The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Had to cancel a recording session...
Old 2nd August 2020
Had to cancel a recording session...

I just had to cancel a recording session due to logistical reasons.

The client originally wanted a recording of a quartet with a harpsichord with a video recording of the recording session. Two of the members of the quartet would not travel due to COVID-19 concerns.

Then the client changed his mind and wanted to record himself playing all the parts with harpsichord and again the video recording.

We were going to do this in a very beautiful church near here.

The problem was we would have had to edit each of the client's performances before he could do the next performance. There was also the matter of the harpsichord and the video of the whole event. This church has very good natural light that changes throughout the day so the video would have been tricky even without the editing.

The client and I discussed the matter and decided that it would not have worked so we cancelled the whole project for the foreseeable future.

Too bad it would have been a fun project.

FWIW
Old 2nd August 2020
Gear Maniac

I'll one up ya

How bout being locked out of the EU for a once in a lifetime DSD 5.0 surround session recording of the Beethoven 9 with Ivan Fischer and the Budapest Festival Orchestra in Budapest's Müpa Budapest, Béla Bartók National Concert Hall the end of this month?
Attached Thumbnails
Had to cancel a recording session...-m3_1024_20160312_124941.jpg  

Last edited by tailspn; 2nd August 2020 at 10:21 PM..
Old 2nd August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailspn View Post
I'll one up ya

How bout being locked out of the EU for a once in a lifetime DSD 5.0 surround session recording of the Beethoven 9 with Ivan Fischer and the Budapest Festival Orchestra in Budapest's Müpa Budapest, Béla Bartók National Concert Hall the end of this month?
What a BUMMER, my condolences...
Old 3rd August 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailspn View Post
I'll one up ya

Hit me up - I'll fill in for you 😉
Old 3rd August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
I just had to cancel a recording session due to logistical reasons.

The client originally wanted a recording of a quartet with a harpsichord with a video recording of the recording session. Two of the members of the quartet would not travel due to COVID-19 concerns.

Then the client changed his mind and wanted to record himself playing all the parts with harpsichord and again the video recording.

We were going to do this in a very beautiful church near here.

The problem was we would have had to edit each of the client's performances before he could do the next performance. There was also the matter of the harpsichord and the video of the whole event. This church has very good natural light that changes throughout the day so the video would have been tricky even without the editing.

The client and I discussed the matter and decided that it would not have worked so we cancelled the whole project for the foreseeable future.

Too bad it would have been a fun project.

FWIW
too bad - i am more lucky: i'm just about to finish a re-install of a large meyer rig in a concert hall here in town and i'll get to mix a few jazz bands in this hall and in a large church at the end of this month; plans for tracking/mixing/broadcasting things got cancelled though...

here are two pics of (some of) the rig:
Attached Thumbnails
Had to cancel a recording session...-20200730_142206.jpg   Had to cancel a recording session...-20200730_142254.jpg  
Old 4th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
too bad - i am more lucky: i'm just about to finish a re-install of a large meyer rig in a concert hall here in town and i'll get to mix a few jazz bands in this hall and in a large church at the end of this month; plans for tracking/mixing/broadcasting things got cancelled though...

here are two pics of (some of) the rig:
Nice, keep up the good work. I hope you get to do a lot more concert sound work sometime soon.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear