The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 315 views: 241,193
rmx16 4 days ago

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 440 views: 248,200
JCBigler 3 weeks ago

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 16,996
huub 17th May 2020

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 20,678
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 116,808
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 20,561
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Just wondering??? Around Northern Ohio there seems to be no live concerts going on so no one is doing any recordings except...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 59 views: 1,252
Klimermonk 1 hour ago

I'm anticipating that remote gig opportunities will slowly start to open up again later this year, and so I'm inventorying my...

nightchef
replies: 21 views: 488
Klimermonk 1 hour ago

Hey, I mainly do live recordings of bands that are somehow related to "Jazz". Channel count has not been above 24...

PeerSoe
replies: 116 views: 6,460
tourtelot 1 hour ago

I have essentially zero experience with boundary layer capsules such as the Schoeps BLM 3. From the extensive description at the...

replies: 16 views: 4,871
Fioraxy 9 hours ago

Thanks to all at Focusrite and American Music and Sound for honoring their three-year warranty on my Focusrite AM2 Dante...

tourtelot
replies: 6 views: 297
cheu78 1 day ago

For an upcoming string quartet recording session (with video, non-concert) what factors might steer you towards either Jecklin...

studer58
replies: 91 views: 3,864
studer58 1 day ago

I'll be doing a month of tracking sessions in a house where can't bring my main studio monitors (Amphion Two18). Right now my...

Nightowl43
replies: 10 views: 239
Remoteness 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
Rick Dalton 2 days ago

Any experience in the classical music field with this microphone as a 'general' large diaphragm spot microphone, e.g. for solo...

apotheosis
replies: 24 views: 1,022
apotheosis 3 days ago

I am more than sure that each of you have had this experience: You're sitting down with a music director to go over the...

joelpatterson
replies: 11 views: 365
Folkie 3 days ago

I learned about the SX-M2D2 here (@Plush). While it looks like a cool unit and the price seems right, I was wondering if it would...

johannburkard
replies: 48 views: 7,990
iPadBeatMaking 3 days ago

I almost know Plush's mantra by heart about the DAV by now ;) BUT Can anyone comment about real world situations especially...

Lorenzop
replies: 22 views: 3,429
Folkie 3 days ago

Greetings, I need a suggestion for a stereo pair of mics for a two-mic recording setup for orchestra percussion instruments....

SkipBurz
replies: 8 views: 388
SkipBurz 4 days ago

Hello, I’ve been working on a track where the verse and chorus are routed to a vox bus that has processing such as EQ,...

540code
replies: 4 views: 313
540code 4 days ago

Hi everyone! Direct-powered microphones (such as DPA4003, 4041S, and similar) are known for its top-notch sound performance,...

Dan Reso
replies: 35 views: 2,779
Lucas_G 5 days ago

I'm starting a thread about this seriously ambitious project I have been working on for quite some time now. Since we can't...

Remoteness
replies: 25 views: 2,074
Remoteness 5 days ago

Here's a video which will hopefully refocus the viewer on a brighter and productive future, as this year unfurls itself. It's...

studer58
replies: 32 views: 1,133
studer58 5 days ago

Hoy hoy - I read a thread on the high end forum about the use of mono reverbs on steely dan’s gaucho album that was...

jnorman
replies: 5 views: 1,024
studer58 5 days ago

My 200-seat church has begun to live-stream its services with a fairly advanced multi-camera system. I'd like to upgrade the...

Crantastic
replies: 0 views: 181
Crantastic 5 days ago

With a boom microphone, what is a normal gain range? What audio level should I be hitting for the subject? I'm new to boom...

LSct
replies: 9 views: 295
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

couldn't find a good quality space to record high resolution music performance, so am dumping old gear in ocean to make an island...

surflounge
replies: 0 views: 236
surflounge 1 week ago

Hello everyone, John Dunkerley, co-author of the book Classical Recording: a Guide in the Decca Tradition has asked that the...

king2070lplaya
replies: 15 views: 640
Plush 1 week ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 147 views: 10,701
studer58 1 week ago

Let's play forensic detective for a while....where are they all coming from ? You've probably seen examples already....here's a...

studer58
replies: 23 views: 905
studer58 1 week ago

Hi fellow colleagues, As some of you might know I use a Merging Horus (Ravenna/AES67) and Magix Samplitude for my remote...

Gaston69
replies: 10 views: 1,694
RayS 1 week ago

Hi! Anybody has tried the Nevaton MC59 microphones? I was surprised by the ridiculously low self noise and the reasonable price.

gonzalo1004es
replies: 10 views: 2,750
Multichannel 1 week ago

I am looking for a (very) affordably priced microphone to be used in a main AB microphone setup for a big orchestra + choir in a...

pelleke
replies: 203 views: 71,721
kludgeaudio 1 week ago

I am about to receive my new Sony PCM D100 but I’m starting to think I should have got the MixPre 3 II and some quality...

8bitBarry
replies: 13 views: 507
bradh 1 week ago

When you are recording a piano duo for something like a college audition with video, do you use spot mics on the piano or...

jnorman
replies: 42 views: 1,051
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

How do I get professional quality close mic'd sound on grand piano for Beethoven/Chopin, trying to keep the mic budget under...

markk02474
replies: 90 views: 2,972
Andy Le Vien 1 week ago

I'd be interested in your thoughts on Straus Paket trial I made today at a baroque concert, with violin and cello. For those...

studer58
replies: 16 views: 858
studer58 1 week ago

Hello Remote folks, Here’s my situation: I’m looking to add a versatile pair to my mic kit. Though I like vibey gear and...

alexevans917
replies: 97 views: 4,386
Guile 1 week ago

Hey hey, I'm going to be producing a YouTube channel with a friend and we will be recording video at a luthier shop discussing...

sirjuxtable
replies: 14 views: 583
studer58 1 week ago

File this under the category of maybe it's just me, but... The other day I was recording a jazz combo with a well-regarded...

RobAnderson
replies: 78 views: 2,209
PB+J 1 week ago

Looking at the MKH 8050 over the MKH 50 and a major benefit of the 8000 series seems to be modularity (other than being...

LSct
replies: 13 views: 673
dseetoo 2 weeks ago

Dear friends, a recent covid-recording, with video post-synced to the pre-recorded...

apotheosis
replies: 4 views: 550
emenelton 2 weeks ago

Good morning. I am an organist (and also a little audiophile...) and I want to buy equipment to properly record pipe organ in...

Organist
replies: 100 views: 4,194
studer58 2 weeks ago

I've learned a lot from Gearslutz over the years, and I finally wanted to contribute my humble experience. I decided to take a...

Greyoboe
replies: 12 views: 951
David Rick 2 weeks ago

A very good friend is the organist at a church near here. They are doing remote church services and want to suspend a pair of...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 38 views: 1,469
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Although I'd love to have a nice pair of wide cardioids (KM143 or MK21), I'm beginning to appreciate the DIY version of wide...

d_fu
replies: 86 views: 17,454
Tiburd 2 weeks ago

Zylia ZM-1 spherical 19-element mic array...looks intriguing, although reading behind the review it seems the software support...

studer58
replies: 59 views: 6,562
dseetoo 2 weeks ago

Rupert Neve has passed away at...

TonyF
replies: 9 views: 838
Tommy-boy 2 weeks ago

Hi! Here is a link to the final result. Hope you enjoy it! https://youtu.be/yu6jWl1R62g All the best, Knut

knuttta
replies: 8 views: 496
knuttta 2 weeks ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,211 views: 40,384
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Hi folks, I'm based in the U.K. and I'm looking for tall mic stands, without much succes. I need them for church organ...

wallyburger
replies: 74 views: 6,716
Rolo 46 3 weeks ago

Hi! I am involved in a Brahms project both as a pianist and a recording engineer these days. Here is the first of Brahms´two...

knuttta
replies: 6 views: 454
knuttta 3 weeks ago

Why not M149 for a main? Another 'how would you do it?' thread Because i like to read those threads a lot, here is my ‘How...

seedee701
replies: 22 views: 1,065
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

This is awesome stuff: Fine Recording Inc: Pioneers in High-Fidelity Studio Recording: UPDATED – 4 | Preservation...

RobAnderson
replies: 17 views: 2,617
emrr 3 weeks ago

Hi! I sound clip from a project this weekend with Brahms´ wonderful sonata for viola (or clarinet) and piano op 120 no 2. 3rd...

knuttta
replies: 7 views: 674
knuttta 3 weeks ago

e.g. at 9:55 https://youtu.be/suEuOf4oIUI I wonder if the non-standard (some might even say elegant) optics of the sphere mic...

lukedamrosch
replies: 4 views: 540
jnorman 3 weeks ago

Moderators