The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fostex D824 update.
Old 18th November 2009
Here for the gear

Question Fostex D824 update.

I want to do an update of my Fostex D824, in the manual I read that I need a iomega or other with a SCSI disk, anyone knows the exact model suitable for this purpose?
I would also like to know: what is the back door "word".
Very thanks and sorry for my bad english.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

I bought a second-hand Iomega Zip drive with SCSI connection for a couple of Euros on ebay to update another Fostex recorder. However, you will need the SCSI connection on your computer as well, in order to get the update file on to the zip disk...

The "Word" thing is probably for an optional Word Clock expansion board.
Old 18th November 2009
Here for the gear

Hello and thanks for your reply. I had purchased an Iomega zip but without the SCSI cable so later, I found the proper cable, but I can not do the upgrade... don't work. My question is: is there only one type of Iomega Zip and change only the cable? Or is there iomega zip scsi and iomega zip normal (no scsi)?
In my box/istructiones I don't read "scsi"..... and it have only parallel port, then I find cable parallel<-----> scsi, maybe don't work for that..
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

There are different types of Zip drives, also without SCSI... If yours doesn't support it, get a SCSI device for a few bucks. At least the other one solves the problem of transferring the file to a Zip disk.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear