Old 21st May 2003
Gear Nut

Should I buy a Schoeps $430 CMC5?

With a Mk 41 capsule......
Anyone used this one?

Amund
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

I have 2 matching pairs and a ORTF stereo couple with mk4 capsules. For classical instruments, violins / woodwinds I prefer schoeps over neumann any day. Some people refer them as 'harsh' sounding. German accuracy doesn't come better then this. I find them extremely accurate, true to the source and very detailed. I love them.

The 41 capsules are hyper cardioid. Personally I rarely grab for hyper cardioid mics.

430 is a more then reasonable price I think. Less then 50 % of the original value. If in good condition a very nice deal.
Old 22nd May 2003
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally posted by C.Lambrechts

The 41 capsules are hyper cardioid. Personally I rarely grab for hyper cardioid mics.

430 is a more then reasonable price I think. Less then 50 % of the original value. If in good condition a very nice deal.
The Mk41 "hyper" capsule is what`s holding me back a little, and a new Mk4 capsule will be around $500....

Hmmmm, time to think.....
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

The MK41 is probably one of the best hypers around... There is a reason why you see them on just about every location film shoot...

The off-axis response is pretty amazing (and of course, the on axis is what you would expect from Schoeps).

I'd go for it personally... While I prefer some of the other capsules from Schoeps, there certainly is no shortage of uses for an MK 41...

--Ben
Old 22nd May 2003
Jtt
Gear Addict

Cool

If you don't buy it, tell us where such a deal can be had!!!

-Jtt
Old 22nd May 2003
Gear Guru

i bought one with a CMC4 (AB power) and MK41 capsule for 500.00 about 10 ro 12 years ago from a guy that just did not know what it was and needed the money...had one trip across the pond for repair (they do not like humidy at all...keep it in the case with silica gel unless needed) but otherwise the dialog mike of choice indoors....DO IT ...DO IT NOW...

peace john
Old 22nd May 2003
Gear Addict

Is anyone using the cmc6/mk41 for rock stuff?

Prices have gotten so reasonable recently that I'm tempted to pick up a matched pair, and use them for overheads, acoustic guitar, etc. I wonder if they'd sound too clinical, though.
Old 25th May 2003
Motown legend

Quote:
Originally posted by mdbeh
Is anyone using the cmc6/mk41 for rock stuff?... I wonder if they'd sound too clinical, though.
At their former prices, most studios bought 87s instead because they looked cooler and were lots more difficult for people to steal.

At the new price, a LOT of microphone manufacturers are facing a great big fat problem. I'd describe their character as ultra-transparent and warm and not at all clinical.
Old 26th May 2003
Lives for gear

what`s a decent street price for the CM6/MK4 ??? Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search