The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Remote Possibilities Role Call... Post Your Name, Rank & Specialty Right Here!
Old 17th March 2011
Super Moderator

Nice!!!
Old 18th March 2011
Here for the gear

Cool

Name:
Nathan Eshman

I'm pretty much like a Jedi...or a padawan

Specialty:
Producing/Arranging/Programming/Guitars/Editing/Tuning

Thought for today:
No matter how much you polish a turd, put sparkles on it and even call it gold...it's still a turd

www.nathaneshman.com
[email protected]
Old 18th March 2011
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!

Remember, when polishing a turd you must freeze-dry it first; to keep that new polished look you must consider refrigeration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathaneshman.com View Post
...No matter how much you polish a turd, put sparkles on it and even call it gold...it's still a turd

www.nathaneshman.com
[email protected]
Old 24th March 2011
Here for the gear

Remote Keyboards by Sam Holloway

Hello. My name is Sam Holloway. I play keyboards.

I have been making music for over 15 years as a
professional touring and recording musician, arranger, and composer.

During this time, I have been a part of and worked for bands and artists
such as Cordrazine, Silverchair, The Drifters, James Reyne, Deborah Conway, Stephen Cummings, Daryl Braithwaite, Ross Wilson, Mark Seymour, Joe Camilleri, as well as many other independent artists.

I have just launched Sam Holloway and am promoting my to services as a session keyboardist, producer, teacher and remote session service.

Cheers,
Sam.
Old 27th March 2011
Lives for gear

24A 4V in PDX

Name: Richard Crowley

Speciality: Classical & sacred choral, orchestra, vocal, instrumental

Extra: Added audio for video production because of the deplorable state of audio for video. Now have 4-camera digital HD live-switch mobile unit for video, also.

Plans for my RIG: Buying demo unit JoeCo BBR1U next week. (Alesis HD24 died.)

Also: I am as much an audio/video hardware hacker as I am a producer. Pondering building 8 or 16 channels of mic preamp and surveying what circuits, transformers, etc are available out there. Looking specifically for recommendations for good mic preamp circuits and non-premium transformers. Cinemag? Edcor? other? Still trying to find my way around Gearslutz to see where the mic preamp DIY discussions are?
Lives for gear

Name: Brian Campbell

Specialty: jack of all master of none

History: I started out in the studio with Neve, API, Studer, 3M (2 inch 16 track now that's fat), MCI, etc., and a few hundred bucks could get you an 1176. Oh yeah, the faders only flew when you had your fingers on 'em.
Now it's the space bar and a mouse, but I don't miss the splicing block and razor blade (except the look on people's faces when it was time to cut up the 2 inch, whoo hoo!) Oh yeah, now when I tell the faders what to do they fly on their own (gotta like that)
PT and audio post pays the bills but recording music wherever you find it is where the fun is. I'm just starting out in the remote world with a mediocre kit of Digi pres and a handfull of modded Chinese mics. Hey it's a start and I can't afford 2500 bucks for an 1176.

Awesome forum. I'm learning a lot. Thanks.

BC
Old 29th March 2011
Here for the gear

Name: Alan Blackman

Speciality: jazz

Plans for my RIG: Just purchased some KM184s and a Pacifica

Also: Really just a jazz pianist who started recording my trio and my 2 piano series. Grew into recording friends and fellow musicians, especially at clubs like An Die Musik in Baltimore. Constantly trying to learn better ways to get a great piano sound!

I want to be Manfred Eicher or Jan Erik Kongshaug when I grow up

Last edited by jazzmanATB; 29th March 2011 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: add a thought
Old 16th April 2011
Gear Nut

name: chai t

rank: just the audio guy/ stevedore for outrageously heavy equipment

specialty: before- not applying compression to anything
now- applying compression to everything

most of the time i'm on a PT rig with assorted pres and mics for the bigger projects(most i've had was 62 inputs) and for the smaller stuff i use my MH 2882 with my MC 012's into reaper/logic.

Last edited by chai t; 16th April 2011 at 02:50 AM.. Reason: i want to
Old 12th May 2011
Gear Nut

Name:
Jourdan Roe
Freelance Audio guy
Specialty:
8-Tracks
Thought for today:
We need Audio 911. Starflight should drop boxes of _____ in severe emergiences. heh
Old 17th May 2011
Here for the gear

Dirtylurk

Name:
Chris Reid

Amatuer

Specialty:
Custom install, song writing and urbex recording

Thought for today: Please dont arrest me.

Cool thread yall !

See you out there !
Old 15th June 2011
Here for the gear

Name: Robert Xeno

Speciality: All manner of music and events

Plans for my RIG: Recently purchased teh Skyelabs Mobile unit from Bob Skye. 1962 GMC PD 4106 Coach with full control room by Bob Skye and Neil Muncy. We just finished a major mechanical overhaul of the coach and are weeks away from the interior refurbishing. Going to put Pro Tools 9 with several monitor options. Current load is JBL LSR 4328s but looking to move our Adam A8X for mains and A3X for rear monitors.

Currently a Digidesign C|24 but looking to put an analog console in with a supporting full HD3 system and a Command 8. Pile sof outboard and analog tape available as well.

Also: Moving out to Nashville/Franklin to connect with some old friends and offer a different remote experience. Rover is back on the road!
Attached Thumbnails
Remote Possibilities Role Call... Post Your Name, Rank & Specialty Right Here!-20110612_4.jpg  
Old 15th June 2011
Super Moderator

Hey Robert,

I've worked on Rover in San Fransisco and NYC!

Bob's a great guy; I'm happy to see his old rig live on.

Congrats on the purchase.

Consider starting your own thread to keep us updated on the progress of this awesome refurbish/build-out project!
Old 15th June 2011
Name: Kevin Bourassa

Speciality: capturing energetic, sometimes raw, performances by talented independent artists as honestly and authentically as possible.

Plans for my RIG: Hunting down a nice pair of flat LDC's, adding some more ribbons and tube amps to the arsenal
Old 24th June 2011
Deleted User
Roll Call

Put me on your roll, or list. I'll tell you about the various roles I play.

I'm mainly into high quality amateur recordings. My main place to post stuff is in YouTube under the name JackTadoussac.

I'm fascinated with the history of recording -- but I think the only money I want to spend is on digital related gear, or on bits like mics that you can use for a long time, unaffected by obsolesce.

At the moment I have a pair of sm57, pair of re20, and pair of ev635b, and the Line Audio mp2 mic pre and a Konnekt24d (that still works).

I could see maybe getting a 2 channel sound devices recorder, maybe, or the new Duet, and maybe a pair of ksm141 to bust into condenser mics.

Mostly I have been happy to record the occasional duet with my friend George -- my buddy on YouTube -- but has recently passed away due to cancer -- so I may have to do some solo recording and perhaps get into songwriting.
Old 1st July 2011
Lives for gear
Don't think I posted here yet.

Name:
David O'Brien

Head Honcho and Cable Wrapper, Nomad Recording Studio
Greenbelt, MD, USA

Specialty:
Location recording in the Washington DC area. Mostly recording choral concerts, but the occasional orchestra, church group, band demo in my basement studio, voice over etc. Still keeping my day job, but if I can get my wife to work hard and get a promotion maybe I can do this recording thing full time heh.

Thought for today:
With kid #1 on the way next week, is an SM57 an appropriate baby toy? What if I wrap it in pink gaffers tape? She is definitely not getting near my Schoeps until she is at least 16, maybe not even then tutt
Old 17th July 2011
Lives for gear

Name: Sandy Noyes

Rank: Trained as an historian, worked as a COBOL programmer, now I play with recording gear.

Speciality: Anything that is happening around my area that will sit still long enough for me to set up.

Et Cetera: I have loved music all my life, classical and jazz. In the '60's I branched out. Didn't we all? I had fun during that period, I think. I am out on the coast of Oregon now in a small town, the rainiest in the US, trying to learn how to capture music and make it sound good without making it sound fake. Van Gelder and the Fines are my heroes, along with our treasured authors: Eargle and Bartlett. The propellor heads on this board are a constant source of guidance, inpiration and knowledge for me. I am having a lot of fun doing this and it gives me an excuse not to cut the grass.

NB: I should have done this a long time ago but did not peek into this thread until tonight. Sorry about that.
Old 19th July 2011
Gear Addict

SpectraSound Recording

Name: Jim McGee

Specialties: Remote ProTools HD (flight packs, not truck) 32 + inputs. Also operate a mix/master facility in Nazareth, PA. (PT HD/acoustically correct room/ Barefoot MM27 monitors) Specialize in Jazz & acoustical music.

Spectra Sound Solutions
Old 19th July 2011
Here for the gear

I remember doing this now Yes Ill get that together and keep the trip pics uploading.
Old 23rd July 2011
Lives for gear
Name ; Roger Long
Rank; Owner /Driver Vox Pop Records,real music in real spaces.
Speciality; Live to stereo, Classical, Folk, Jazz, Acoustic Rock
Thought for the Day; Its All Right leaving me...
Extra, All my location kit fits on a Tesco aluminium Water Bottle Sack Truck.
Roger
Old 17th August 2012
Here for the gear

Wow, has it really been a year since the last addition to this list?!? Well, in that case let me jump on and get counted among this great collection of likeminded individuals.

Name: J Hoover

Rank: Tough call. My day job (10 years or so) is doing sound/lights/video production for corporate events. My night job is doing location sound recording and music mixing for anyone and everyone I can find. So... I guess seasoned amateur?

Specialty: Location/onsite multitrack recording. I prefer the sound of clean, well tuned/played acoustic instruments and try to always maintain an unprocessed signal path. But I also dig getting down and dirty doing whatever-it-takes punk rawk basement shows.

History: Dropped out of a degree in something productive and meaningful choosing instead to remain broke and impoverished my whole life. But having a blast doing it everyday! I work a day job but still find time to get out and do location recording any chance I get. Several years back I embarked on a new side project with a friend of mine filming/recording musicians playing live on a rooftop (a la Beatles final performance). Since then we've turned into something more than we ever expected and are still rocking this "project" 3 years later. - shameless self promotion - check out Rooftop Sessions Chicago if you've finally exhausted all other web surfing options.

Gear: BLA modded 003r, presonus/grace/drawmer/focusrite preamps, DBX compression, urei EQ, Shure/Rhode/Sony/AKG/Beyerdynamic/RadioShack mics

Thought for the day: Licentia of mens est licentia of animus

Looking forward to contributing to the conversation after many years of aimless lurking!
Old 5th November 2013
Deleted User
After all of this pussyfooting I'm ready to launch and reveal my identity to you

I'm in the midst of writing a book and taking an inventory of my client's collection of musical instruments and recording technology.

I am primarily a two channel advocate. My first twin track rig, circa 1977, comprised of a pair of Beyer Soundstar Mics (hand soldered to 1/4 inch phone jacks) plugged into a Realistic Cassette Deck.

I pledge to my Queen and country to refrain from further discussion of my plans on public forums. Cheerio Gearslutz, but I assure you I have enjoyed this community more than any other community of the internet (such as other pro audio forums or those centred around a type or brand of acoustic guitar).
Old 19th November 2013
Name: Charlie Hurst

Speciality: Music concerts / Production TV & Film / Guitar tracking / Rock music mixing

Past: I have a degree in Broadcasting Technology. I spent 5 years working as a touring recording tech, recording some of the biggest bands in existence (until we got undercut quite severely). I then made inroads into TV and Film audio around 2010.

Future: The rig is getting a few new faces, and moving my UFX to full capacity. Two new 8 input preamps and a Focusrite 2802 controller/mixer. Aiming to keep it mobile too, at around 6U to 8U, on wheels.

Present: I have a website which you are more than welcome to visit: charliehurst.co.uk ; and a twitter account you are more than welcome to meet me on: @chazhurst
Old 20th November 2013
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Remotester's Forum, folks!
Old 27th November 2013
Gear Head

Name:
Dave The Sound Guy
(Dave Pittman)

Engineer

Specialty:
None? All? I have been involved in music production for 30+ years, whether live sound, studio recording, live recording, playing and singing a song or two, so forth and so on.

Based
South Carolina

Thought for today:
Live recording is all about capturing the moment in the purest, most accurate manner possible. The fact that it will be overdubbed and mixed to death really has no bearing on the matter.
Old 27th November 2013
Super Moderator

I love your, "Thought of the day," Dave The Sound Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethesoundguy View Post
Name:
Dave The Sound Guy
(Dave Pittman)

Engineer

Specialty:
None? All? I have been involved in music production for 30+ years, whether live sound, studio recording, live recording, playing and singing a song or two, so forth and so on.

Based
South Carolina

Thought for today:
Live recording is all about capturing the moment in the purest, most accurate manner possible. The fact that it will be overdubbed and mixed to death really has no bearing on the matter.
Old 24th January 2014
Here for the gear
Name:
Scott Harber

Leader-Dang Me Sound

Specialty:
Production mixer for TV, film, commercials.
I record dialog while they shoot pictures.
Scott Harber - IMDb

Thought for today:
This is where some snappy idea or saying goes.
Old 24th January 2014
Super Moderator

Hey there, Scott!

Welcome aboard the forum!

Thanks for chiming in and showing us your awesome IMDb credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangmesh View Post
Name:
Scott Harber

Leader-Dang Me Sound

Specialty:
Production mixer for TV, film, commercials.
I record dialog while they shoot pictures.
Scott Harber - IMDb

Thought for today:
This is where some snappy idea or saying goes.
Old 24th January 2014
Here for the gear

Name: adotinthecosmos

Rank: total noob soundguy. Pretty good stage hand. Professional zombie.

Specialty: remembering what I ate for lunch.

Thought for the day: why is it so doggon cold in Georgia!
Old 15th May 2014
RPC
Gear Addict
Name: Rudy Chalupa

Rank: part-time subcontractor (There's little enough work to go around and I'd rather make friends than enemies.)

Specialty: "facsimile recording of acoustic music"

Based: Philadelphia area, though I started in Chicago and worked as far afield as Wyoming

Thought for the day: Serve the music.
Old 28th May 2014
Here for the gear

Name:
Andrew Kane

Radio Production Engineer

Specialty:
Outside Broadcasts for Irish National Radio. Everything from talk to festival main stages.

Based:
Dublin, Ireland.

Thought for today:
If you are frustrated by your colleagues, google the Dunning Kruger effect.

Currently:
Researching this forum for the perfect rolling remote rig

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search