The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
See a Concert, Buy the CD
Old 7th March 2003
Old 7th March 2003
Lives for gear

I think I'm about to sign a project to a label that will P&D a cd we did, then follow the artist around on tour and pass out flyers offering each night's performance for sale on the net. Seems like a cool idea to me. We'll see how it goes. I love the "DIY" feel of the whole thing.
Old 8th March 2003
Super Moderator

Since I do a fair amount of work in the New England area, I heard about this a while ago.

At the moment, I think it's a FOH board feed which then is duplicated via a bank of CD burners. We just recorded Interpol at Avalon in Boston a few days ago. I think they also had "that" rig set up for the show. I didn't see it there, but...

Depending on the demand and quality necessary to make the band happy (about releasing board tapes), I believe mobile audio trucks can be an important step in making this work best!
Old 28th March 2003
Super Moderator

Howdy Recordista,

Here's the website of the company that's doing it in Boston...

http://instantliveconcerts.com/
Old 28th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Remoteness

Here's the website of the company that's doing it in Boston...

http://instantliveconcerts.com/
Their website has extensive data, not!

At least they list in their logo "sound quality ex+", rather than "cd quality sound"
Old 6th May 2003
Lives for gear

So it's not as unbelievably ambitious as it sounds? Seems like quality control would be an issue. I suppose if everyone was sharp as a tack you could release a "highlights" CD of a longer show and still have some room for error.

Entertaining to think of kids comparing "different" shows by the same act when a lot of it is pre-recorded... man they're tight!
Old 8th May 2003
urumita

nothing new except for the immediacy. board feed stereo digital delay stereo one point mic. fast mix next day dupes. could have been done the same night the local clients usually buy within the next week anyway. used to work great with a teac a 3340 a radio shack stereo mic. and roland space echos. sometimes it sounded much better than the records. go figger!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search