The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LCR...
Old 9th April 2003
Gear Maniac

Question LCR...

I know this forum is mainly for live "recording" but I would really appreciate your answers as I trust GS's more than anyone else.

I am wanting to run my KF300's in a LCR configuration but my A&H board does not support it. Has anyone used a sub as a center send or is there another creative way to make it happen?

I am stuck with 4 speakers flown in a way that heavily leans towards LCR use and the big cheese doesn't want to move things.

/ \ / \

Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks
Old 9th April 2003
Lives for gear

What is the application? I am not a huge fan of LCR out of the theatrical world, I generally perfer an alternating left right setup.

How is the room shaped? where is the stage? where is the
array(s)? What is the purpose of the rig? ( Music, drama, spoken word )

You could run a matrix as the center channel, and de-assign that sub group from the LR mix, but unless you have VCAs, there will be no "Master" fader.
Old 10th April 2003
Gear Maniac

Hi Steve and thanks.

The room/stage is for all purposes listed, music, being my priority. From the stage to the back wall, it is 80'. From left to right, it is 100'. There are 2 KF300's flown in a loose cluster in the center and 2 KF300's way out on the extreme sides. The guy who flew the gear was trying to do a dual stereo thingy (L RL R).

I have limited flexibility in being able to move the speakers around (fear of issues) although I have been in touch with EAW and am going to push for a change. EAW still suggests a setup similar to what we have... 2 centers and then the L/R's but, they want me to push my L/R's in closer.

I hear ya about the master issue. I am just looking for options (besides a new board). If (L RR L) is better, I'll try that.

Thanks again and any ideas appreciated.
Old 10th April 2003
Lives for gear

Funny that those are the dimentions, two years ago i had a house gig in a room that was 90' x 200', with a stage on one side, 5 KF300's, one in the center and two either side And an A&H GL4 !,, odd huh?

My suggestion? Go Mono baby, Mono. That or keep the alternating LRLR vibe. there is no good way to spread stereo around in that room with the amount of boxes you have. Sorry. The good news is , Mono can rock!
Old 10th April 2003
Gear Addict

really i don't work for these guys. honestly.
http://www.arx.com.au/centre_mixx.htm
Old 11th April 2003
Gear Maniac

Thanks guys!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear