The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MV88 Remote vocal recording?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

MV88 Remote vocal recording?

I have a really talented musician friend who isn't able to come to my (or any) studio to record vocals because of Covid-19 quarantine concerns. I thought the MV88 with her iphone would be a good option for her to be able to send vocals without having to get a whole home studio setup of her own. Now I'm curious if this will even work at all, since the microphone cable seems to take up the headphone jack on the iphone. Is it possible for her to listen to the beat in headphones and record with the microphone simultaneously, so that a ridiculous amount of the beat doesn't bleed through the vocals? I know it comes with a headphone jack but the instructions are immensely confusing and vague. What can be done?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Two phones at each end?

D.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOmni View Post
I know it comes with a headphone jack but the instructions are immensely confusing and vague. What can be done?
The earphone jack will only work on older iphones, the ones that had a separate Lightning input and earphone input.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

true for the first version, the second has an additional headphone out for monitoring.
they are good. i zse them mainly for recording gigs and rehearsals, never tried them as vocal mics.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkP View Post
true for the first version, the second has an additional headphone out for monitoring.
they are good. i zse them mainly for recording gigs and rehearsals, never tried them as vocal mics.
Ah, I had no idea there was a second generation. I've been largely unimpressed with mine but it's an improvement over the built-in mic of course.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search