The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 314 views: 239,298
JaMProductionsNM 15th August 2020

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 426 views: 245,189
Remoteness 31st May 2020

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 15,931
huub 17th May 2020

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 19,504
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 115,421
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 19,458
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 72 views: 4,886
Spindrift 34 minutes ago

I saw that the Sennheiser MKH 800 has been discontinued. Sennheiser page says unit is "no longer...

Plush
replies: 27 views: 1,277
surflounge 2 hours ago

Hi All, Wondering if anyone has any advice/help? I want to create a few 5.1 IR's and can only find limited info in the manual....

Senorsensor
replies: 1 views: 98
Newmann 11 hours ago

I was having a look through some recordings I have on my PC (for hi fi playback), and noticed one CD I had not played for many...

Peter Allison
replies: 9 views: 410
studer58 1 day ago

I've been using Neumann KM140s stereo pair (basically 184s I guess) on Kawai Grand Piano. They sometimes sound 'hard' to my ears....

maestro
replies: 21 views: 630
Don S 1 day ago

I'm trying to select a Great DAW for Editing classical music... and would love some advice. I've been using ProTools, but...

bove
replies: 173 views: 21,077
cohler 1 day ago

Hey There - I've got a cottage recording session coming up and looking to track the drums with 4 mics (Glyn John's approach) -...

Ilsenhab
replies: 1 views: 107
coreyspencer 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Jim Williams 1 day ago

Manfrotto certainly being used a lot in this PR exercise:...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 207
studer58 1 day ago

I have been asked to do video auditions for a couple of local students, which is generally common these days. However, when I...

jnorman
replies: 21 views: 673
joeq 1 day ago

Perhaps a new word to add to your recording vocabulary ...cooge Some time in the future i hope to be recording an accomplished...

studer58
replies: 19 views: 412
studer58 1 day ago

Why doesn't the Microtech Gefell M930 get more love around here? I've been mixing some string tracks recorded with this mic, and...

matyas
replies: 88 views: 30,794
studer58 1 day ago

Does anyone here use KEF speakers for monitoring? I have a friend who has a pair of the floor-standing models (R series) and I...

philper
replies: 18 views: 2,700
chris661 2 days ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,075 views: 29,750
Noisewagon 3 days ago

I'm not sure if the existence of this little mono recorder has been flagged here yet...could be of interest to film sound folk...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 154
studer58 3 days ago

Just finished watching my latest, some chamber ensemble stuff with a French flair... bHYJYZLt2uw Remarkable what a few...

joelpatterson
replies: 6 views: 332
joelpatterson 4 days ago

Hi All, Was wondering if you could help me identify Willie's vox mic here: https://youtu.be/bt-n0zu6MjM Can't get a good...

king2070lplaya
replies: 7 views: 518
Remoteness 4 days ago

I've been tracking a grand piano in a church -- good piano, good room sound -- but I've been having issues with reflections in...

jsbeeth
replies: 95 views: 15,158
12ax7 5 days ago

I tried searching, first, but, as you might imagine (given the actual words), I got a bazillion hits, but zero pertaining to the...

dgpretzel
replies: 10 views: 1,119
GIACOMO-_ 5 days ago

This weekend I’ll be recording 5 singers. A Capella. They’ll sing humoristic folklore songs. There are no lead singers. The...

Strabinsky
replies: 5 views: 223
Strabinsky 5 days ago

Hi, I am Patrick, 26, live in Frankfurt/Germany. For 2 years my life have not fulfilled me. I am not happy, directionless,...

Patrick_S
replies: 22 views: 1,209
David Spearritt 6 days ago

I am very interested in the MKH8040. I have a pair of MKH40, which I love, except for the slight harshness in the mids. I often...

Rumi
replies: 64 views: 15,468
Folkie 6 days ago

We are so excited to announce the vinyl release of 2018 Newport Folk Festival’s 'A Change Is Gonna Come' set. Recorded...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 171
Remoteness 1 week ago

Hello.oxy moron of a question. My ge micro cassette crapedout after 20 years. I’m not a Luddite or anything I use logic. For...

boomer81
replies: 5 views: 591
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

With so much less music being performed, I was happy for the chance to do the audio capture ( and hear live music) last Saturday...

Folkie
replies: 2 views: 329
Folkie 1 week ago

We used to have a dedicated Sennheiser distrubutor/repair centre in the centre of Belgium. It is gone, moved to some fancy...

Yannick
replies: 32 views: 2,080
dseetoo 1 week ago

On FRI October 2, I will present on the webinar called, "The Sound Summit" sponsored by Sound Devices. The...

Plush
replies: 32 views: 2,311
jnorman 1 week ago

What's the old buzzard got himself collected here for voice and harp....looks like a mic shootout test...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 407
studer58 1 week ago

See https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-northern-ireland-54894241 And the recording sounds OK.kfhkh FWIW

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 10 views: 476
jnorman 1 week ago

I'm starting a thread about this seriously ambitious project I have been working on for quite some time now. Since we can't...

Remoteness
replies: 24 views: 1,762
Remoteness 1 week ago

I recently found, and enjoyed, a series of mic'ing tutorials by Neumann. In the third episode (of a topic on singer/songwriter...

GWILLY
replies: 9 views: 429
norfolksoundman9 1 week ago

Hi all. I've been reading some threads trying to learn and decided to post my scenario here for advice. My situation is...

Firehawk
replies: 16 views: 638
edva 1 week ago

Lots of high end mics were used See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-77sjOWCkQ Very nicely done recording.

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 7 views: 888
Klimermonk 1 week ago

Any tips for taming a fairly bright top of a grand piano when placing microphones? The instrument's low and mid are lovely but...

maestro
replies: 11 views: 382
maestro 1 week ago

Hi folks, I'm about to do a recording of a tenor singing "O Holy Night" with piano accompaniment. The location is a...

nightchef
replies: 4 views: 325
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I need to buy a recorder to catch environmental sounds and field recordings and I'm crawling through reviews and comments. Many...

unguitar
replies: 9 views: 446
unguitar 2 weeks ago

Here's a blind test featuring Rode's latest (and greatest?) shotgun mic. Just for fun see if you can determine which mic is...

JamesClark1991
replies: 34 views: 2,506
Rentzen 2 weeks ago

On A lLate Show last night, Elvis Costello sang a song remotely with piano accompaniment by John Batiste. Can someone explain...

jnorman
replies: 7 views: 684
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

The Cleveland Orchestra has started their own label and will start releasing live recordings under that label. See...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 47 views: 1,680
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Getting a new location recording set up for the occasional bits I do for my sound design work. Have been recommended the Senn...

mahoobley
replies: 32 views: 2,541
over-man 2 weeks ago

Recently I received a new master piece - a new generation among my "spherical violins" that brings a completely new...

ISedlacek
replies: 131 views: 12,794
ISedlacek 2 weeks ago

As the title says, I’m curious-has anyone out there used the Beyerdynamic M160 on classical (or otherwise “non-jazz”)...

tuba_noise
replies: 11 views: 724
emenelton 2 weeks ago

Hello. I have recently ordered a Presonus Studiolive Series 3 Mixer, and aside from slaving it to my Studio One software, I was...

GWILLY
replies: 7 views: 573
GWILLY 2 weeks ago
replies: 10 views: 830
Rolo 46 2 weeks ago

Recently, I've been fascinated by albums that were recorded outside of conventional studio settings. What are some of your...

AnonDeScript
replies: 82 views: 5,616
Jim Williams 3 weeks ago
replies: 3 views: 784
Gaston69 3 weeks ago

Hi, what model is this mic ? Is ominirectional ? I dont understand because the tip is black. Is a 4006 ?

GIACOMO-_
replies: 16 views: 5,205
Klimermonk 3 weeks ago

One of my wife’s flute students, who is now in Princeton, was featured on Amy Faust’s “On Deck” young artist segment on...

jnorman
replies: 2 views: 358
jnorman 3 weeks ago

I thought it would be nice to have a post where we might discuss what types of setups were used at the classical sessions of...

king2070lplaya
replies: 38 views: 6,950
studer58 3 weeks ago

So, you people using mics with rectangular capsules (Pearl & Milab et al), would you care to share your experiences with...

JonesH
replies: 121 views: 19,484
Mattias_Milab 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search