The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Getting Gear Picked up and Shipped
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

Getting Gear Picked up and Shipped

Hi - not sure if this is the best place to post...I am trying to purchase an electric piano in San Fran, and the seller wants it to be picked up. I am on the east coast. Do you know of any reliable services that could handle this?
Old 13th August 2020
I believe some UPS stores have piano boxes, that get used for golf clubs and other stuff.
Old 13th August 2020
Lives for gear

I guess the question is, how helpful does he want to be.

I have shipped large things far distances (thing 54 input desks) and the Army ships stuff like tanks so anything is possible.

It will cost but in a large city like SF, there will be a service to do stuff like what you need done. I think I'd start by calling SIR (Studio Instrument Rentals) if there is one in town, or I have had luck getting local sound reinforcement companies to ship for me. It would be nice to have the seller's help but if he won't help, you'll need to find someone to pick it up, transport it to a shipper and so on.

Will the seller deliver it somewhere in town? That would go a long way to making this easier. Is he anxious to make the sale? If not, just more "footwork" for you but it can be done.

D.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear