The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A-RACK 8+1 (The Modular Recording System)
Old 16th November 2002

A-RACK 8+1

Hi all,

Steve suggested I make you people aware of a new product from Buzz Audio, the A-RACK 8+1 Modular Recording System.

Click here for more info...

There has been some interesting developments since we announced this product and modules from other manufacturers such as Great River Electronics may be available to fit this rack. We have orders for several racks already, and welcome your enquiry. Pricing, well it's a heap less than the Neve 88R, but does not have the remote control facilities, just nice pure Class A (and real Class A - runs hot) electronics.

Cheers and thanks for contacting us Steve.
Tim Farrant
DESIGNER.
Old 16th November 2002
Gear Maniac

Tim, thank you!

I have used your preamps before and found them to be of great clarity and detail of the millenia and great-river family.

I have always wanted a modular rack system that I can grow with - and being able to have say 6 preamps and 2 compressors is a very cool option...

I hope you and Dan at Great River work something out so that one could have 4 channels of Buzz preamp and 4 channels of Great River MP-2-NV!

If you don't mind me asking - what are the projected list prices for the system? Rack and Modules?

You should really make a 2-channel portable DC powered mic-pre too! I'd live to help design that, yet that's another e-mail!

take care
Old 17th November 2002
Super Moderator

Tim,

Thanks for taking me up on posting information on your multiple Class A Mic Pre Rack. Many folks want to know about other quality mic pre solutions for their location recording needs. This looks like a winner. Good luck with the product line.

Is it possible to get one of your racks with at least 2 to 4 mic pre modules, for our next mic pre shoot out (part II)? I would like to evaluate it against the other entries. Please keep me posted via this thread or email.
Old 17th November 2002

Steve,

We would be very interested in your Pre Shootout, having participated in Lynn Fuston's (3D Audio) shoot out a few years back. Tell me more.....when?....where....? etc...

Cheers
Tim.
Old 21st November 2002
Old 28th November 2002
Gear Maniac

Tim, it would be really cool if you could find a way to get some of your buzz gear down to one of the future shootouts...

Any chance you might have thought about making a portable 2-channel DC powered version (such as the grace designs lunatec)?
Old 23rd December 2002
Lives for gear

Re: A-RACK 8+1

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Buzz
[B]Hi all,

>Steve suggested I make you people aware of a new product from Buzz >Audio, the A-RACK 8+1 Modular Recording System.

Hi Tim,

I've just posted a similar "wish" in another thread and seeing this product proves my point perfectly, well for something I'd like anyway.
Firstly, I think the A-RACK looks cool and I'd like to hear one, and, I wish you the best of luck with it.

However, the forementioned "wish" I spoke of was for someone to build a unit, like yours, that had a 2 or 4 buss output router to combine channels without the need of an external mixer. If your A-RACK had this I'd seriously consider one right now, and I'm sure there are others who would feel the same.
Old 23rd December 2002
Lives for gear

modular system

my two wish list items:

1. utilize the API 500 series as the standard configuration. 33 years of existing modules is a helluva jumpstart towards this product's acceptance.

2. as requested in the previous post, one of the most important features that you could offer would be some sort of very basic stereo mix bus. nothing fancy, no need for a dozen Aux sends or other nonsense. just some system that allows an engineer to utilize 3 or 4 mic preamps and still record directly to 2 track.

steve
[email protected]
Old 2nd January 2003
urumita

I would personally like to have a multiple buss type of thing that excepts an Arak module or an external source for mixing instrument multi mic. techniques, snare T&B, Djembe T&B, saxophone, pno, 12 busses would be enough, it would have other features as well. Can we get something like this started on the A rack format? Is the A-rack big enough to get some tubes into it?
Happy New Year

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search