The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A Remotester's guide to Surfing Multiple Forums & Sub-Forums
Old 6th May 2006
Super Moderator

Lightbulb A Remotester's guide to Surfing Multiple Forums & Sub-Forums

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum subscription. Or even threads that have been moved to different forums than what you normally view…

IMO, the quick and easy solution is to make your “User Control Panel” your main page. Everything is at your finger tips…

As long as your preferences are set up so the system emails you and/or places all subscribed threads in the “New Subscribe Threads” folder (in your User Control Panel) you will never miss a thing. Even when a thread gets moved the system will still send you an email and place that thread in your folder no matter where that thread ends up.

If you like the posts of a particular member you can also search everything they posted by going to their profile and clicking on the proper link.

I made my browser’s homepage the User Control Panel instead of any one forum. This way I can see everything I’m subscribed to and much more. This is how I do it. It’s only a suggestion since everyone has their own way of doing things. I just wanted to tell you about mine. IMHO, this is a great way to handle multiple forums and threads that I track outside my normal forum setup.

Jules has suggested the little blue “New Posts” button for viewing all threads from all forums. That’s a very good idea. I personally like to also use the “Today’s Posts” button that is found at the top of the “Quick Links” drop down menu. It shows me everything that’s up on the GS BB on a daily basis. I do not miss a thing. In my experience, you can miss threads with the “New Posts” model when it refreshes. In any event, both work well when surfing multiple forums

IMO, it’s not very complicated at all, just a new way to look at it.

Thanks a lot for your time and consideration.

Peace, Love and Tie Dye!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search