The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 315 views: 241,843
rmx16 3rd March 2021

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 440 views: 248,839
JCBigler 10th February 2021

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 17,260
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 20,941
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 117,178
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 20,797
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Good morning. I am an organist (and also a little audiophile...) and I want to buy equipment to properly record pipe organ in...

Organist
replies: 119 views: 5,057
Falcon1 1 hour ago

This tale, like all coming-of-age stories, is centered around a kind of naivete, you could say stupidity, that is suddenly...

joelpatterson
replies: 2 views: 71
Klimermonk 1 hour ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 160 views: 11,414
king2070lplaya 2 hours ago

I see that Rode have responded to user requests with firmware which allows the new dual channel Wireless Go II to record directly...

studer58
replies: 31 views: 438
studer58 4 hours ago

Select MKH Series Microphones are being Discontinued. In an effort to further streamline its portfolio, Sennheiser has...

Remoteness
replies: 10 views: 1,084
JamesClark1991 4 hours ago

What is a "Gearslutz Fact?" I am increasingly concerned about what I term a "Gearslutz Fact." What is that,...

Plush
replies: 69 views: 4,873
joelpatterson 5 hours ago

Some here might find this video engaging, it's Tom Fine giving an AES presentation in Nov 2020 on his parent's recording methods...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 93
studer58 11 hours ago

I’ve been asked to record a solo cello performance, both video and audio, under some challenging circumstances. The room is...

Mediakobo
replies: 34 views: 507
Mediakobo 13 hours ago

Sometime in the coming months, I'll have the chance to sit in while a number of opera singers & coaches practice and do solo...

tessitura
replies: 2 views: 81
tessitura 15 hours ago

Zylia ZM-1 spherical 19-element mic array...looks intriguing, although reading behind the review it seems the software support...

studer58
replies: 76 views: 7,174
josephson 19 hours ago

Hi Just a question regarding pricing strategy. I run a mobile recording company. I started the company with a good friend and...

musicmixer04
replies: 17 views: 856
Jackobson 1 day ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,263 views: 43,529
Folkie 1 day ago

For an upcoming Ballet filming ..the production company is bringing in a VR 360 degrees team...... the audio tracks that will be...

RayS
replies: 3 views: 116
RayS 1 day ago

Hi Chaps For 10 yrs Ive been recording/ archiving my local Festival of Contemporary Music . CD has been the medium I...

Rolo 46
replies: 50 views: 975
studer58 2 days ago

Hello. Last year my (symphony)orchestra invested in some baseline recording equipment ( Zoom F6 & 2x Oktava MK 012-01...

Wagnard
replies: 26 views: 533
kludgeaudio 2 days ago

This is audio creme brulee with a glass of brandy. Just a nice interlude, a respite from the noise of recent events. DG keeps on...

Rob 28
replies: 9 views: 337
studer58 2 days ago

Hi, just checking, can the MixPre-3 be used with an iPhone 12 as an interface? As in, for recording microphones? I've found...

Ktc98
replies: 3 views: 429
tessitura 2 days ago

Gefell finally makes a 221 capsule omni for music recording. Whose only competition right now is the Josephson C617. I would...

rumleymusic
replies: 47 views: 10,760
Folkie 3 days ago

Janis sings (er, swallows the mic) twice in the first 25 mins of this episode: YouTube I wonder if that's because, no matter...

studer58
replies: 18 views: 1,506
studer58 3 days ago

I learned about the SX-M2D2 here (@Plush). While it looks like a cool unit and the price seems right, I was wondering if it would...

johannburkard
replies: 80 views: 10,293
Little Obba 3 days ago

I'm would appear to need a bass spot mic for orchestral recordings. Right now were using a pair of Violet design Black Knights...

JonesH
replies: 45 views: 6,947
jimjazzdad 4 days ago

Hello everyone, next month I will be recording an evening in a church with a local celebrity talking about historical facts...

puresounds
replies: 12 views: 307
Rolo 46 4 days ago

Good day, because of health condition I can't use headphones for several months because the pressure they put on my head so I've...

Falcon1
replies: 18 views: 714
bremusound 5 days ago

Hello everyone, John Dunkerley, co-author of the book Classical Recording: a Guide in the Decca Tradition has asked that the...

king2070lplaya
replies: 16 views: 1,120
Julian J. Ludwig 5 days ago

Hi folks, I'm based in the U.K. and I'm looking for tall mic stands, without much succes. I need them for church organ...

wallyburger
replies: 83 views: 7,534
Rolo 46 6 days ago

Today, I spoke to an engineer at Sennheiser, and he confirmed that they will release a very compact successor to the MKH30. More...

Lucas_G
replies: 10 views: 592
voltronic 6 days ago

Hello everyone, I have a few questions regarding the Zoom H4 Handy Recorder. 1. How well would this work as a low-budget audio...

asdf1234
replies: 6 views: 1,774
mrufino1 1 week ago

just wondering...... which mic(s) have the flattest frequency response? Of course, whether that's a good or bad thing is another...

melonmachine
replies: 129 views: 31,368
carpa 1 week ago

Very sad news for the recording world. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158996535430446&id=62412855445

tuba_noise
replies: 4 views: 455
studer58 1 week ago

Hi all, Are there any experienced outdoor soundies that can point me towards what I would need to make decent M/S recordings...

DaveyJones
replies: 7 views: 214
studer58 1 week ago

How do I get professional quality close mic'd sound on grand piano for Beethoven/Chopin, trying to keep the mic budget under...

markk02474
replies: 131 views: 4,817
RayS 1 week ago

....when the community choirs come out to strut their stuff. Here's a sample from tonight's concert in my town....a new take on...

studer58
replies: 12 views: 777
studer58 1 week ago

Here are some pictures of my socially distant recording from last weekend of the Brahm's Symphony No. 4 with the Tulsa Symphony...

JCBigler
replies: 45 views: 1,187
studer58 1 week ago

Hi everyone! Direct-powered microphones (such as DPA4003, 4041S, and similar) are known for its top-notch sound performance,...

Dan Reso
replies: 37 views: 3,158
Lucas_G 1 week ago

Looking to replace my aging i7 windows 10 Lenovo laptop in my studio. Tired of dinky little display port and usb hub, and want a...

jnorman
replies: 19 views: 396
studer58 1 week ago

It’s my understanding anniversary edition anagrams cannot be purchased any longer from Nagra (ATS - you know). Yet, I see them...

supoUSA
replies: 23 views: 1,552
Plush 1 week ago

Hey all, Don't find much discussion here about Kortwich's mic products... They are made near my house in Berlin, and look pretty...

SDunscombe
replies: 0 views: 208
SDunscombe 2 weeks ago

Hello all, I hope I may be forgiven for re-asking this question here -- there's already a thread in the "so much gear,...

Deleted 141eef3
replies: 23 views: 2,712
gonzalo1004es 2 weeks ago

Are there any Remotesters that are going to be at the AES Spring Training Event at Soundcheck in Nashville next week? I'm going...

JCBigler
replies: 0 views: 133
JCBigler 2 weeks ago

I'm starting a thread about this seriously ambitious project I have been working on for quite some time now. Since we can't...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 2,382
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

While there is much discussion about the Rode and Sennheiser shotgun options for location recording (seems as though video folks...

sirjuxtable
replies: 0 views: 161
sirjuxtable 2 weeks ago

Hello Fellow Recording enthusiasts, We recently moved to another house where I use Bay Window / Sun lounge (2m x 4m) for...

Gaston69
replies: 15 views: 839
DavidChampoux 2 weeks ago

Dear all, I have been booked to record a series of three livestream concerts with horn ensembles (= between 4 and 8 French...

apotheosis
replies: 8 views: 440
Geoff Poulton 2 weeks ago

I'm looking to record some sounds around New York and I want to use tape (I also make tape loops). I'm looking for a vintage...

deern
replies: 35 views: 5,642
masonchemical 2 weeks ago

Hey, all. In the early planning stages for a project that started out as a single concert, but due to COVID insanity has...

seanmccoy
replies: 43 views: 1,238
JCBigler 2 weeks ago

Last Tuesday (the 7th of April) at 10 pm I got a call asking if I was available to help create a tribute video for John Prine...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 917
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

Inspirata is a convolution-based reverb control platform similar to altiverb offering advanced locational adjustments. Has...

jnorman
replies: 13 views: 1,195
jnorman 2 weeks ago

Recommendations for headphones for classical editing/location recording? I'm mainly recording myself (cello) or my own small...

Cello94
replies: 118 views: 6,413
John Dyson 2 weeks ago

Fans of single stereo mic recording might enjoy this series of videos, largely made with an AEA R88 Blumlein stereo ribbon...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 442
smslavin 2 weeks ago

I almost know Plush's mantra by heart about the DAV by now ;) BUT Can anyone comment about real world situations especially...

Lorenzop
replies: 23 views: 3,822
pierre_r 2 weeks ago

Moderators