The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Elroy & The Bread Mobile capture "Hey Guy" on 13 GoPro cameras!
Old 21st February 2013
  #61
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
i ressemble that remark .. i am a venice hippe ... lol i have been in the Lennon Bus .. pretty cool, but as you say most are low tech but doing some cool things ... i wish things like this were available when i was 15 ...

cheers

john
Old 22nd February 2013
  #62
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
Well, I'm 15...

Let me explain; When I was 29, I really didn't want to be 30 years old, so I came up with some Remoteness Math to get me by.

When I turn 30 I called it 20-10, the following year I was 20-11.
When I hit 40, I was 20-20; 50 was 20-20-10.

That being said, I'm now 20-20-15! ;-)





Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
i ressemble that remark .. i am a venice hippe ... lol i have been in the Lennon Bus .. pretty cool, but as you say most are low tech but doing some cool things ... i wish things like this were available when i was 15 ...

cheers

john
Old 23rd February 2013
  #63
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
can you do my taxes for me this year .. i love your Math ... brilliant that makes me 20-20-10 sweet, i feel younger already

cheers

john
Old 23rd February 2013
  #64
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
can you do my taxes for me this year .. i love your Math ... brilliant that makes me 20-20-10 sweet, i feel younger already

cheers

john
Old 13th June 2013
  #65
Lives for gear
 
huub's Avatar
wow Steve,

I still can't believe how great this song is and how amazing it sounds!

And I'm still listening to the YouTube rip
Old 13th June 2013
  #66
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
Thanks so much my friend.

We feel the same way...

I still play this for folks along with all the other videos we have worked on and this clip holds up and still rawks it hard! \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
wow Steve,

I still can't believe how great this song is and how amazing it sounds!

And I'm still listening to the YouTube rip
Old 4th July 2013
  #67
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
wow Steve,

I still can't believe how great this song is and how amazing it sounds!

And I'm still listening to the YouTube rip
i feel the same way huub. the clarity and definition is exceptionally good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
Thanks so much my friend.

We feel the same way...

I still play this for folks along with all the other videos we have worked on and this clip holds up and still rawks it hard! \m/
you are one of the most humble and forward thinking audio engineers in the world.
Old 15th July 2013
  #68
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
Thank you for the kind words about my engineering skills.

As some of you already know, I do my best to bring out the best in a performance without adding "my sound." I prefer to get the best capture of their sound than what I think it should sound.

I spent a fair amount of time making sure everything was clear and defined in the mix.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
i feel the same way huub. the clarity and definition is exceptionally good.



you are one of the most humble and forward thinking audio engineers in the world.
Old 21st December 2014
  #69
Gear Maniac
 

i just listened to this video again and it still blows my mind on how great it sounds.

awesome band, great production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
wow Steve,

I still can't believe how great this song is and how amazing it sounds!

And I'm still listening to the YouTube rip
Old 21st December 2014
  #70
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
Thanks!
Old 21st December 2014
  #71
Lives for gear
 

Yes, pinning the cool-factor meter on all counts.

philp
Old 22nd December 2014
  #72
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
Thanks!

What do you like about it most?



Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
Yes, pinning the cool-factor meter on all counts.

philp
Old 22nd December 2014
  #73
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
Thanks!

What do you like about it most?
It sounds great, looks good, is cleverly set up, lit and cut. It includes a whole lot of techie-fan goodness without being gratutitous or corny--the gear and truck are just there really recording a good song by good players who are having a good time. Triple win, says me.

philp
Old 2 weeks ago
  #74
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
Looking back at this thread, I wish I included shots from (The Bread Mobile) the control room mobile unit.

I didn't want to take away from the live performance capture, but it would have added another storyline to the clip.

Thank you for the kind words, although dated, they are still appreciated.



Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
It sounds great, looks good, is cleverly set up, lit and cut. It includes a whole lot of techie-fan goodness without being gratutitous or corny--the gear and truck are just there really recording a good song by good players who are having a good time. Triple win, says me.

philp
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump