The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A Pleasant Surprise
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A Pleasant Surprise

About 6 years ago, I was given a Sound Devices USBPre (the original model) which had been rendered useless to the original owner because he upgraded to a new Mac, and the SD box wasn't supported, with no "upgrade" path. It sat unused ever since... until I discovered a nice, tiny ASUS WinXP netbook that had belonged to my father-in-law. We're all Mac'd up here, so it just sat, like the USBPre. I was cleaning out some stuff in the ManCave and decided I'd see what I could kludge together. SD came with the OEM CD-ROM, and the ASUS had been wiped right after Joe's passing. Well... here's the "proof-of-concept" from my wife's piano studio... a nice bit of Getty-penned goodness. Baldwin SF-10 7', lid down, two CM3 in a 20cm AB.

And the SD/ASUS rig...? It's for sale, or trade. Would love another AT4050...

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

HB
Attached Thumbnails
A Pleasant Surprise-img_0055-3.jpg   A Pleasant Surprise-img_0056-2.jpg   A Pleasant Surprise-img_0060-2.jpg   A Pleasant Surprise-img_0062.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: aiff SD Sample 062020.aiff (9.46 MB, 39 views)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Fun! Thanks for posting
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear