The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
clips for KM84s and 86s
Old 21st May 2003
Gear Head

clips for KM84s and 86s

What's the most durable mic clip for use with KM84s? I've never gotten a clip with any of my pre-owned 84s or 86s. I'm guessing that the Neumann clip might not be the best choice. No shock mount required.

Thanks
GigaBoy
www.GigaBoyAV.com
Old 21st May 2003
Gear Addict

SM-53

For years now I've used the clips provided with Shure SM-53's, but they're long out of production. The AKG clip works OK...
Old 22nd May 2003
The audio technica shocks for small diaphram are nice. Royer uses them OEM right now. I've got a bunch for my Royers, and KM84's & KM86's. Too many accidents with the regular small diaphram clips.
Old 22nd May 2003
Gear Addict

I'm using the plastic clips that came with my Sennheiser e609's with my km184's. They fit snug - its nice. I need to maybe get some extras. The Neumann clips break too easily if you ask me (and cost too much to replace of course).
Old 22nd May 2003
Motown legend

The Shure A-53M shockmount works really well and is more rugged than anything else I know. My experience has been that you don't even want to think about using an 86 without a shock mount.
Old 22nd May 2003
Gear Head

Thanks folks! The A53-M looks like the best bet for me. I already have the ATs, and I find their elastic string tends to lose its elasticity way too fast. I already have KM84s sadly dangling from the ATs now. Since these are around a drum kit, I think the A53-M would be most handy because of their diminutive size.

Also, for years, I've been using Fostex T20 headphones. For tracking, both myself and my clients like them just fine. My current crop is getting ragged however. Are these still a good choice? Is there something better with similar characteristics? I need 6 new sets.

GigaBoy
www.GigaBoyAV.com
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

AKG SA30 saddle, virtually indestructable, cheap, one size (almost) fits all!

Regards

Roland
Old 22nd May 2003
Gear Nut

Whilst browsing...

.... i spotted this auction of 13 shure mic clips, with 18 hours to go and at £6.50 could be a bargain for a studio.

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=15198

Why would anyone have 13 clips lying around?
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

The Beyer m88 rubber clip worked for me.

Rob
Old 23rd May 2003
Gear Head

Hey RMX, when you are broken, where do you go for repair. My RMX-16 is on the fritz and needs repair.

GigaBoy
www.GigaBoyAV.com
Old 23rd May 2003
Lives for gear

I don't know if they support the rmx16 anymore.I lost an output my rmx16 about ten years ago and it turned out to be a bad xlr connector(thank godheh)

Give them a call

AMS/Neve Inc.
100 Avenue Of The Americas
Fifth Floor
New York, NY 10013
USA
(212) 965-1400
Fx: (212) 965-3739
web: www.ams-neve.com

Peace
Rob
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear