location recording...

Remoteness
replies: 126 views: 21,388
James Lehmann 1 week ago

For those who'd like an insight into Steve the man: his history, his recording approach and philosophy and a peek into his truck...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 890
Remoteness 1 week ago

Just got MixPre3 and notice a quality drop using battery power (4xAA) vs. usb power. Anyone know if this gets better using the...

hebjam
replies: 7 views: 675
TC2 1 week ago

Fun Fact: In the 1980s, Van Halen had a specific clause in their tour rider, which stated that there must not be any...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 932
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

As of late, I noticed that I'm not the only person writing new posts to old threads... Thank you for taking the time to...

Remoteness
replies: 11 views: 55,288
Remoteness 1 week ago

Recently I received a new master piece - a new generation among my "spherical violins" that brings a completely new...

ISedlacek
replies: 80 views: 4,720
boojum 2 weeks ago

I am a proud owner of a SCHOEPS MSTC 64 UG and that is a very fine microphone however I just discovered a similar mic for 99,-...

Gaston69
replies: 379 views: 151,638
studer58 2 weeks ago

I have three or four differently configured small rigs I bring out, depending, from the same well of gear, so sadly I'm always...

rboy
replies: 20 views: 1,228
studer58 2 weeks ago

This weekend, I am recording the Tulsa Symphony Orchestra for their final classics concert of the season as they...

JCBigler
replies: 33 views: 2,119
JCBigler 2 weeks ago

Hi! I want to put a wheels on a few road-cases I own. These cases are not for touring. They are hardly ever used. Just...

jimj3114
replies: 9 views: 568
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

A rich and dramatic coloratura in a medium sizes hall with a good Steinway. Her voice is rich and harmonic. I wish perhaps I...

Rolo 46
replies: 15 views: 1,574
dseetoo 2 weeks ago

It was a popular Decca technique to use a single spot microphone behind the horn section (yes behind) to capture some direct...

rumleymusic
replies: 86 views: 7,260
seanmccoy 2 weeks ago

Hi Folks, Long time lurker, and fairly new to the Remote Possibilities Forum. I’ve done vague searches on the topic and...

Gallagher1819
replies: 6 views: 771
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

I’m not sure what the problem was, but the sound was F’d –up. Especially the vocals. Sounded like the singers...

Cap'n Spanky
replies: 35 views: 8,764
Kimdu59 2 weeks ago

I love, love, love the feature set of the Zoom L-20 for DAW recording @ 44.1K, but I also love good audio. To that end, I wonder...

Confusionator
replies: 4 views: 1,606
Peller 2 weeks ago

Just came across a rather interesting pair of recordings: http://www.2l.no/pages/album/139.html It's the same Bach released in...

ithinknot
replies: 2 views: 664
Orgeltonmeister 3 weeks ago

Hi folks, I need a shock mount that will hold two SDC's in an ORTF clip. I'm trying to decide between the Rycote INV-7, or the...

swduncan
replies: 18 views: 787
John Willett 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search