The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Video production and "the mind's eye"
Old 4 weeks ago
Video production and "the mind's eye"

Always loved that phrase, "the mind's eye." It boils down what, really, all creative efforts are after: creating an illusion so powerful that it seems to spring unmediated straight from the imagination. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth, creative efforts involve numbingly laborious planning and tedious execution-- I suppose that's one of the many ironies involved in a life in the arts: to seem free-spirited while actually you're relentlessly nit-picking every last inspiration.

Every so often you'll hear someone say, "Wow, where do your ideas come from?" which is always seems like kind of a left-field inquiry to me. The ideas shower down like rain! That's "the mind's rain," I guess. Taking any of them through the dreary and exhausting pathway to completion, THAT'S the problem!

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Still knocking them out from the mountaintop, eh? Keep up the good work. It looks like we will all have lots of studio time.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search