The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 308 views: 203,520
Remoteness 18th December 2019

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 7,915
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 424 views: 209,914
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 11,687
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 97,032
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 11,560
Remoteness 6th May 2006

I've had a pair of CM3s for a couple of years and I'm really pleased with them as a main stereo pair (into a Zoom H6 for...

paulfromcamden
replies: 20 views: 1,433
seanmccoy 19 minutes ago

Hi, I've been doing some chamber ensemble recordings, mainly quartets/quintets, trios, etc., and usually strings. I've started...

Erichx
replies: 78 views: 17,202
dtf 45 minutes ago

I am recording a Steinway grand in a fairly small living room, about 20x15 with 8 ft ceiling. There is carpeting, couches, etc......

[email protected]
replies: 33 views: 7,150
jimjazzdad 3 hours ago

Zoom have an updated version of the H4N, the H4N Pro. Specs here on the Zoom web...

Johnmack
replies: 3 views: 3,556
Krollman 4 hours ago

Thought this would be the forum to use for this. Anyway. Does anyone have any information on the signal chain used for this...

robert82
replies: 14 views: 2,058
Kirk_ 16 hours ago

Hi, y'all, I've learned over time how increasing height has a really strong influence over the timbre of certain instruments....

SG_OC
replies: 11 views: 790
NorseHorse 23 hours ago

I learned about the SX-M2D2 here (@Plush). While it looks like a cool unit and the price seems right, I was wondering if it would...

johannburkard
replies: 22 views: 1,850
Eric D 1 day ago

Hi! I was wondering if anybody around here has any info on the microphones used for this set of...

gonzalo1004es
replies: 2 views: 348
gonzalo1004es 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for people's thoughts on the Shure VP88. I have not been able to find much on this microphone, which...

Thetal0n
replies: 6 views: 968
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

We discuss mics all the time, but don’t often go into the details of the rest of our signal chain to record and post process...

jnorman
replies: 14 views: 955
tenorfran 1 day ago

So I did a Decca Tree Recording Jan 23rd 2019. Implemented techniques, criticism, advice and insults I was offered here and am...

emenelton
replies: 31 views: 1,659
emenelton 1 day ago

I am finding that I play in a lot of situations where the acoustic piano is not loud enough to cut through the band, even though...

esiegel
replies: 5 views: 545
loujudson 1 day ago

Hi all, I have read a few other things elsewhere online on this topic, but wanted to quickly get a sense of the collective...

lukedamrosch
replies: 12 views: 1,020
bremusound 2 days ago

Dear folks, please post details on your spaced omnis setup, like the mics you use, the distance between them when doing small...

Lucas_G
replies: 31 views: 3,085
John Willett 2 days ago

I'm very curious to hear some other forum members’ insights about this. What are the techniques that people are using these...

BrianHanke
replies: 240 views: 47,103
Fridberg 3 days ago

I'm doing a remote session where the run is pretty short, but it passes by a doorway. I could bring a heavy snake, but the one I...

Osumosan
replies: 15 views: 671
studer58 3 days ago

It was a popular Decca technique to use a single spot microphone behind the horn section (yes behind) to capture some direct...

rumleymusic
replies: 87 views: 7,892
Geoff Poulton 4 days ago

Recently in Paris used the 'Floorcatcher 2.0 array' to record a massive pipe organ. Seems to work nice to capture a performance...

heva
replies: 7 views: 794
heva 4 days ago

If you are only allowed to keep one pair of microphones with you, any microphone at all, for the rest of your recording career,...

dseetoo
replies: 85 views: 6,003
Julian J. Ludwig 5 days ago

Hello all, I am considering purchasing a pair of MK22 capsules sometime later this year for the CMC6 bodies I currently use...

lukedamrosch
replies: 62 views: 8,726
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

So I got some new speakers for my home system (Spendor A1) and they are supplemented with a sub. Over the last few months I have...

springer
replies: 18 views: 2,141
Geoff Poulton 5 days ago

I had used MKH 800 on two occasions and I am very impressed with the sound captured on acoustic instruments with this mic. I...

nOiz
replies: 77 views: 28,747
dseetoo 1 week ago

Great version of Mama Africa featuring Peter Tosh's son Andrew These guys take their remote possiblities seriously! I hope...

omega75
replies: 15 views: 793
norfolksoundman9 1 week ago

A friend of mine sent me this video asking for my thoughts on how they recorded the...

[email protected]
replies: 18 views: 1,584
[email protected] 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
jimjazzdad 1 week ago

Hi friends, I’m wondering if anyone can tell me which is the better choice for a TLM193, the WS2 or WS89? Neumann...

king2070lplaya
replies: 3 views: 638
king2070lplaya 1 week ago

Well by jimminy I was so proud that from my cramped little corner of the chapel, I managed to get photos of all the different...

joelpatterson
replies: 26 views: 1,963
Paul T 702 1 week ago

Anybody else having problems with the Sound Devices MixPre-10T? Got ours about ten days ago and it has not been a universal...

TonyF
replies: 111 views: 16,223
tenagasuryafisk 1 week ago

A lot of time and effort was put into making this live performance music video! I trust all my friends and associates will find...

Remoteness
replies: 50 views: 4,231
ToastTBCFuse 1 week ago

I'm intrigued. See 0:14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpXhlo0jK0

robert82
replies: 72 views: 3,650
celticrogues 1 week ago

Hi there, Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I was wondering if anyone can ID this microphone. At first I thought Shire...

Robantden
replies: 2 views: 798
hbphotoav 1 week ago

I am a proud owner of a SCHOEPS MSTC 64 UG and that is a very fine microphone however I just discovered a similar mic for 99,-...

Gaston69
replies: 401 views: 156,574
heva 1 week ago

So, you people using mics with rectangular capsules (Pearl & Milab et al), would you care to share your experiences with...

JonesH
replies: 112 views: 17,233
Fridberg 1 week ago
replies: 0 views: 687
studer58 1 week ago

I'm trying to select a Great DAW for Editing classical music... and would love some advice. I've been using ProTools, but...

bove
replies: 75 views: 9,797
cohler 1 week ago

Hi all, I am hoping to get some input from various users here to inform my decision-making process. For the past couple of...

lukedamrosch
replies: 34 views: 2,188
lukedamrosch 1 week ago

Hi just wondering if anyone else besides me is into the ECM label, and particularly engineers Jan Erik Kongshaug, and Martin...

zarembo
replies: 150 views: 28,633
over-man 1 week ago

Anyone compared transformer SQN say IV-S i thru iii vs V and later? I really liked the smooth sound of SQN especially on voice,...

whippoorwill
replies: 15 views: 1,886
Geoff Poulton 1 week ago

I'd usually, and always have been, one of those people who'd swear that no namby-pamby neurotic anxiety of the Most Squeamish...

joelpatterson
replies: 31 views: 1,281
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

For those of you who record and/or play piano: Tragedy has struck Angela Hewitt as her trusted moving company destroyed her...

Bruce Watson
replies: 3 views: 532
dseetoo 1 week ago

Who will raise their rates after winning a Grammy? In the past, the answer was NO ONE. (except me). When I asked them why not,...

Plush
replies: 153 views: 7,688
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

This thread is suposed to be a fair Tribute to engineer Jan Erik Kongshaug . It's itended to share comments about his ECM...

fossaree
replies: 32 views: 7,279
robert82 2 weeks ago

Recently I received a new master piece - a new generation among my "spherical violins" that brings a completely new...

ISedlacek
replies: 114 views: 7,693
over-man 2 weeks ago

I thought the hints and pictures (link below) herein might be of general interest...not to mention the stand and boom bearing a...

studer58
replies: 2 views: 596
loujudson 2 weeks ago

Transparent sound and preamps are nice , but sometimes a kind of "thick" sweetness can be welcome too (like for some...

ISedlacek
replies: 65 views: 4,531
snod_donkey 2 weeks ago

I watched the entire show with my wife. It was sort of strange in several ways. The audio portion had cuts in the entire...

Jim Williams
replies: 49 views: 2,620
lukedamrosch 2 weeks ago

I've been using direct to disk recorders but I realise that for future flexibility (more readily available ins - outs, occasional...

Lorenzop
replies: 23 views: 2,800
RoyFan 2 weeks ago

Those of you who utilize the Faulkner four-mic-array (and its variants): What mic bars do you use? Let's see them all (including...

lyrictenor1
replies: 61 views: 6,788
tenorfran 2 weeks ago

Any thoughts or people who have used the Rode NTR as vocal spot microphone in a small-spaced AB or MS or Blumlein?

apotheosis
replies: 20 views: 3,374
celticrogues 2 weeks ago

Hi guys! Just got the first master of my recording with a session orchestra. I would love to hear from you how can I tell the...

elacarcel
replies: 8 views: 578
Don S 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search