The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tascam X48 for Remote Recording...
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Nut

Talking Tascam X48 for Remote Recording...

I am looking for a new back-up medium to use on remotes and came across the tascam x48. Anyone have any experience with these boxes?
Old 3rd August 2005
Super Moderator

Tascam should be releasing the X48 this winter.

We ordered two of them sight unseen awhile back – we’ll see how that goes in a few months...

48-track Hybrid Hard Disk Workstation. I like that term. It’s a pretty ambitious box. I’m looking forward to playing with it.

If they learned a bit from the MX2424 generation machines, we may have a very nice situation going on here… 24bit; 48TK @ 96K; 24TK @ 192K in one box; it's an integrated workstation; decent price point.

I’m looking forward to a good machine. Let’s see if they built a great machine. That would be awesome. I’ll keep you posted.
Old 3rd August 2005
Lives for gear

Enough to make this RADAR owner nervous. Did I miss the price?
Old 3rd August 2005
Gear Nut

I can't remember where I heard it from, but I was told that Tascam licensed the technology from Mackie and put two in the same box. Once again, this is only what I heard from another source.
Old 3rd August 2005
Lives for gear

x48

I have been pretty pleased with my MX 2424, but a little disappointed in the advancing obsolescence of SCSI. It's pretty frustrating scrambling around on line looking for Ultra160 drives and paying $3-7/gig when firewire is like $1/gig. At least this new rig has a firewire port.

I'm thinking my next direction will be a PC/Laptop based system for multitracking then convert the stuff out to an analog board for mixing. You can build a PC rig with 24 A/D D/A for about $1500 less than the M48. You can always upgrade the CPU and add ram to a point.

The rack mounted recorders seem too prone to falling behind the advances in technology.

The only argument I can think of against tracking "in the box" is potential latency issues. YMMV, and to each his own. Other thoughts?
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstone
The rack mounted recorders seem too prone to falling behind the advances in technology.
I've been a 002r+Powermac remote guy for about 2 years. Just sold the 002 because I'm sick of PT crashing. I'm going with a HD24 for the stability factor. As far as I can see, this is one thing the standalone units have over DAWs at the moment.
But you do have a good point on the futureproofing of the DAWs.

I think I read somewhere here that the x48 uses IDE drives yeah? Seems a little stale considering SATA drives seem to be the best thing going right now and for the next few years...
Old 5th August 2005
Lives for gear
I first saw this a few months ago and I must admit I was impressed! If my calculations are correct, at 24/96 that's 750meg per track minute (based on 15meg per track minute). So an 80 gig drive should be good for 100 minutes of continious recording, double that if you record at 48k! Whow!

As far as future proofing is concerned, I'd be perfectly happy with 96k recording, even in the studio for the forseeable future (like probably the rest of my live). If a box is good and reliable surely we would get ten years or more out of it before it becomes 'obsolete'? It might be a welcome respite from the constant upgrading involved with DAWs to keep up with latest trends, not to mention RELIABILITY.

I'm interested.
Old 5th August 2005
Super Moderator

Daire,

I'm with you on this one! Only time will tell if this box is all that.
I trust it will be but, as we have seen in the past, anything is possible.
Old 6th August 2005
Lowdbrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomed
I can't remember where I heard it from, but I was told that Tascam licensed the technology from Mackie and put two in the same box. Once again, this is only what I heard from another source.
No. All the Mackie HDR is, is software on a Pentium II computer. There is nothing to license. This Tascam box is a ground up deal, but it still misses the boat for the pro, especially when it comes to the drives.

If you are a current Radar owner, there is nothing to worry about. You have a product that is not outdated before it was launched, and sounds killer. This Tascam box is geared towards the semi pro market, and for the price, cannot be expected to sound like a Radar, and Barry ain't worried aout it.

Here is his quote:

President

posted April 23, 2005 02:38 PM

"Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I just got back from the NAB show. Drew is right. We showed a RADAR 48 prototype at the September 2000 AES show. It was going to retail for $35k but people opted for RADARLinking 2 RADAR 24 units together with a 48 track session controller and a 48 channel meter bridge for $20k so it was never brought to market.

As for the X48... It seems like a great box! I believe it will retail for around $5000 and street for around $3500 so it is not targeted at the pro market. The X48 is also not just a recorder like RADAR. It is an entire studio in one box and replaces the higher end SX1. It will do recording/editing, mixing and mastering and supports tons of plugs. Basically it will replace your entire recording studio(excluding microphones and monitors) for $4k to $5k. RADAR on the other hand, is designed to work with a high quality dedicated mixer & effects. A typical RADAR project studio will run you $10k to $20k for the RADAR, $30k to $100k for the mixer and $20k to $30k for the effects for a total range of about $60k to $150k for everything.

In fact, the X48 is a Windows XP PC running DAW software. You can now buy the functional equivalent of it on a PC for under $3000. So if I was in the market for a DAW I would definately compare PC DAWs with the X48 on a feature for feature basis. One disadvantage of the X48 route is that you don't get a removable drive whereas you can configure the PC DAW with a removable drive in one of the 5 1/4 bays. It also would have been nice to see a SATA port on the back of the unit as all parallel IDE drives(including all current firewire drives) are going obsolete. All MAC G5s and all new PCs now ship with SATA drives only so that makes the X48 obsolete before it's even shipping. I think it is targeting to ship by the end of the 2005 so if it comes out by January 2006 we'll be able to judge more accurately how fast that obsolescence will be.

The RADAR on the other hand is designed to simply capture and reproduce the sound at the highest possible quality. We are still working on accomplishing that objective. When we run out of things to try in acheiving the sound quality objective then we will move on to the bells and whistles. Our most recent modifications to the RADAR feature set as you may know was to increase the bandwidth from 6 tracks at 192 kHz to a full 24 tracks at 192 kHz and to add native BWAV recording and Gigabit Ethernet support. Our next major software release, 3.40 will include AAF session file support plus other little embellishments. iZ developers are craftsmen not cookie stampers. We want to get to first base first.

As far as mouse operations on RADAR our approach is to stay away from the mouse as much as possible. Our belief is that for the type of simple editing that RADAR offers it is much faster to have dedicated buttons for editing. I agree that if we had complex waveform editng a mouse might be better in some situations but we don't want to turn RADAR into a DAW. We just want to make the best recorder money can buy.

As time passes, and as we continue to improve RADAR's sound quality, RADAR may one day cost $30k and the Tascam studio-in-a-box may cost less than $1000. It is very simiilar to the car market. You can buy a Fiero for $4,000 or you can buy a Ferrari for $400,000. Both cars have 4 wheels, a rear engine, a low riding sporty style body, 2 doors and a sound system. They are both limited by law to a maximum highway speed of 70 mph in North America. Yet the customers who want performance, stability and quality will pay 100 times more to buy the Ferarri."

Barry, iZ President
Old 6th August 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistanceMusic
I'm sick of PT crashing. I'm going with a HD24 for the stability factor.
Jesse,

I highly recommend you to visit http://www.sawstudiouser.net/

With a decent PC (desktop or laptop) you would get a very stable and powerful system.

Alex G.

PS. If you want to buy any SAW product, as a Affiliate I can give you my VIP discount code, to save serious amount of money.
Old 7th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness
Tascam should be releasing the X48 this winter.

We ordered two of them sight unseen awhile back – we’ll see how that goes in a few months...

48-track Hybrid Hard Disk Workstation. I like that term. It’s a pretty ambitious box. I’m looking forward to playing with it.

If they learned a bit from the MX2424 generation machines, we may have a very nice situation going on here… 24bit; 48TK @ 96K; 24TK @ 192K in one box; it's an integrated workstation; decent price point.

I’m looking forward to a good machine. Let’s see if they built a great machine. That would be awesome. I’ll keep you posted.
Looks interesting as a backup machine, but I believe the low price tag is without any converters.

I've been using the Genex 9048 for remotes for over a year now and think it is a great machine, tho a bit more expensive. Used it for both Brian Wilson's live SMile DVD, SMile at Carnegie Hall and even used one in LOndon last Feb. to record the premiere of SMile at Royal Festival Hall. The converters are really fantastic sounding and the unit will do everything up to 192 k as well as DSD. Haven't gone above 96 k myself yet, but maybe someday...... At the Carnegie show we ran a Pro-tools HD rig w/ stock converters at 44.1/ 24 as well as the Genex at 88.2 and in comparison the Pro-tools was unuseable the Genex recordings just sounded so much better after both sessions were played back on my home Pro-tools rig w/ all Apogee D-A converters.

The Genex does require SCSI drives at the moment but supposedly Firewire capability is on the way as well as a waveform editor. Not having a Pro-tools rig on a remote is a real plus as far as I'm concerned regardless.

The Genex has been my main remote recording rig for some ime now with tascam DA-78'd being used for backup. I would consider their new X-48 for backup but only with onboard A-D converters. You really need two totally seperate systems whenever possible if you are going to be safe.

I'll keep tabs on this thread and see how the Tascam unit is received.

Mark Linett
Old 7th August 2005
Super Moderator

Mark,

Thanks for stopping by. It’s great to see you here at the Remote Possibilities forum.

A couple of remotesters -- Hollywood Steve and Rick Sutton both have the GX9000, 8 track version and they love it much. Not quite the same but very happening in many ways.

I’ll keep you posted on my X48 developments.
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Mark,

Thanks for stopping by. It’s great to see you here at the Remote Possibilities forum.

A couple of remotesters -- Hollywood Steve and Rick Sutton both have the GX9000, 8 track version and they love it much. Not quite the same but very happening in many ways.

I’ll keep you posted on my X48 developments.
Thanks. Sweetwater is selling it w/ the stock TDIF cards for $4100.00. This means it could be used as a backup for Pro-tools if you were willing to use the TDIF outs from the digi converters which would be fine assuming Pro-tools never crashes. If it did you'd lose both machines when you rebooted.

The 24 track AES cards are about $1k each but there's no price yet for the analog cards and I'm guessing they will be a bit more expensive. Still a bargain assuming the deck are reliable and can record direct to external drives.

Now if it turns out that they can handle a control surface while recording 48 tracks of 96/ 24 (ie you could do a ruff mix on the computer live) w/out crashing that would be great.

BTW it looks like it has two extra tracks for a mix....nice.

keep me posted on what you learn about the thing.

Mark
Old 8th August 2005
Super Moderator

Yes, the IF-AE24 24 channel AES/EBU I/O card lists for $999.00.
The IF-TD24 (TDIF) and IF-AD24 (ADAT Lightpipe) cards both list for $499.00 each.
The list price for the IF-AN24X 24 channel analog card is $1,149.00 each.
You will need two IF-AN24Xs for a complete 48 channel rig.
The X-48 lists for $4,999.00 and the MAP is $4,499.00.

Was that a special over the phone price from Sweetwater? I don’t think they can list it in print for $4,100.00 unless Tascam changed their MAP pricing.

The X-48 can handle a control surface (in a limited way) while recording 48 tracks of 96/24 using their US2400 DAW controller.
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, the IF-AE24 24 channel AES/EBU I/O card lists for $999.00.
The IF-TD24 (TDIF) and IF-AD24 (ADAT Lightpipe) cards both list for $499.00 each.
The list price for the IF-AN24X 24 channel analog card is $1,149.00 each.
You will need two IF-AN24Xs for a complete 48 channel rig.
The X-48 lists for $4,999.00 and the MAP is $4,499.00.

Was that a special over the phone price from Sweetwater? I don’t think they can list it in print for $4,100.00 unless Tascam changed their MAP pricing.

The X-48 can handle a control surface (in a limited way) while recording 48 tracks of 96/24 using their US2400 DAW controller.
You're right it is $4500.00. SO with 48 chls of analog the box will cost $7500.00 w/out a remote. Any idea what you can use for actual recording? Standard Firewire drives I hope.

Frankly this unit needs to be a big improvement over the MX-2424 which was a good idea with some rather bad problems. But it was the first device of its kind and hopefully Tascam has learned a lot in the meantime.

we shall see. Meanwhile what do you figure a Sony 3348 is worth these days, $2k?

Mark
Old 9th August 2005
Lowdbrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistanceMusic
I've been a 002r+Powermac remote guy for about 2 years. Just sold the 002 because I'm sick of PT crashing. I'm going with a HD24 for the stability factor. As far as I can see, this is one thing the standalone units have over DAWs at the moment.
But you do have a good point on the futureproofing of the DAWs.

I think I read somewhere here that the x48 uses IDE drives yeah? Seems a little stale considering SATA drives seem to be the best thing going right now and for the next few years...
I am not saying that crashing is your problem, but the 002 was never intended for remote recording, in the pro use and abuse sense of the word. It is a prosumer/musician tool. I would be careful using any product outside ot it's intended market.

On the flip side, I take a PT HD rig out in ATA shock cases for location recording. But my system is dialed in to be nothing but a PT HD recording system. There is no Digi product that I would use below a TDM and Apple rig for money gigs.

Any system that boots from RAM is more stable than what either of us are doing.
Old 9th August 2005
Lowdbrent
Quote:
I have been pretty pleased with my MX 2424, but a little disappointed in the advancing obsolescence of SCSI.
SCSI is not obsolete. It beats the brains out of anything else out there. By the way the Tascam has internal parallel IDE drives, not SATA. It does have firewire ports, but who knows if they are 800. Are you going to rely on firewire drives for a money remote gig? Not me. SCSI all the way, or at minimum iSCSI.
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

SCSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdbrent
SCSI is not obsolete. It beats the brains out of anything else out there. By the way the Tascam has internal parallel IDE drives, not SATA. It does have firewire ports, but who knows if they are 800. Are you going to rely on firewire drives for a money remote gig? Not me. SCSI all the way, or at minimum iSCSI.
Obsolete was probably the wrong word choice on my part. What I really meant is that your price per gig is much higher than firewire or USB drives. From what I've seen about 3x the cost. E.g., scouring the web for a good deal I just picked up an OEM Quantum SCSI 36 gig for $119. Quantum doesn't make SCSI drives anymore, so all you get is a 90 day dealer warranty on a new item. If I'd gone for a Seagate Cheetah or Barracuda, I would have spent more. For about the same money you can buy a 120 gig firewire drive, with an enclosure and interface built in, and a 1 year warranty. External enclosures, frames and carriers add to the expense of running a SCSI system. Then you have to buy a SCSI controller card if you want the system to interface with a PC or Mac (and install a receiving frame in the desktop). Firewire cards can be had for $20, but I had to spend $90 for an LSI Logic SCSI card.

The economics of SCSI make it much more expensive. I'm running an Ultra160 68 pin system, and it seems that format is harder to find drives for now than it was about a year ago when I picked up a Storcase Data Silo and the necessary accessories.

The speed of SCSI is amazing, especially when you're backing up a large project and verifying the data. It's also been very reliable. I'm just wondering what the near term future holds, that's all.
Old 9th August 2005
Lowdbrent
Quote:
Obsolete was probably the wrong word choice on my part. What I really meant is that your price per gig is much higher than firewire or USB drives. From what I've seen about 3x the cost. E.g., scouring the web for a good deal I just picked up an OEM Quantum SCSI 36 gig for $119. Quantum doesn't make SCSI drives anymore, so all you get is a 90 day dealer warranty on a new item. If I'd gone for a Seagate Cheetah or Barracuda, I would have spent more. For about the same money you can buy a 120 gig firewire drive, with an enclosure and interface built in, and a 1 year warranty. External enclosures, frames and carriers add to the expense of running a SCSI system. Then you have to buy a SCSI controller card if you want the system to interface with a PC or Mac (and install a receiving frame in the desktop). Firewire cards can be had for $20, but I had to spend $90 for an LSI Logic SCSI card.

The economics of SCSI make it much more expensive. I'm running an Ultra160 68 pin system, and it seems that format is harder to find drives for now than it was about a year ago when I picked up a Storcase Data Silo and the necessary accessories.

The speed of SCSI is amazing, especially when you're backing up a large project and verifying the data. It's also been very reliable. I'm just wondering what the near term future holds, that's all.
I wonder too. I have done a test on my PT HD rig with Maxtor FW800 drives vs. Ultrawide, 128-bit SCSI, with large track counts and edit debsity. The FW sessions were slower, gave me system DAE playback errors and crashes. The SCSI was much, much more stable. So, you pay for it, but the benefits are speed, continuity and less aggrevation.

I wonder how much of a boat anchor I will have when the Macs ship with Intels too.
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
...but the 002 was never intended for remote recording, in the pro use and abuse sense of the word. It is a prosumer/musician tool. I would be careful using any product outside ot it's intended market.

On the flip side, I take a PT HD rig out in ATA shock cases for location recording. But my system is dialed in to be nothing but a PT HD recording system. There is no Digi product that I would use below a TDM and Apple rig for money gigs.

Any system that boots from RAM is more stable than what either of us are doing.
this is exactly the conclusion I've come to, and since I can't yet afford the full blown HD rig, and really, I have major issues with the way digi has set up their product line, as far as I can tell the HD24 is the next best step.
By the way, this is an awesome thread guys, cheers for so many informed opinions in such a short space!
Old 30th December 2005
Lives for gear

More X-48 box designs...

Hi friends.
I did think the Tascam idea the solution for MUSICIANS.
I dont like the Pc+interface+turning on Pc+ etc... TO MAKE MUSIC.
Why these scientists, audio gear designers want musicians be a computer engineer?
Why recorders manufacturers companies dont follow X-48 box designs?
I hate this Pc musical monopoly.
Because i think musicians are intuitive persons, and, music is more a natural process than Computer programming method.
I mean, whith Protools, Logic etc, the musical process stay lost in programming actions ...
In boxex like x-48 ( you can see the box design ) all lights and recording commands all in front of your eyes and near your hand !...
Yes, you need PRESS the recording REAL buttom with your finger.Good isnt?
YOU DONT NEED BE A COMPUTER GURU TO BEGIN CAPTURE YOUR MUSICAL IDEA..
Is about this im trying to talk...
Music is intuitive than other thing.
I think Protools and Logic , mean, Apple and Microsoft, want sell IDEAS nd PCS and NOT MAKE MUSIC.
Yes, i know x-48 is "kind" of Computer, but more phisical, not so "virtual".
Tascam again running ahead others companies making a 48 channels 24/96 resolution box.
I dont work in Tascam, its only my pwersonal view how the recorders should be.
My dream is see Fostex, Mackie, Yamaha, Roland, etc following the x-48 example with a good price for all ppl can buy.( 5000USD still a fortune...)
I think the price range for this 48 channels machines equal a PowerMac Pc price ( Around 2000USD )
Digidesign, Microsoft, and all this multimilionaire companies want musicians programming pcs...WRONG. Musician need play music in a intuitive way not like a computer engineer.
We musicians need only plug the instrument and press the recording buttom to go, and the recorders manufacturer companies need design machines more easy to operation and make this machines with all tools inside to improve facilities for musician.
Sorry my poor english
Happy New Year
Peace
Old 30th December 2005
Super Moderator

I hear you loud and clear and you English is good. I understood you position perfectly and agree with it 87%.

Designers and manufacturers do seem to want musicians be computer wizards but Tascam wants you to be mind readers...

Tascam still is holding off the release of this amazing "box." You have to be a mind reader to know when it's coming out. I order two of these puppies the end of May 2005. They said the release date was going to be during the 2005 AES in NYC. Now they're talking about March 2006.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I would rather wait until they get it right then to have another problematic box to deal with.

... I want my X48s!
Old 30th December 2005
Lives for gear

Tascam X-48 need be fine !Remoteness

Hi Remoteness my friend.
Ok, you in right way to make music quickly without the Pc opression, hehe.
Oh, you waiting all this time?
Why this Tascam company waiting so long ?
I think others companies like Fostex, Sinewave, Yamaha, Mackie etc will follow the x-48 ideal recorder box.
Please, when you starting recording your wonderfull music in the machine, let me know the results. Im gettins money to buy too. I did read the tech specifications of the x-48, i did not understand about the effects on board. Do you know if have compressor and reverb on each cahannel, or we need have some outboard gear to complete the final mix ?
Peace and Best of Luck in 2006.
Old 30th December 2005
Super Moderator

Yes, I've been waiting a very long time...
I assume they want to get it right before they release the item.

It would make sense if all the other companies followed suit, especially at that price range. That's the key, IMO.

I shall report back my findings the moment I get a chance to play with the device.
I hope I get them sooner than later.

I'm not sure if they have on board FX and processing. I'm not as concerned about that stuff at the moment. I just want my X48s for efficient live recording! I have plenty of toys to play with when I mix. If it has additional processing cool but, it's not a deal breaker for me.

All the best to you and yours in 2006 and beyond.
Old 1st January 2006
Lives for gear

Anxious waiting Tascam X 48 User Reviews

Hi Friends.
Im waiting for user reviews of Tascam X48 machine.
This machine can be the next step in one-in-one solution for musicians/producer which dont want learn PC programming to make music.
Happy 2006 dfegad
Old 1st January 2006
Super Moderator

How can a user review the Tascam X48 machine when it's not available yet?
Old 1st January 2006
Lives for gear

Smile Not YET

Quote:
How can a user review the Tascam X48 machine when it's not available yet?

Not YET...
Waiting for...
Happy New Year
Old 2nd January 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Hey, don't get me wrong, I would rather wait until they get it right then to have another problematic box to deal with.

... I want my X48s!

LOL...

I've been waiting to see what they come up with for this box. Unfortunately, I'm with you, Steve, on the issue of "dealing with yet another problematic box". I wouldn't look at this box to replace my RADARs, but it would be a nice box to supplement what I do.

The thing is, for me, I have enough to worry about when I hit that big red button. Tascam has a major battle to win me over...the unit has to JUST WORK. No futzing around, no "its coming in the next release". I don't care about the editing, but I want to be able to arm tracks, hit record and let it do its thing over a few hours without me needing to babysit it.

I don't mean to be a Tascam thrasher...they have traditionally been a favourite of mine but the past 5 years-or-so of their direction has turned me into a skeptic. They've slowly moved away from being the high quality, professional, support-what-we-make-long-enough-to-make-it-useful company to support the more lucrative DJ and prosumer market. I can understand the business side of this, but they continue to try to support the professional side of the market with the same mentality as they do the home user market...unfortunately these two markets can at times have very different needs and requirements.

I hope this box is what they say it will be, but I'll only believe it when I can give the box a good taste/touch/feel workout...and the major deadline delays don't help keep my confidence up...but I will keep an open mind

Click.
Old 2nd January 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wonder too. I have done a test on my PT HD rig with Maxtor FW800 drives vs. Ultrawide, 128-bit SCSI, with large track counts and edit debsity. The FW sessions were slower, gave me system DAE playback errors and crashes. The SCSI was much, much more stable. So, you pay for it, but the benefits are speed, continuity and less aggrevation.

I wonder how much of a boat anchor I will have when the Macs ship with Intels too.
I've been having lots of instability problems with external firewire drives with my Windows XP Pro setup. I'm not using this particular PC for audio, but I keep getting critical errors, the system crashes when I try to format the drive or defrag it. Device Manager tells me there's nothing wrong with the drive (it's "healthy"). It could be the driver, or the interface I guess.

On the other hand, I've been using USB 2.0 external drives just to backup audio (I've heard it's unreliable for real time multitrack recording) and I haven't had any problems.

At this point I'd have to agree SCSI is well worth the extra expense when it comes to audio, at least with my system. I'm still clinging to my MX-2424 and honestly it's never let me down. I've started backing up the multitrack as tape mode wave files so I can mix ITB if necessary (if the MX goes down).
Old 2nd January 2006
Lives for gear

Lightbulb Click track audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickTrackAudio
LOL...

I've been waiting to see what they come up with for this box. Unfortunately, I'm with you, Steve, on the issue of "dealing with yet another problematic box". I wouldn't look at this box to replace my RADARs, but it would be a nice box to supplement what I do.

The thing is, for me, I have enough to worry about when I hit that big red button. Tascam has a major battle to win me over...the unit has to JUST WORK. No futzing around, no "its coming in the next release". I don't care about the editing, but I want to be able to arm tracks, hit record and let it do its thing over a few hours without me needing to babysit it.

I don't mean to be a Tascam thrasher...they have traditionally been a favourite of mine but the past 5 years-or-so of their direction has turned me into a skeptic. They've slowly moved away from being the high quality, professional, support-what-we-make-long-enough-to-make-it-useful company to support the more lucrative DJ and prosumer market. I can understand the business side of this, but they continue to try to support the professional side of the market with the same mentality as they do the home user market...unfortunately these two markets can at times have very different needs and requirements.

I hope this box is what they say it will be, but I'll only believe it when I can give the box a good taste/touch/feel workout...and the major deadline delays don't help keep my confidence up...but I will keep an open mind

Click.

Yes, click, we need just hit the red buttom to go, and direct to point, make some good recordings without troubleshots. I hope Tascam engineers testing this machine for us before put in stores.
Happy new year.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search