The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need help with remote recording
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Question Need help with remote recording

I was wondering if anyone could recomend a place(s) where I can rent a splitter(s) for 48 channels, a 48 ch console, some snakes, and maybe a few microphones, and some kind of recorder(s).

Or if there are any small remote recording services that could accomidate a 48 track recording,
Old 29th June 2005
Super Moderator

Sure we can help... Especially if we can narrow it down a bit.

Just a few questions -- Who, What, Where? We know Why. heh
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Forgive me, I am trying to make posts in the middle of hectic sessions. This is in the LA area. I'm still waiting to find out many specifics myself, jsut doing some research until then.
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Guru

call design FX and rent the 48 channel DA88 rig with ATI 8MX2 pres ... you can monitor right from the returns on the pres ... tight package .... i am looking at putting together a remote rig here in LA myself ... 24 to 32 tracks to start ... pro tools with (2) alesis HD24 or tascam X48 for backup ....

peace and happy remote-ing

john
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

DesignFX has great stuff... There are a number of other outfits to consider. AudioRents/Hollywood Sound have good gear (but they may be a bit light on splitter channels), ATK has lots of splitters and consoles, but may be lighter on some better mics/pres (they provide sound systems for big events), World Wide audio has PT HD rigs that I've seen on a number of gigs I've done....

You may find that there isn't one company that has everything of the quality that you are looking for. The PA companies have good consoles and splitters, but the studio companies may be better for recorders/pres/etc....

--Ben
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks for the advice. I had checked out Design FX, but I got the impression it was only big budget rigs. I will ave to go back and look again. Here's a place I found, just curious what you guys think of it: http://remotewest.com/

I'm wondering if trying to use several rental companies to piece something together may end up costing just as uch if not more than a low budget truck. It seems like it could be a lot less of a headache. But I dunno...
Old 2nd July 2005
Super Moderator

Have you contacted one of our own "Remote Possibilities" members?

Craig Zarkos from Creative Mobile aka "cajonezzz" on Gearslutz.com could be the perfect scenario for you.

He's out of Oceanside, CA and been in the biz for over 25 years.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search